Just now, SteffiiSugabum said:

Nice assumption of me being vanilla. Lol. I'm not actually. However I have limits. I personally believe everyone should have limits just for their own safety. We don't know "anything" we can make assumptions though, yes.

If you can't take another point of view, that's fine. However, you're not gonna change my mind on this one.

p.s I actually love latex lol...

I didn't assume you were vanilla...

Look it goes like this...

You: I demand LL do something about rape sims! I represent an unseen slent majority, no really, I do... *stamps foot*

Clueless Linden: Thank you for raising this matter to our attention, we shall take it under consideration...

*6 months later*

Clueless Linden: "attention SecondLifers, today in accordance with US Laws regarding rape, we are changing the ToS to outlaw the wearing of scripted spanker attachments, scripted D/s collars, and any clothing item using materials with a specular tightness of over 75, and an env of over 5, as kinky fetish wear promotes Rape!

In addition, henceforth all female avatars are required to wear 1 woman personal head tents, so the sight of their bare faces doesn't drive male avatars to commit digital imitations of RL illegal activities.

Further more since the LGBT community has strong links with the BDSM community, being openly LGBT in SL is now forbidden!

Thank you..."

You: "OMFG!"

Me: "Told you so... But you wouldn't Leave Well Alone"

Knucklethug McBastard: "Can I still use my 18 inch long 3500 L$ scripted boy dangle to cure dumb lezzas what dunt like mens over at Hard Alley RP?"

Clueless Linden: "But of course Mr. McBastard, we welcome your continued participation in SL's exciting RP community, and value the 5% sales tax on your 6 monthly 3500 L$ scripted boy dangle upgrades!"

You don't have to be a clueless vanilla for it all to go wrong, just the people who you demand "action" from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry but no lol, we're talking about rape RP/Simulation. You're making it about BDSM. Never once mentioned BDSM. 

I'm not gonna ever leave well alone, well I leave well alone by refusing to participate like, but I will never 100% leave well alone because of someone else's concern, before anything has even happened yet. 

I'm never going to say, oh well... I'm just gonna try avoid that there are date rape drugs on Marketplace. There's people not seeing a problem with rape simulation in SL. Just because you're telling me to do so. I feel the way I feel, if you don't like that that's on you. I haven't asked for your opinion. So please stop trying to convince me because it will not work. Your not and will not be in control/manipulate me into thinking the same way you think. I'm not trying to change your mind, so don't try to change mine, thank ya!

P.s lol not demanding anything, suggesting its revised. 

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Off topic, also how can you even compare the two... (not a literal question by the way just a reconsideration request).

Did pay any attention at all to fact that I had quoted something. My comment refers to that quote. It is a perfectly reasonable response to the comment I quoted. Nothing about what I said implies I was making the comparison you accuse me of making. You need to pay better attention.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

wish.duckduckgo_com.jpg.32b027781974519e63cd4f388e7f2cab.jpg

Don't put it past the Lab to decide "Let's just make SL 100% G rated".

I don't really care if they do, its their business lol. If it was gonna get these things out of SL it wouldn't bother me I'd rather go G then Abuse Simulators. There are things I can live without in SL for it to be a more positive place.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't really care if they do, its their business lol. If it was gonna get these things out of SL it wouldn't bother me I'd rather go G then Abuse Simulators. There are things I can live without in SL for it to be a more positive place.  

What do you think concurrency will be if all Adult things are banned and SL becomes like Sansar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

What do you think concurrency will be if all Adult things are banned and SL becomes like Sansar.

I don't know lol. Butt, I know SL over all is loaded lol platforms like this always are. I'm just saying though its something I'd be able to live without. If others don't like it then yeah they have to consider that this is their business, their terms. Not everything can/has to be about pleasing someone else. I think, aslong as its not causing anyone any harm, it doesn't matter. Theres a lot more to not just SL, but life in general, then adult orientated matters.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Sorry but no lol, we're talking about rape RP/Simulation. You're making it about BDSM. Never once mentioned BDSM.

