Can’t wear clothes

Mranda755

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I bought a mesh avatar, it’s really cool but  I can’t dress it up. For example if my avatar has a skirt on and then I try to put on a shirt, the skirt will disappear and the shirt will remain. Please help me xD

Edited by Mranda755

Just now, Mranda755 said:

Hi, I bought a mesh avatar, it’s really cool but  I can’t dress it up. For example if my avatar has a skirt on and then I try to put on a shirt, the skirt will disappear and the shirt will remain. Please help me xD

Hi Mranda,

I'm not sure how many people are likely to be on the forums over the next couple of days, but, on the off chance that no one who actually knows what they're talking about pops up, I'll do my best!

Can you tell us what kinds of clothes? Are they mesh, prim, sculptie, or system?

It sounds to me as though the problem may be that you are clicking on "Wear" rather than on "Add." If both pieces are made for the same attachment point (which, if they are mesh, is I think likely), then clicking on "Wear" will replace one with the other. But if you choose "Add," you can have more than one piece on the same attachment point.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mranda755 said:

They’re mesh and i pressed “add” and it worked. Thank you so much 😊 

That's great! I don't know why LL even keeps "Wear" as a separate menu choice anymore, to be honest: "Add" is really always the correct choice these days.

(And yay! I was actually able to help someone! Go me! 😊)

• Like 6

Just as an addition to this advice, many clothing (and other rigged mesh item makers) are lazy. EVERYTHING seems to be imported to attach to the right hand.

Before you put it on, right click and choose 'attach to' to attach it somewhere else. For instance, Tops and dresses, I attach to the left pec. Jackets, to the right pec. Pants and panties to the left hip. Then i can just double click the item in my inventory to wear it without detaching something else.

There is a limit to how many items will attach to one spot, so mixing it up like I suggest will help prevent future wardrobe malfunctions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.