Buying a Homestead

eric57

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  With the drop in land pricing I was interested in buying the homestead I currently rent.  However I understand that one cant buy a homestead without owning a full region first.  Is this true, and if so, can anyone tell me why?

13 minutes ago, eric57 said:

Hello.  With the drop in land pricing I was interested in buying the homestead I currently rent.  However I understand that one cant buy a homestead without owning a full region first.  Is this true, and if so, can anyone tell me why?

Yep its true and why is beyond me but makes business sense for LL and the land companies 

thank you Cindy.  I can't see why it makes business sense unless they prefer people renting.  I certainly can't afford to pay out for a full region either to set it up, or to continue paying the tier it would require, so as a result they lose a sale.  Pity!

13 minutes ago, eric57 said:

I can't see why it makes business sense unless they prefer people renting.

one of the aspects is the ever changing renters.. when you see how often homesteads change from rented to vacant i can understand fully why LL wants a owner in between... it makes them sure to get income from it.
Imagine all the hussle for LL when they have to hand out all manager levels every time, all the direct support those renters need, and all the vacant homesteads... it will cost ten times the profit they ever get out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.