JermaniSteele

Looking for [serious] Sugar Daddy relationship

5 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Perhaps the litmus test is in how it goes if your sugar parent suddenly loses all their money (which happened to a lot of people in the last recession) or your sugar baby suddenly experiences a trauma or something that makes them more demanding company. I am not judging these relationships in any way, just musing that if they really are based solely on money/obliging company, then it really is a business transaction. If they care about each other enough to stick around when the parent goes bust or the baby needs difficult emotional support, then I'd say it's a proper relationship and the money is more a demonstration/roleplay in the same sense as a BDSM scene.

I read your whole post and he did seem like he had a sugar daddy-esque thing about him. 

As for this statement, I feel like the relationship should stand after those situations occur. That man/woman is there for you through thick and thin. Just because he isn't able to  provide should not end the relationship. You adapt and work together on it. There were plenty of times when my past sugar daddy was unable to give me my weekly amount. It made the rp even better. That's where the connection comes in...a trust level is built and should withstand things like this.

Long story short: It's not a business transaction for me, at least.

16 hours ago, JermaniSteele said:

I read your whole post and he did seem like he had a sugar daddy-esque thing about him. 

As for this statement, I feel like the relationship should stand after those situations occur. That man/woman is there for you through thick and thin. Just because he isn't able to  provide should not end the relationship. You adapt and work together on it. There were plenty of times when my past sugar daddy was unable to give me my weekly amount. It made the rp even better. That's where the connection comes in...a trust level is built and should withstand things like this.

Long story short: It's not a business transaction for me, at least.

Sorry, it was much too long. I was too tired and brain dumpy to cut it down. 

I had really never thought of that experience as a sugar daddy relationship. Never crossed my mind. It wasn't something I'd sought; my character had been captured and sold by slavers, which was how I entered his possession. 

I guess these relationships are like any other BDSM type dynamic. They can be used to mask a relationship that is actually abusive or exploitative, but if done correctly, they can be fulfilling and caring.

• Like 1