YOU didn't have to, empirical evidence shows that the "Clueless Vanilla authorities" you are demanding action from will make that connection ALL BY THEM SELVES.

11 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

because of someone else's concern, before anything has even happened yet.

Yeah... there's an old quote from an Admiral that relates to this...

"Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes"

12 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I haven't asked for your opinion

No, you didn't, your sort never do ask other peoples opinions...

You have an assumed "Moral High Ground", a "Higher Purpose" and you are going to cure all wrongs, regardless of smarter people telling you how dangerous what you are doing is for everyone else.

However, this is a public forum, so you are getting opinions regardless, the fact tyhat you complain about other people giving a CONSIDERED opinion proves that you are the one who...

41 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

can't take another point of view

15 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Your not and will not be in control/manipulate me into thinking the same way you think. I'm not trying to change your mind, so don't try to change mine, thank ya!

Then get off the forum and stay off, because that's what we do here, we state our opinions and try to change each others minds. Especially when we reply to people who are so obviously bloody wrong, and so obviously bloody blind to the potential consequences of their ill-advised actions.

If you want no opinion but your own, start a bloody blogsite and disable visitor comments.

This conversation is over.

Goodday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Not everything can/has to be about pleasing someone else. I think, aslong as its not causing anyone any harm, it doesn't matter.

So, if not everything can be pleasing everyone.... should the lab accede to the wishes of a vocal minority who want to see forced roleplay ended. Or should the people offended just Ctrl-Alt-H and return to their safe place?

After all, those who enjoy roleplay of forced situations are only doing it with open eyes and fully consenting partners. Nobody is really forced.

And on top of this being consensual play, you are also not locked in the region if you accidentally stumble onto it.

So, doesn't this mean, what they do doesn't matter?

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol er no. I've not told you, you can't have your opinion. I've just stated you're not gonna change mine. Your the one who replied to me, that keeps replying to me even though I've said this is how I feel, you're not changing that. Don't turn this around on me when I've not said anything in the slightest that means I'm saying you can't have your view, as I haven't. 

3 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

YOU didn't have to, empirical evidence shows that the "Clueless Vanilla authorities" you are demanding action from will make that connection ALL BY THEM SELVES.

Yeah... there's an old quote from an Admiral that relates to this...

"Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes"

No, you didn't, your sort never do ask other peoples opinions...

You have an assumed "Moral High Ground", a "Higher Purpose" and you are going to cure all wrongs, regardless of smarter people telling you how dangerous what you are doing is for everyone else.

However, this is a public forum, so you are getting opinions regardless, the fact tyhat you complain about other people giving a CONSIDERED opinion proves that you are the one who...

Then get off the forum and stay off, because that's what we do here, we state our opinions and try to change each others minds. Especially when we reply to people who are so obviously bloody wrong, and so obviously bloody blind to the potential consequences of their ill-advised actions.

If you want no opinion but your own, start a bloody blogsite and disable visitor comments.

This conversation is over.

Goodday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

So, if not everything can be pleasing everyone.... should the lab accede to the wishes of a vocal minority who want to see forced roleplay ended. Or should they just Ctrl-Alt-H and return to their safe place?

After all, those who enjoy roleplay of forced situations are only doing it with open eyes and fully consenting partners. Nobody is really forced.

And on top of this being consensual play, you are also not locked in the region if you accidentally stumble onto it.

So, doesn't this mean, what they do doesn't matter?

I was answering to your last question of what I thought about LL maybe making SL G rated. So I gave you that? Lol. 

I've not said also there aren't possible ways to avoid and I have already said that I myself avoid it. I'm also saying though, that I don't see that its ok as it is now because its just way too easy to find at this time. Not just in-world but on Marketplace aswell. All I'm saying is a suggestion that I hope LL may review this matter for themselves.

Notices that shes suddenly become a comedian with the same person reacting with a laugh emoji to all her comments. Least I made you smile? Lol.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was answering to your last question of what I thought about LL maybe making SL G rated. So I gave you that? Lol. 

