Shape missing form database

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good day!

Why is it that from time to time I log in to a "missing from database" issue with the shape I'm currently wearing? I always have to start over or find the closer shape I previously saved in order to get my current one up and running again. It does happen more often than I'd like it to. I finally learned the hard way to make a back up copy but who knows if the next time this happens to me I'll end up losing the back up too?

Is there a solution for it?

2 answers to this question

Whenever you ask a tech question we need to know at a minimum which viewer you are using. Ideally, you copy and paste the HELP->ABOUT... info into your post. Otherwise, we assume Windows and the latest Linden Viewer.

Inventory loss is almost always a viewer side problem. On rare, very rare, occasions it happens server side.

Troubleshooting steps have been devised over years. Start with a second viewer. This tells us/you whether it is an us or them thing, local or server. The Linden Viewer is the troubleshooting viewer of choice as it is the only one the Lab's support people will support. Firestorm is the alternate viewer of something near 75% of SL users and they have a support team on an in-world group. 

Try a second viewer and see if it presents the same error. If it does, look at your viewer stats (Ctrl-Shift-1 it is a toggle). Look for packet loss. Less than 1% is way livable. 1 and 2% is often annoying and >2% needs a fix and would likely be your problem.

If those are good let us know and we'll dig deeper.

the "failed to find [item] in database" message isn't viewer side, fixes are touch-n-go, you might get lucky, you might not. Firestorm have prepped a useful page to help troubleshoot through a few possible causes and should be useful regardless of which viewer you are using. If in doubt, or it happens again, or repeatedly, file a support ticket to LL

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/failed_to_find_in_database

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.