Please help me debug Login error

GuyJee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys.

It has been a few days since I am having a hard time login into Second Life.

The first occurrence was noted on Firestorm. Login fails at "Waiting region handshake". Also tried with SL official viewer, same problem. I can only login very rarely, like almost always 1/30 tries and mostly right after Windows boot.

I have tried with a laptop and same thing as on my pc. So I guessed it was a network issue. Started by unplugging the modem and waiting for a few minutes. Same thing.

So i tried modifying my ISP modem firewall settings. No ports are being blocked. Also deactivated all packet filtering options, literally having a totally open connection but did not work.

At this point I don't know what else could be happening.

I have dumped the login attempt logs here: https://pastebin.com/X2JC5NTc

Can you guys see something I don't? Ping to the grid server shows no packet loss.

Thanks in advanced.

ping.JPG

Edited by GuyJee

Found the issue. Made a route trace to destiny and found some problems in between. The request is taking too long to reach the server and the viewer is timing out.

It is a backbone problem between my pc and the grid server. Found a workaround using a vpn so I am traversing the internet from somewhere else.

It's slow but it works.

Edited by GuyJee

I have the same problem since 25th. I could login my alts on Singularity and SL viewer on both main grid and Beta, but not my primary account. Yesterday, I've managed to login somehow to my premium land, but not at home land. Today again I am not able to login my primary account anywhere, while alt can login with no problem at all.

As I can login alts, I very much doubt that problem is on my side.

Also, I am not getting any mails from marketplace sales, and from time to time web page looks awkward.

Ah, and new symptom ... Login screen does not load I'm getting message " Sorry, data could not be retrieved.Try Again? "

Edited by RohanaRaven Zerbino

7 hours ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

I have the same problem since 25th. I could login my alts on Singularity and SL viewer on both main grid and Beta, but not my primary account. Yesterday, I've managed to login somehow to my premium land, but not at home land. Today again I am not able to login my primary account anywhere, while alt can login with no problem at all.

As I can login alts, I very much doubt that problem is on my side.

Also, I am not getting any mails from marketplace sales, and from time to time web page looks awkward.

Ah, and new symptom ... Login screen does not load I'm getting message " Sorry, data could not be retrieved.Try Again? "

I'm not familiar with that specific message, but usually if the problem is specific to one account it is due to a 'flat inventory' -- an inventory with too many items at a single level, not enough sub-folders/sub-sub-folders.  LL does have a tool that can fix that problem.  You can open a support ticket and tell them that only one account has a login issue and someone suggested it may be a flat inventory issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GuyJee said:

Found the issue. Made a route trace to destiny and found some problems in between. The request is taking too long to reach the server and the viewer is timing out.

It is a backbone problem between my pc and the grid server. Found a workaround using a vpn so I am traversing the internet from somewhere else.

It's slow but it works.

You could also try using a public DNS like Google or such. It might use a different routing and be quicker than VPN.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.