I've not said also there aren't possible ways to avoid and I have already said that I myself avoid it. I'm also saying though, that I don't see that its ok as it is now because its just way too easy to find at this time. Not just in-world but on Marketplace aswell. All I'm saying is a suggestion that I hope LL may review this matter for themselves.

And we can hope LL will leave this consensual adult activity just as it is now.

• Like 2

In all my years in SL, I have never stumbled upon an actual rape scene taking place.  I have stumbled into sims where such RP exists, but the "action" was always behind closed doors or in an alley - not just right there at the landing points.  Just knowing that those actions take place is not enough to freak me out and I never had any problems avoiding the actual scenes themselves.  One of the things that I learned while going through my healing was  how to keep myself safe - not to rely on anyone else to do that for me.  If there is some aspect of SL that offends me or repulses me, then I go out of my way to avoid it.  I am not going to advocate that it is someone else's job to keep me safe.  

If I ever end up feeling like I really cannot control my environment here or am otherwise afraid that I might be traumatized all over again, the it is MY job to leave this place.  It is not the job of LL or anyone else to protect me from my own responses to things.

• Like 5

This is what I never understand about these types of conversations when you them in context with the rest of the real world outside of the virtual spectrum...

In the UK at the minute we have a growing issue with ***** trafficking gangs who are sexually enslaving children on a frequently regular basis with authorities appearing to do very little to nothing about it at the best of times with the OCCASIONAL prosecution when they feel like they need to be seen to be doing something in the eyes of the public. Just across the water in Europe the problem is supposedly even worse with children, women and men being kidnapped, raped, murdered, enslaved, assaulted, sold, re sold and apparently passed around like a sexual peace pipe. In Italy it is no longer safe for women to walk out alone for fear of rapes, muggings, murders etc etc with some areas being off limits entirely. It wasn't all but a few months back that one woman turned up inside of a suitcase all chopped to bits. The same is happening in France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Austria to name but a few. Further south in large portions of Africa you have lesbian women being "correctively raped", trans women being murdered, other women STILL being hunted down as witches and burned to death inside of several car tyres, domestic violence, mutilation etc etc. Go a bit further east and you have a large collection of countries where the subjugation of women is a standard every day practice where enslavement, rape, honour killings and crap knows what else are the accepted standard. With domestic violence being a laughed at common occurrence and women rights are literally 0 to -42.  Etc etc and so on and so forth. I'm not sure whats happening across the pond in America but im sure if you look hard enough you could easily find some kind of issue that could do with being taken care off.

And yet.....

You are on this forum complaining about the act performed by two consenting adults in an adult virtual role-play environment. I get why you don't like it, I really really do. Rape is a horrific thing that I would never wish upon anyone. But, there is a huge huge huge difference between two consenting adults roleplaying out a scenario in a safe environment where they can cancel out at any point and are never in any actual physical danger, for the purposes of nothing other than kink. Than actual rape in which there is no close button, there is no mute option, there is no block, ban, and you cant report until after the incident has taken place and thats if your lucky enough to survive it in the first place. Whilst I don't go anywhere near rape sims in SL and think that they are filled with...as Klytyna put it....."knuckle dragging"....bottom feeders. We can't suddenly start taking action against people for what are basically thought crimes because once you go down that road......well thats when the s*** really does hit the fan. Most of those engaging in that role-play may have a fantasy but I doubt very much they would enjoy ACTUAL rape. Its a fantasy. If you don't like it...don't go there....I don't....I stay well away from those types of places. Do the same.

If you feel that strongly about these subjects then my suggestion would be to get off your ass and log out of Second Life and go out into the world and tackle the REAL issues that need addressing. Go campaign for better womens rights in Africa, whilst your there throw in some support for the much hated LGBT crowd. Go to Russia and campaign so that lesbians are not correctively raped and homosexual men are not lured out to remote locations to be abused, beaten and forced to sodomise themselves with broken bottles. Go to the middle and east and campaign for much needed basic womens rights.

