Pussycat Catnap

RP sims with nudity, but not sex-themed?

Something I've been looking for for ages.

A RP or 'cosplay' sim where I can make themed avatars that are always nude, and socialize or roleplay or whatever... but where the theme is not sex-driven.

I see a general split on this in RP sims.

I find places where nudity is allowed 'limited'. Such as: you can be nude over there in the special place, but if nude elsewhere you get will get unfriendly RP'.Quoting from the rules of a popular RP sim:

• [...] is not a sex sim. While intimacy is a healthy part of any relationship, please keep it between yourselves (i.e a Rental/Inn Room/Somewhere Private) and within Instant Messages. Public ERP should only be in approved areas (currently only the [..] Den/Brothel in [...]). Nudity (non-stimulated genitalia) is allowed outside of the Public ERP Areas, just expect consequences if it "doesn't make sense" (a naked fae or barbarian makes sense, but a naked elf just wandering around might get questioned icly.)

(Red bolding added by me to highlight the part that discourages my interest. A perfectly good policy just not the one I'm seeking. I cammed around on an alt, and even the barbarians and fae on the place kept to clothing, implying if I chose to indulge I'd be 'on the edge or outside' the social norm).

Or the places tend to be CARP (capture and ... play) or Gor sims that come with very sexualized themes, or very specific genderized rules of conduct for the nude folks. Both themes that... are not exactly friendly to running around in something like an empowered magical naked princess or barbarian or sorceress or space pirate motif... 😁

I know of one exception, the Amazon RP sims... (which as a person of RL Peruvian-Amazon ancestry has always felt weird for me...). But I'm wondering if it's the sole exception. That sim basically allows anyone to participate regardless of clothed or not - assumes a nude person is "going native" but isn't, last I checked, ethno-restricted... (and if we start unpacking that as compared to the actual Amazon you'll see why I have complicated feelings about a sim that meets my 'fantasy' but does so based on an improperly informed stereotype of my relatives...)

- Also, that sim is not fantasy or sci-fi... and I'm really interested in seeing this in a fantasy or sci-fi theme.

Am I the only one out there who's idea of fantasy was informed by discovering their older sibling's collection of Richard Corben Den comics, and seeing Frank Frazetta art and thinking the nude woman there might be a powerful sorceress and not just a prop?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

Hmm, a very interesting question. The only answer I can give is if you don't find one then make one. Be the first to start the trend and maybe more will follow along. You might have the next big new trend for nude-themed rp sims. But don't hold your breath too much. There is a reason why most are sex-themed. Its all about the taboo of sex and filling that want. A scifi nudist colony might not be the cup of tea for a lot of people that come here seeking their fantasy to be filled; but until you ever try you won't know.

I don't mind sex-themed. It's that all the sex-themed ones are about female humiliation / disempowerment / rape...

SL's "adult community" seems obsessed with female nudity being about abuse... We could and folks have in past written about the somewhat one-track-mind that seems to see no variety in sexuality, eroticism, or nudity other than 'beating down women'.

So if there's a sex-sim that favors female nudity without mixing it with 'gender power politics' (fem-dom venues are just the same problem flipped around)... I'd be all for that as well.

I'd have started one years ago if I had the resources to do a whole sim...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crest of Vrek'mar Legacy? It's adult fantasy, sex-friendly but doesn't revolve around sex or any specific fetishes. 

58 minutes ago, Nyx Karas said:

Crest of Vrek'mar Legacy? It's adult fantasy, sex-friendly but doesn't revolve around sex or any specific fetishes. 

I'll take a look thanks.

I also found the new "Kardoloth Chronicles".

I can't speak for the RP scene as I've never really been involved in it, but..

On 12/31/2018 at 10:38 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

I don't mind sex-themed. It's that all the sex-themed ones are about female humiliation / disempowerment / rape...

SL's "adult community" seems obsessed with female nudity being about abuse... We could and folks have in past written about the somewhat one-track-mind that seems to see no variety in sexuality, eroticism, or nudity other than 'beating down women'. 

So if there's a sex-sim that favors female nudity without mixing it with 'gender power politics' (fem-dom venues are just the same problem flipped around)... I'd be all for that as well.

I'd have started one years ago if I had the resources to do a whole sim...

The furry community as a whole seems to have a lot less of this mentality, interestingly enough. Though I don't know about the whole "not sex-driven" thing.. So if you're okay with furry-ish avatars (like in a fantasy setting), there might be better luck looking there.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 3:24 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I can't speak for the RP scene as I've never really been involved in it, but..

The furry community as a whole seems to have a lot less of this mentality, interestingly enough. Though I don't know about the whole "not sex-driven" thing.. So if you're okay with furry-ish avatars (like in a fantasy setting), there might be better luck looking there.

though if it is not often sex themed, its vore themed and not often rp as in an ongoing long term rp event like some rp themed places are. though the OP could ever look for art galleries and just become a piece of art in them(not sex themed at that point).