What's the most sought after land size?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got bad news about my job just before Christmas.

I am not unemployed, but I must plan for the future since it is uncertain, and that mean pulling my alts from Premium and keep only myself and maybe 1 alt Premium.

I can slice my land up and sell, but what is the most sought after land sizes? Will I benefit financially from dividing a 6752m in 2 or 3 or maybe 6 parts?

The odd number is because I have six alts that donate to group. Is land sizes for groups in demand, or is it just stupid to divide the land and include the group bonus? Like 1126 instead of 1024? Or should I just set land to 1024 or 2048 and some small parcels like 204 there so a group can buy both?

The land is good, between protected road and protected water with direct access to a large mainland sea.

i you can keep two premiums, don't forget to keep also the groupbonus!..

If you don't want to move i'd say to cut the part you want to keep off (incl 10% group ! ) and sell the remaining part as one for a decent price, perhaps just a few L$ in total less than average what shows in search.
If it doesn't sell fast enough you always can decide to cut it in pieces later.

If you have your alts on long term subscription you can also put your alts on downgrade, and for the remaining time they are premium, donate their landholding to the group again.. and buy something as long that works ... you can close to their real downgrade sell the part you can't hold, and use the tier of the two accounts ( + groupbonus)
If you for a few minutes take you to downgrade alts off the group you'll get a warning for low donation, but that will do no harm for a little while. (because you can't click the downgrade button as long you have land donated/owned, but can donate back for the time it lasts to really downgrade date)

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have myself and one alt on annual, that runs out in March. The other 4 is a mix of monthly and quarterly, I must log them in to see.

I start by removing the monthly ones from Premium. But I will sell the land now, I will not stay there on a downsized plot. It will be sad. I want to make as most I can from the sales, obviously, so I can buy some cheap ass land and save the rest, since I should not buy more L if my income is 66% of today. Something that will kick in in August, probably. I am cutting unnecessary costs to save money in RL. I need to spend them on my family and reduce money spent on SL.

If I can remove the quarterly from Premium, maybe I can get a refund but I am not sure if LL allow it.

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

maybe I can get a refund but I am not sure if LL allow it.

think i can safely say... don't count on it, LL doesn't do refunds ..

(ps ... if you keep two premiums.. think about saving their stipend and use it for a 3rd premium, 2 x 300L$ x 52 is covering a 3rd account)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

think i can safely say... don't count on it, LL doesn't do refunds ..

(ps ... if you keep two premiums.. think about saving their stipend and use it for a 3rd premium, 2 x 300L$ x 52 is covering a 3rd account)

But I am used to spending money is SL, so that monthly stipend x 2 will be used for shopping.

Does anyone know what's the most popular land size?

When I had the land you are trying to sell I broke mine up into 2048 parcels plus a small cut 10% right next to each 2048 so if someone wanted to get that group bonus it was readily available. I didn't set those small parcels for sale though because I didn't want a speculator to swoop in and buy something then cause issues for me selling the larger sections. I did put the 10% sections on the mountain side of the road though as that was best as extra prims. I sold that land pretty quickly and sold if for a little bit more than I paid.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

It seems like 1024 would be the fastest selling size IN GENERAL since that is what folks get for their free tier for one account. While there certainly are people with armies of alts for land --- that is not the norm AFAIK.    The problem is that unless your land is special in some way it is often difficult to sell. 

So if it isn't roadside or waterside or protected in some way it probably won't sell super fast.  There are a lot of 1024s out there under $3000 (including some roadside) so likely your price point will need to be below that. I suspect that there will be even more land for sale in the Spring when the new Linden Homes become available.   

The lowest 1024 listed in search right now is 2.4 per meter at 2500.   I am sure you know but don't forget that one month "buffer" time when you will be charged if not premium and all the other things you need to do NOT to get charged when tiering down in a group. 

And good luck!!!!

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It seems like 1024 would be the fastest selling size IN GENERAL since that is what folks get for their free tier for one account. While there certainly are people with armies of alts for land --- that is not the norm AFAIK.    The problem is that unless your land is special in some way it is often difficult to sell.  So if it isn't roadside or waterside or protected in some way it probably won't sell super fast. 

There are a lot of 1024s out there under $3000 (including some roadside) so likely your price point will need to be below that.

And good luck!!!!

It is both, and I sold land in the same region, app 1100 m for 10 000. I had to pay tier the month when I bought a too big parcel, but I divided it so I could cover it with my small army of alts.

I think I will try 2048 as Blush say over here. I am a bit sad and down now, so I will look up when the Premium payments is due for all my alts. And set all the parts for sale, not stay on a smaller part because I will not see others move in there. The first monthly alt is due for another month of premium the first days of January, but I can't cope with the dividing and sale so fast. I am moping.

And I think it will be unrealistic to sell land in 3 days now, when so many people is busy with their family in RL.

I wonder if I should move off Heterocera. Buy the ugliest land possible.

Things have definitely picked up for me after Christmas so folks are thinking about moving and building.  Since it is "special land" it should probably be much easier to sell. You could put an ad here in land and just let folks know it is there and perhaps someone will want all or part of it.  You might not need to divide up at all. Who knows?

My group has almost always sold their land in a day but it is priced reasonably and like yours is special in some ways.  Good luck!!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

@Marianne Little that land is very desirable with both water and road access and located on the L shaped lake. If you can manage a little more time I think you will sell it. When I retired I had to down size substantially, so I can really empathize with your situation. I'm hoping that I love the new Linden homes being built on SSP. It might be a good option for those who are in a position where spending money on tier isn't advisable.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.