Sign in to follow this  
SekaiXO

How to exporting mesh blender for second life?

I'm new to create mesh in blender and I'm trying to export a clock for second life but have an error of "missing required level of detail". What do I do? I'm new, so I don't know work in the world of creations still.

Snapshot1_008.png.721ddd35b0a7f84ced7b5f6cb8678461.png

Snapshot1_001.thumb.png.d6299648674c3574a16b9a9a242acbb0.png

Could be a variety of things but I can tell from your screenshot that the watch wasn't made as a game asset but for a RENDER (photo).  There are THREE MILLION TRIANGLES --- WAY too heavy for Second Life. If you want to learn how to make your own mesh, I have tutorials made just for Second Life and opensim on YouTube and SLArtist. Very easy to find.  

Most things that you download from free mesh sites will not work well in SL even if you can get them uploaded.  Just so you know.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Could be a variety of things but I can tell from your screenshot that the watch wasn't made as a game asset but for a RENDER (photo).

That's the explanation in this case. The uploader isn't able to handle a mesh of this complexity at all, so as far as it is concerned, it is missing.

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There are THREE MILLION TRIANGLES --- WAY too heavy for Second Life.

To put that into perspecive, if the entire scene - every single item and every single avatar within a 128 m radius - adds up to more than one million triangles, you're really pushing it.

• Thanks 1