IvyAmos

Firestorm Inventory Question!!!

Question

The majority of my inventory is missing in the firestorm viewer; everything is completely in tact on the SL basic viewer.

Im unable to properly clear the inventory cache, so would it be a risk to simply reinstall Firestorm? The FS help page says that reinstalling it is the more ‘drastic step’ and I want to know if I am risking corrupting something. It also says clearing the ‘main cache’ is risky.... 

Please help, was looking forward to Christmas pictures and art. :( 

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, IvyAmos said:

The majority of my inventory is missing in the firestorm viewer; everything is completely in tact on the SL basic viewer.

Im unable to properly clear the inventory cache, so would it be a risk to simply reinstall Firestorm? The FS help page says that reinstalling it is the more ‘drastic step’ and I want to know if I am risking corrupting something. It also says clearing the ‘main cache’ is risky.... 

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

See chic's full reply.  I answered too fast as the oven beeped for turkey basting :/ 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
Not enough content
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IvyAmos said:

Cindy gave you the link you need just no explanation.   Down toward the bottom of the suggestions on that page there is one that talks about a corrupted file. From your description of the problem --- that's the one to follow.  I had the same thing happen to my alt last year.  Very easy fix happily. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Cindy gave you the link you need just no explanation.   Down toward the bottom of the suggestions on that page there is one that talks about a corrupted file. From your description of the problem --- that's the one to follow.  I had the same thing happen to my alt last year.  Very easy fix happily. 

GIRL, you just saved my Christmas thank you so much. Couldn’t figure out the file deleting and .gz stuff that’s the usual solution I kept reading. I really appreciate your help! 

I hope you get SO MUCH STUFF for Christmas. 

• Like 1