When you put the events inside of SL in comparison with the events of the real world.....SL is a playground with everyone running around poking each other with blades of grass and tying each other up for fun on the jungle gym.

Rant over! xDD

• Like 4

I understand what you are saying and I'm not saying I totally disagree. Just because it's worse in RL, doesn't mean it doesn't matter that its being promoted/depicted in SL. There are cases where in situations such as gaming, films etc aswell where it comes up as being "influenced" to do so in RL aswell. I'm not saying that's not an excuse cause I think it is to be honest when it comes down to it. I think its about someones character/control that makes people do these things. But yeah, SL has an excuse for people and that's something I'm really not comfortable with.

Please don't assume what I am or aren't doing in RL either. I've not mentioned what I do in RL so don't use your assumptions against me. Ask me. I have, and still plan to help support other people who have been through it, along with awareness to prevent it aswell.

Not only is it a concern though that with it being in SL as a Roleplay it can be used as an excuse, I also personally among many don't want to see this negative RP. Like I've already said, I and many you wont even realise about have been through it in RL. Someone making out its all ok... it's obviously gonna effect us. For me personally, I'm effected because of two experiences I have had in my RL past. Not going into details either with this, but I also have friends and family who have had RL experience with the trauma aswell. 

For me and many, and I'm not gonna force myself to filter myself either for this I didn't ask to feel this way nor can I help it. However, when its catching me off guard when I'm not trying to look for anything of the sort related via Marketplace or In-world, its a big issue. Do I want the triggers? No, do I wanna feel like someone wouldn't even have any care that I and many have been through abuse like that? No. Do I even want the potential of someone throwing in my face (which has happened), randomly and when I say I don't agree and that I've been through it in RL as to in part of why I don't agree to be mocked/laughed about? No. 

Just try to remember one thing atleast, it's called Rape, for a reason. If it was just consensual sex. It'd be called that. Rapes not about pleasure in reality. It's about control/power over someone. It's an inhuman act against someone. 

So do "I think" this is just an acceptable Roleplay? No. If someone was RPing another disrespectful/evil subject, such as racism, homophobia etc. would you still be saying "oh its just RP, just leave it if you don't like it". This is about setting boundaries, safety and just really being respectful. That's my view of it. You don't have to agree, but I'm not gonna back down and say I'm comfortable with what I see just as plain evil even un-compassionate RPing in SL.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Do I want the triggers?

You can't wrap the world in cotton wool to avoid your triggers.

You need to be an adult and come up with your own coping strategies.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

You can't wrap the world in cotton wool to avoid your triggers.

You need to be an adult and come up with your own coping strategies.

Clearly don't have any idea how C-PTSD/PTSD works... If I could get over my past, I simply would. It's been since 2010 for me and I have nightmares every time I sleep. Flash backs every day, all day. That's what the condition does to me and many. I manage it with medication, which is also helping me manage my depression, GAD and Agoraphobia. 

I didn't ask to be the way I am. I became the way I am because of things from my past. Things I didn't ask for. So yeah I'm just asking for a little consideration for people even attempting to give it the "its ok."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Clearly don't have any idea how C-PTSD/PTSD works

Please don't play the pity card, because this is SL and there are a lot of broken people here. Playing a pity card is a fail move, and it's a fail move because I can throw it right back at you if I desired with a history to easily trump yours. But I won't belittle you like you just tried to belittle me.

Instead:

Take my advice please, find an internal coping strategy to deal with your triggers because ultimately it's up to you to learn to deal with them. Nobody else is going to make the world safe for you, it's all in your hands. And you can do it, just as I and so many other people in SL have. Work hard at it and never give up.

