Looking for a script that auto-teleports users across sim

LuxuriousSin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! My friend and I have a full sim and are trying to integrate a system where avatars can, for example, walk through a doorway and be automatically teleported to a skybox. I've seen this implemented in other sims, and when I've asked sim owners about this they have been very guarded about answering. Does anyone know of a script like this, or would anyone be available to do a commission for this type of script? Thank you.

It seems you want a ready-made solution (in which case you probably want to post in a different forum), but if you're looking to script it yourself, and if you're really wanting to simply walk through a portal to trigger the teleport (no touching nor sitting), you'd start with an Experience. That Experience would need to be enabled on your land and each person to be teleported would need to have agreed (one time) to that Experience's permissions.

This is a fairly straightforward Experience script. (Teleporting between regions involves a little trickiness in specifying the llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords() destination "look_at" vector.)

Oh. If all your visitors will have RLV enabled, that's another alternative. Seems unlikely, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, steph Arnott said:

I have never bothered to try this but does it not still invoke the LL map being presented.

I use llTeleportAgent with a landmark rather than llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords, but the behavior should be the same. The world map is not presented; you just end up at the target location. The look_at vector is in both functions, but you can set it to ZERO_VECTOR if you don't care what direction the teleportee is facing at the other end.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Innula Zenovka said:

You may be thinking of http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMapDestination, which used to be the only way to teleport people other than by sending them home.

Yes i think that is the case. I did a test in world and it seems to be LLs climbdown on the RLV gridwide tp refusal. Works okay. Why it took so long is beyond me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.