Jump to content

I need a suggestion please


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello all and Happy Hollidays.

One of my SL friend tell me today he want to open a sim with gladiator arena and some army fields. So i need  to update my old avatar, but i dont know  what mesh body to use, what mesh head, so i need some sugestion and some help.  The avatar must look like a gladiator but also like as a trained soldier. my budget is a bit limited.Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. 

thank you verry much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catalinBR said:

The avatar must look like a gladiator but also like as a trained soldier.

Kind of a contradiction in terms really...

Roman soldiers tended to be lean, forced marches, poor rations, low wages etc.

Roman Gladiators tended, by modern standards, to be slightly fat...

Their diet was deliberately chosen to produce a generous layer of body fat over their muscles, as this was thought to slow bleeding from minor wounds and thus prolong the "entertainment" of the gladiatorial match...



 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Kind of a contradiction in terms really...

Roman soldiers tended to be lean, forced marches, poor rations, low wages etc.

Roman Gladiators tended, by modern standards, to be slightly fat...

Their diet was deliberately chosen to produce a generous layer of body fat over their muscles, as this was thought to slow bleeding from minor wounds and thus prolong the "entertainment" of the gladiatorial match...



 

verry true what you write here... but i think in this case we use only muscle:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want muscular, look at the Signature Gianni body. If you want REALLY muscular, look at the Aesthetic by Niramyth.

Choice of head is just personal preference; all heads will work with the Gianni body though not all work with Aesthetic, since the neck is a different fit. Try demos and check them for fit before you buy.

However, your choice of skin has a bigger effect on body appearance than the underlying mesh does.And not all skins work with all bodies and heads. So I would be inclined to search for your favourite skin first, then find a mesh body and head that it will work with.  Birth and Labyrinth might be your best bet for a rugged warrior type. Again, get demos first and try them with your demo bodies and heads before buying.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, catalinBR said:

Hello all and Happy Hollidays.

One of my SL friend tell me today he want to open a sim with gladiator arena and some army fields. So i need  to update my old avatar, but i dont know  what mesh body to use, what mesh head, so i need some sugestion and some help.  The avatar must look like a gladiator but also like as a trained soldier. my budget is a bit limited.Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. 

thank you verry much.

What does a bit limited budget mean? No use to suggest items that's too expensive. We had people asking for full mesh avatars, hair, clothes, body and head with just 1000 L to spend in total.

Do you need everything, even hair? What about armor and weapons system? You will be fighting in the arena? What is your friend going to use in the arena, is he providing weapons?

Edited by Marianne Little
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

What does a bit limited budget mean? No use to suggest items that's too expensive. We had people asking for full mesh avatars, hair, clothes, body and head with just 1000 L to spend in total.

Do you need everything, even hair? What about armor and weapons system? You will be fighting in the arena? What is your friend going to use in the arena, is he providing weapons?

Yes i need everything i want to change all if i start change because the old one  is not meshed .. so yes i need all hair tattoo mesh body, mesh head. Buged is around

 4500-5000 L$.

about the land i dont  know yet all detalis but i think he will provide everything we need..

Edited by catalinBR
Link to post
Share on other sites

Niramyth Enzo or Smith avatar, includes head, 2799 L. Try demo first. There are other bodies and heads, but this is the best price for a full, very strong avatar.

But you will look just like any other avatar with it. You can add another face, like the ones from Nivaro. That is 950 L more. Try demo first.

Use Aesthetic as search words for tattoos on the Marketplace. That should give you an idea.

You can find ordinary mesh hair that works for the Aesthetic head, but then it must be unrigged. Caligula sells Aesthetic hair.

Full gladiator outfit like PFC - Glory, 750 L. Can be possible to find cheaper parts, but then you often find low quality. Check that all pieces shown is included if you buy cheap sets.

You will need an AO for your Bento Hands. Voir, TuTys, Oracul,Sinse or Vista. Price from 399 (Voir) and up to several thousand. Try demos in the stores.

Try demos first, always. Make sure you understand how the mesh avatar works. Read instructions. Join the group, there is always a group joiner in the stores. You can probably get answers faster there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

People who fight in SL generally don't use a mesh body or mesh clothes while fighting The idea is to lower your scripts as much as possible (aside from your fighting HUD) so you can move as quickly as possible. While you're not fighting, you can dress up for RP, but while fighting, leaner is better.

There's no need to not use a mesh body/head to lower script count. It's a simple matter to delete scripts from a copy of the body/head once you have everything set up the way you like it. I attended a 0 scripts allowed event wearing my mesh body and head and mesh clothing. You just have to use the delete scripts button on a copy of the parts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...