Adult Content

DigitalBrave3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DigitalBrave3 said:

I tried that already. It's greyed out on my viewer and won't let me change it.

If you've already tried setting the maturity level and couldn't because it was grayed out, and it's been a couple of days since you turned 18, you may have to contact support to help you.  Sometimes there appears to be a glitch.  

For future reference, there are 3 places where maturity level will need to be set: marketplace, preferences, in-world search. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DigitalBrave3 said:

I have been able to change it in the marketplace, but preferences and world search do not work. I also can't find a single way to contact support.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Theres a link on the dashboard and one at the bottom of this page

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DigitalBrave3 said:

not sure why I had so much trouble finding where to put one in.

Because the Support location is not easy to find.  You can't do it from these Community pages.  From your dashboard, it takes a few clicks and none of them jump right out at you on the page.  I'm pretty sure that LL goes out of their way to make it hard.  If you don't have a direct link, I think it take somewhere from 4-6 clicks to get there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because the Support location is not easy to find.  You can't do it from these Community pages.  From your dashboard, it takes a few clicks and none of them jump right out at you on the page.  I'm pretty sure that LL goes out of their way to make it hard.  If you don't have a direct link, I think it take somewhere from 4-6 clicks to get there.

I seem to remember that it was difficult when this version of the Community pages were first introduced.  There are now links to the Support area in at least 2 areas. 

On each of the main forum pages:

036416cabf4d62c1a269988bdd7db8f4.png

and in the page footers, in the "Connect With Us" column:

02e54e8f5e2eb2fd4791c3cd73f718ac.png

You probably do need to click on additional links once you get to the main support page from the above links, but at least it gets you into the correct area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I seem to remember that it was difficult when this version of the Community pages were first introduced.  There are now links to the Support area in at least 2 areas. 

On each of the main forum pages:

and in the page footers, in the "Connect With Us" column:

You probably do need to click on additional links once you get to the main support page from the above links, but at least it gets you into the correct area.

I forgot that they added that 'Create a Support Ticket' link here on the forum pages.  I'm almost never on a category page - pretty much only on my Notifications page and then individual threads.

Yeah, it is still a few clicks from the Support link.  The thing that really gets me is this page (https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support) and the link you need to click.  Notice the size of fonts for the various headings versus the actual text -- and notice the light blue coloring for the link, which actually is a bit hard to read against a white background.

image.thumb.png.5ad0465bcb772a3af0427c4ee40078ea.png

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The thing that really gets me is this page (https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support) and the link you need to click.  Notice the size of fonts for the various headings versus the actual text -- and notice the light blue coloring for the link, which actually is a bit hard to read against a white background.

You do have a point about that. 

48 minutes ago, DigitalBrave3 said:

I haven't gotten anything back from support yet. Not sure how long it'll take them to get to me.

My guess is that they are running a skeleton crew this week.  Lots of people take this entire week off for the holiday.  If they have minimal staff working then likely they'll process tickets in the order by which they deem them to be the most critical.  Not being able to get to the adult content, but still able to log in, may not be very high on the 'critical issue' list.

• Like 2

Well, darn. Either

1. More than one thing was broken.

2. Linden Lab didn't really fix the original problem

3. You broke something new (or your browser did)

In any case, open a new support case.  Refer to your first case by number so that the techs have a context, and explain what's different now, if anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DigitalBrave3 said:

Alright. I ended up sending another message, they sent me a message saying it was fixed, I checked it, and it's fixed! They did it!

Maybe the servers needed some times to update to the changed settings for your account... the LAB never lets us look at it's details, so I would not rule that one out completely - glad you got it fixed though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.