ZOTAC NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 Ti - Firestorm denies to start up via Remote Desktop Protocol, but it starts up via Teamviewer or on site

Emili Sleydon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

because of a broken graphic card I've been forced to install my old one. However, with that video card latest Firestorm denies to start up when I'm connected to my computer via Remote Desktop Protocol, but it starts up when I'm connected via Teamviewer or when I'm sitting in front of my PC. And I wonder why?

When I connect via Teamviewer first, to start this application, and then connect via RDP to my session, it works just fine either. Any idea how to get rid of this (in my case) senseless message and start Firestorm even via RDP directly?

Thanks in advance

- Emili

2 answers to this question

I suggest removing all your video drivers for the NVIDIA cards. Revert back to Windows default VGA. On the next reboot Windows 10 will try to find the default driver for the 560 and install it. Let that happen.

Then visit NVIDIA and get the latest driver for the 560 and install it.

I am assuming you are using Microsoft's RDP. So, it may be confused by the presence of drivers with features beyond the 560's.

There are used GTX 1070's selling on eBay for US$60 to $75... these are auction prices. So, you may have to work at it to get one this cheap. However, the Bitcoin rush is over and prices have dropped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.