Frame rate

ZoaEroiKirei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, since I've updated my Firestorm Viewer my frame rate's been 20 below... my normal is 50-60 I was curious what made this happened.. Already did a clean install but it's still the same and cleared cache

I was wondering if these processes on my task manager supposed to be really like this? a lot of dullahan and slplugin?

Screenshot_1.png.e172d32cc10ca069b8656a9665caa417.png

if this isn't the problem? any recommended things to do? Thank you for reading

Those processes are ok.

You don't mention your PC and Video card type, copy/pasting those might help people assist you.

But commonly, have your graphics settings changed from where you normally run them? Check your draw distance and also if you have turned on shadows when you normally have them off.

Also please be aware that FPS can change depending where you are. Some places are just super-laggy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Those processes are ok.

You don't mention your PC and Video card type, copy/pasting those might help people assist you.

But commonly, have your graphics settings changed from where you normally run them? Check your draw distance and also if you have turned on shadows when you normally have them off.

Also please be aware that FPS can change depending where you are. Some places are just super-laggy.

Oh hihi forgot to mention, I have an Asus N551JK Laptop and my Video card is Nvidia Geforce GTX 850M.

I've been to little lag sims and fps still the same.. I'll check my draw distance and graphics settings :D 

Thank you for replying and the advice :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Also, it's less likely, but if you coincidentally added a visually complex attachment (HUD or otherwise) to your avatar around the same time, it could cause a sudden increase in viewer-side lag. 

I'll take note of this. Thank you for replying :) 

• Like 1

.When testing these things it is important to ensure all things remain as equal as possible. The latest Firestorm is a preview, this has a couple of implications that stem from the fact that you have both the release (5.1.7) and the preview (6.0.1)

1) If you are using the same cache location then the cache that you use will be cleared each time you swap back and forth between the release and the preview, this will cause you to be slower until the cache is regenerated.

2) If the two versions have a different cache then make sure that you have whitelisted the preview cache location and any other files with your AV software, this stops it continually hammering your cache folder to scan files while they are being stored for cache.

As other's have noted, double check all your settings, and the performance depends on what it is you are looking at of course, so to do a reliable test find a stable place (this is harder than it sounds) and make sure that you have the same windows open/closed in the viewer (inventory/chat etc all have an impact on fps), make sure that your outfit is identical, including HUDs.For comparing pre-animesh viewer and animesh viewers make sure that there is no animesh in the scene so that both viewers are doing an equivalent job.

Test with both viewers, one after the other, giving each time to re-cache and stabilise if necessary.

With all the above confirmed the same, I'd be interested in the results. I cannot promise to help resolve it but your experience is contrary to what (in general) I expect from the v6 release compared to the v5, so my curiosity is aroused.

Regards

Beq

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.