Help please! Mesh Rigged Skirt

mkfrea12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been having this problem for a while I have watched YouTube videos and none have really worked I'm using a Mesh Dev kit for maitreya Honestly any body kit and the Skirt in the middle where the legs are it seems to look very weird when walking and such like if its splitting and same thing going on in the Breast area when people Shape to have bigger Breast it splits in the middle and ruins the top as well If someone can please help me on my creations I will really appreciate it. hoping to release really good stuff for all of you soon

Edited by mkfrea12

if it's of any help this top & skirt is on the Maitreya dev kit, shown using body fat slider at 50 and breast slider to 100

89f5d4f63942a66a96387a3df5a29d3b.png

c142e016093448110c8d9c00f185aa74.png

if you're using the official maitreya dev kit then there is a skirt included in the blend file that you can use for weight copy at the time of binding (this is using blender & avastar, for other programmes you would need to do the equivalent process)

Edited by HunniHope

If your dev kit is official maitreya and issued to you after dec 2016 (it changed sometime between dec '15 & dec '16) then there should be a skirt in the blend file, along with the loose body & body masters, feet & hands. If you don't have those extras or your kit is older than dec 2016 then contact the CSR inworld for an updated kit. it's also possible you may have deleted the skirt and saved the blend file thereby eliminating that skirt, so download and unzip a fresh copy from your original email to check.

You copy weights at the time of binding by choosing the appropriate option from the drop-down. For dev kits which provide the weighted body and parts you choose meshes as the option before you bind. More detailed instructions at https://avastar.guru/avastar-2/reference/attachments/binding-meshes/. There's a whole section in the nav menu on the right for "Skinning & Weighting" which is broken down for different stages, from binding, to inspecting & editing weights

Edited by HunniHope
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Skirts are a bit difficult to rig, you just have to be really patient, paint, smooth, paint smooth and try different poses. You also have to accept that you're really rigging a pair of pants that pretend to be a skirt, in the end and there is only so much you can actually do.

blender_2019-01-15_08-27-42.thumb.png.83b56e97c75cebd5c779a2ffeaa849b8.png

Here is an example of mine with the upper/lower leg bones active. It's not perfect but it should give you an idea.

blender_2019-01-15_08-34-07.png.80b05b474d976c1efe623f0d3b74071c.png

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.