But trying to take things away from other people on the mistaken belief it will the world safer for you is wasting your energy. It's wasting energy you could be using to build yourself up so you were able to deal with these triggers in a productive way.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Please don't play the pity card, because this is SL and there are a lot of broken people here. Playing a pity card is a fail move, and it's a fail move because I can throw it right back at you if I desired with a history to easily trump yours. But I won't belittle you like you just tried to belittle me.

Instead:

Take my advice please, find an internal coping strategy to deal with your triggers because ultimately it's up to you to learn to deal with them. Nobody else is going to make the world safe for you, it's all in your hands. And you can do it, just as I and so many other people in SL have. Work hard at it and never give up.

But trying to take things away from other people on the mistaken belief it will the world safer for you is wasting your energy. It's wasting energy you could be using to build yourself up so you were able to deal with these triggers in a productive way.

Why should I have to deal with the triggers from SL in the first place? Why you defending these people/places? That's what truly is baffling me. It's not just me who feels this way either as I have said many times. I'm also not playing a pitty card at all... but what you said was very ignorant and I was setting an example that IF I could just force stop my feelings, you honestly think I wouldn't? Yeah cause I don't just wanna feel at peace at all... 

I am managing my conditions/symptoms as best as I can. If anything I personally think your in denial that this is a problem, "that it isn't a problem", because its easier for you to deal with. That I can understand, that's your way of dealing with it. Doesn't work for me and others as you can see right here though. So please, stop projecting your thoughts onto me. Accept me as I am or don't that's your choice. Don't ever think I will bow down and say your right when I don't believe you are though. I'm not here to please you, nor am I here for your control/to be shut up and listen to you. I have my thoughts/feelings about this, you don't like it that's your problem. I'm not here telling anybody they can't feel a certain way, you are me though. Your not gonna change my mind. So just accept it, cause if you don't, I'll just resort to muting you. I'm not here to be bullied into your way of thinking.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

We're talking about a matter that distroys, and traumatised people for life in rl. 

My whole life was completely destroyed by what happened to me. The family I should have had was taken from me when I was 14 years old. The career I should have had was as well. Not to mention the myriads of other things I was robbed of that I was't even aware of until I got older. If you think I wasn't traumatized by being raped, you don't know what you are talking about. I'd even go so far as to think you have never really experienced what you claim you have.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

My whole life was completely destroyed by what happened to me. The family I should have had was taken from me when I was 14 years old. The career I should have had was as well. Not to mention the myriads of other things I was robbed of that I was't even aware of until I got older. If you think I wasn't traumatized by being raped, you don't know what you are talking about. I'd even go so far as to think you have never really experienced what you claim you have.

I didn't even say anything about you not being. I'm sorry for what you've been through. Don't ever accuse me of never experiencing what I have you should know for yourself that's playing on fears all survivors have. Just because you've taken personally against you what I said which wasn't directly aimed at you whats so ever... do not state I haven't experienced because I have and you have NO right to say that. Now I am gonna mute you because I don't need that negativity from you. That was beyond uncalled for. What even makes you think someone would want to state they have if they haven't baffles me.. I'm not proud of it you know... 

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

As we all are. As we all are.

Never said you wasn't however, you have just spent the last 2 comments trying to state I'm not. So that's why I said it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

you have just spent the last 2 comments trying to state I'm not.

Sorry you think that.

I was trying to give you advice that I found useful. SL can be a great healer, that's why it's full of hurt people.

Sorry you missed my point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I didn't even say anything about you not being. I'm sorry for what you've been through. Don't ever accuse me of never experiencing what I have you should know for yourself that's playing on fears all survivors have. Just because you've taken personally against you what I said which wasn't directly aimed at you whats so ever... do not state I haven't experienced because I have and you have NO right to say that. Now I am gonna mute you because I don't need that negativity from you.

Ah so you can't handle the truth after all. Doesn't surprise me. Especially since you completely glossed over the word "think" in my post. You read it the way you wanted it to read. Not what I actually said. 

Be sure to block me in world as well. 

Oh and...

38-1196914641.gif.3469888b554b29a747ac2c8ea82f4fc4.gif

• Like 2