Jump to content

How to rid of this little box on my Ana LAQ head?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

If you take your HEAD off -- is the little box gone also or is it still there?  That is a good first step test :D.   If it disappears when you take JUST your head off, then there is likely a problem with the head. If it is a NEW release, then the head itself may be at fault.   But if the little box is still there when you take (again only) the head off, then you are wearing it somehow. Look in your WORN tab and see what it might be.  Good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arabella Destiny said:

I looked and I have no LAQ HUD attached :(

 

 It must be a HUD.

Look at all the "worn" or "wearing" items with a box icon.  Do not think it has to be named Laq. It can be Master Hud, Control Hud, Main Hud, tinting Hud. Or not named Hud at all. Do you see box icons you do not understand what is? You know what type clothes you wear, what hair, AO and so on. If it is an unknown box icon, try to remove it.

You can try a relog. Some times items appear to be worn even after you removed them. A relog is often enough to clear it up.

Worn.jpg&key=a6eff6d09a37fadabca554c1191

I never use the default LL viewer. The window over is Firestorm.

If you use the default LL viewer, right-click your avatar and select Edit my outfit. The Appearance window opens. Click on Attachments to see all attachments, try to find unknown items and detach them.

 

Edited by Marianne Little
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a little white box inside my LAQ Neve head. When I tried to change the attachment point of my head to hind foot or something similar, that box was following me! I was able to move it but couldn't get it hidden while walking, so I got a redelivery and went back to the original attachment point. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

 It must be a HUD.

Look at all the "worn" or "wearing" items with a box icon.  Do not think it has to be named Laq. It can be Master Hud, Control Hud, Main Hud, tinting Hud. Or not named Hud at all. Do you see box icons you do not understand what is? You know what type clothes you wear, what hair, AO and so on. If it is an unknown box icon, try to remove it.

You can try a relog. Some times items appear to be worn even after you removed them. A relog is often enough to clear it up.

Worn.jpg&key=a6eff6d09a37fadabca554c1191

 

 

I see nothing that could have that box I am wearing. When I take the head off the box disappears

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If you take your HEAD off -- is the little box gone also or is it still there?  That is a good first step test :D.   If it disappears when you take JUST your head off, then there is likely a problem with the head. If it is a NEW release, then the head itself may be at fault.   But if the little box is still there when you take (again only) the head off, then you are wearing it somehow. Look in your WORN tab and see what it might be.  Good luck. 

Yes it disappears when I take the head off. Will try and get redelivery. Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arabella Destiny said:

Yes it disappears when I take the head off. Will try and get redelivery. Thank you

See the comment from Griss and don't try to "fiddle" with the new redelivery head. Rigged items cannot be changed.  It was actually my FIRST guess that the little box was the anchor point in your head, but the hud thing did seem more likely. 

Good luck.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Griss Alexandre said:

There is a little white box inside my LAQ Neve head. When I tried to change the attachment point of my head to hind foot or something similar, that box was following me! I was able to move it but couldn't get it hidden while walking, so I got a redelivery and went back to the original attachment point. 

This is the reason you see the box outside of the head. You moved the attachment spot. The root prim is what you are seeing. Before you moved the attachment spot the root prim was most likely centered inside your skull, but when you moved it the root prim because it's not rigged to the skeleton actually moves to another location. The head stays put because it is rigged to the skeleton. The solution is to not change the attachment spot. If you have a conflict move the other item and not the head.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So...

Many mesh makers hide a bunch of junk inside your body.

- Things like a logo, or parts of the config you aren't using, and so on.

If you attach a rigged or fitmesh object to a different attachment point than the maker did, sometimes that inside hidden stuff appears outside of you - because you've just altered the coordinates. If you then take it off and put it back on to the right attachment point that the maker had used... the inside stuff has already had it's coordinated reset and now might appear somewhere unexpected... Usually 0,0,0 - which is usually also inside you... but it can be elsewhere if the attachment point is something like 'right hand'...

You can fix this on any rigged or fitmesh item by just going into edit and dragging things to move that piece inside your body... the rigged stuff, like your head, won't move because it's rigged. But that weird inside prim is usually not rigged and can be dragged around...

No need for a redelivery...

 

PS: it is a good idea to go through all of your regular attachments and make sure they are all attached to different points. So many lazy designers leave things on 'right hand' and this causes all kinds of issues. But once you move things to better spots - little boxes like this can appear around you... and you have to now drag them back inside. The best place inside is to drag them to the same spot as the rigged item - so the boxes you saw, drag them to inside your head. That way they won't pop out during animations.

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...