Multiple crashes

KarolinaKatt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

REcetnly my Firestorm has been crashing more and more frequently. Last days more than once every fifth minute. This forced me to make a totall uninstall - cleaned everyting - and install the new Firestorm Beta. But this behaves exactly the same. I have Windows 10 Home edition. I have set all graphics to low, my cache to max, it still crashes badly. I cant no longer do anything in SL. Does anyone have an idea what is happening? I am now practiacally unable to run SL and it is very sad.

The crashes are weired. Parts of SL is first stopping. I notice it is about to chrash when I cannot open profiles, I can rotate my avatar, but not move in any direction. No IM is reaching me and I am probably not able to send IMs either, despite it is looking like that. After some minutes the screen goes grey and a pop up tells me it has crashed.

Probably just a personal observation, but I changed from using Netgear routers a few years ago when I was having login issues.  I read somewhere (Firestorm?) that one of their models was unstable, so I switched to using Linksys.  I'm using a Linksys 02743 now with no problems.

Thank you Rolig. Maybe I should but it is a huge cost for me. I want to be assured the error is not returning if I change. And my Netgear does work excellent in all other applications I run. And I think they will - or have - fixed porblems like those you mension by now.

You might reduce your cost by buying used, eBay?

Also, while I am not a fan of this, some stores give you 30 days to return an item like a router. Buy one try it for a week. If it makes no difference return it.

The SL TP/Crossing problem was greatly reduced last week with the main server channel update. Prior to that I was doing good to make 10 crossings or 5 Tp's. This week I have made hundreds of crossings flying my helicopters and sailing. So, the SL side is much less likely to be your problem.

Thursday we did some testing in ADITI with a Linden made TP Tester. I still ran into TP disconnects. I had some short runs and some 40 crossing runs. So, while not completely solved, things are way better. If you haven't seen a change then that suggests the problem is not server side.

Thank you Natales. I have noticed an improvement, but TP is actually the tool to NOT get disconnected for me. Well anyhow bot TPs as my problem of getting disconnected while on ethernet  is better now, alas not totally good, but sometimes I can stay in SL for 20-30 minutes, if not more. I am very happy for that. If it is an SL, a Firestorm, a Windows or a Netgear-update that made it better, i have no clue of - I  really whish I had.
About deals with the stores, it might be an idea to try but we dont always have the same routines in Sweden as you have over there. :) But its  a good idea, thankies!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.