6 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Good luck getting LL to put a stop to it Serenity. The adult community is a huge draw for a lot of people to actually play SL. The fact they CAN act out their fantasies regardless of what they are in this environment is the reason thousands of players log in each day. I think the point that people are trying to make though is that....rape is the act of one person forcing another, through means of threats, violence or physical force, to have sex with them. In that sense what goes on SL isn't rape, has never been rape and will never be rape. What is acted out in SL is actually a consensual role play arrangement and transference of power between two consenting adults. One of which wants to feel the....thrill??....of forcibly dominating and sexually degrading?? someone without the pesky legal issues that surely accompany such actions and the other wants to feel the...thrill??...of being forcibly dominated, degraded and so on and so forth etc etc *insert risk free statements here*.

Do I find it a bit odd that people have rape fantasies...sure....you can fantasise all you want but the reality compared to the fantasy are two completely different things and even the most rape fantasy obsessed individual will find themselves screaming for help in the real life scenario. But I learnt a long time ago that there is no point in getting yourself wound up over the goings on in the adult side of SL, there are things happening over there that make standard rape role-play look like a picnic with Jesus. If you don't like it, do what I do....stay away from those areas. I seldom go near the adult side of SL as i'm not in SL for that reason.

The last time I went near the adult side of SL was when I did what I called a "Sexual Weirdo Safari" about 18 months ago and went exploring it to see what actually happened over there.

Most memorable moment was a hyper overweight futa in full black latex with gigantic boobs with spinning spirals over the nipples, wearing a pig mask, pulling along no less than 6 naked slaves on leashes.

Most disgusted moment was walking into what claimed to be a standard normal sex sim to find a full grown 40 year old male avatar having sex with child avatar. Needless to say much reporting happened before leaving very quickly.

I now stay away from adult SL....do the same if its not your cup of tea...

Don't tell other people what to do everyone is entitled to have a voice

• Haha 1

It's rape culture and it can be controlled in Second Life. Second Life shouldn't allow it. I'm not shoving things down people's throats. That's disgusting. If you don't agree, I literally know where you can go.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

The only person in this thread forcing their opinion down someone else's throat is you. You do not have to visit sims that are targeted towards this sort of roleplay; I certainly don't. But that's not enough for you, you are now trying to insist that everyone else conforms to your wishes, rather than just leaving. Please stop.

Did i say i visited them, no i never stated either and for the matter i do not and never believed in it. Maybe when you can comprehend why people feel so strongly against it then you will maybe see differently. I guess you or no one you know has been through.. keep trying to preach and normalize it.. it will never be ok. 

• Haha 1

That's nice - got any other things you'd like to see wiped from the face of Second Life?

You know, since you're pretending your sense of Morality is The One True Way?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

It's rape culture and it can be controlled in Second Life. Second Life shouldn't allow it. I'm not shoving things down people's throats. That's disgusting. If you don't agree, I literally know where you can go.

Take your own advice then. Its that simple.

Just avoiding the place doesn't work in real life and it doesn't really work in Second Life either. I didn't find this place by looking for it. I reasonably thought it was something else and I got the VR equivalent of being street harassed. I know because I know all too well what that's like. And I know from scanning these forums that mostly a guy plays a female victim, and a bunch of guys act out a rape scenario. This should not be something one can just stumble into just because a sim has an adult rating. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's nice - again it has been 15+ years and content like this has existed for the bulk of it.

Once again like clockwork ... End of the year and of course someone has to show up to gripe about content that has been allowed for the bulk of Second Life's existence while pretending they simply stumble upon such things ...

1. Don't go looking for it.
  2. Very carefully read a sim/parcel's description.
  3. Still somehow manage to stumble on it? Move. On.

There's plenty in Second Life where Role Play is concerned that I find personally objectionable, I'm not demanding the entire service be altered to suit my tastes.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

How about we stop telling people how to feel about things, if we wanna be able to express ourselves? Aka stop trying to argue aimlessly. Its a forum post/question not a competition. I do personally stay away from these places and flag/report objects for it too. However, I do feel if its gonna be bannable to create/sell any objects to aid depicting/roleplaying this. Then places shouldn't be active. Dont bring up what I've done in the past/go off topic. Did anybody ask you for an opinion of what I did? No. Fyi I did no harm by doing so either. Anyway... I am among many am a saviour of this abuse. Its not as simple as "move on". If we could we would no pleasure is had from remembering. Its called having trauma. 

I honestly too think its dangerous for this rp to be in sl. Never know if someone actually has these fantasies in rl aswell. 

• Thanks 1

My threepence-halfpenny-worth of comment.  I have very little to do with SL Adult activities.  I find them generally laughable, revolting, or simply something I don't wish to see.  I don't go to Adult regions unless I must as part of a Quest (LL, I'm looking at you) and if I come across something seriously inappropriate I AR it.  I don't care what consenting adults do to each other; it's none of my business.  It's no business of the ones complaining here, and they evidently don't understand the needs and wishes of a number of SL residents, who give their consent to things others might find objectionable.

• Like 3

I haven't told anyone how to feel actually if you read my comments lol. I've only shared what rules I do know of for it, and that I really don't agree with it. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

That's nice - again it has been 15+ years and content like this has existed for the bulk of it.

Once again like clockwork ... End of the year and of course someone has to show up to gripe about content that has been allowed for the bulk of Second Life's existence while pretending they simply stumble upon such things ...

1. Don't go looking for it.
  2. Very carefully read a sim/parcel's description.
  3. Still somehow manage to stumble on it? Move. On.

There's plenty in Second Life where Role Play is concerned that I find personally objectionable, I'm not demanding the entire service be altered to suit my tastes.

This. 

I have landed places with content I found objectionable because I didn't read the parcel description.  I had an OMG eww moment and teleported home.  End of

6 minutes ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

Second Life is a hostile place for women. It's 2018. #timesup. If you feel victimized by my opinion, you might be a rapist.

and its a good job you didn't actually direct that at one person as it is against the forum guidelines 

ETA  IBTL

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Edited by Cindy Evanier
IBTL
  • Like 5

I wish I was still posting in the forums, this whole thread is way too funny.

:)

Just to clarify,  rape is a terrible, serious crime, devastating to anyone that experiences it, however it is this bickering back and forth about whether virtual rape should be banned in second life that I find quite amusing.

As others have said, let's just ban everything and anything that any person that logs in finds offensive. 

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff so the meaning of the original comment can not be misunderstood
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I wish I was still posting in the forums, this whole thread is way too funny.

:)

You let me down.. I was waiting for someone to post how this thread reminded them Baby It's Cold Outside :D 

• Haha 2

For the record.  I don't believe anyone in this thread has trivialised real life rape or victims of it.  There is no big X in the corner if it happens to you there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just want to voice my support for Bliss on this one. Yes, I know there are lots of men with female avatars who think it’s great. Yes, I know there are even some men who want to do it. But you know what? This is not a world where “I wanna do it, so I’m gonna do it and everybody else has to let me” is the end of the discussion. People have been investigated for raping in virtual reality as a rl crime. And virtual reality acts do affect rl people, including in quite traumatic ways. 

This kind of thing is classic metoo. Perhaps the movement needs to come into SL a bit more strongly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So .... my plans to corner the coal market by forcing Clover to be naughty is immoral?  Or is it OK because I don't have a dick?

Methinks you are stretching the definition of "forcing".

And yes, it's OK.

Meanwhile, because I like numbers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_fantasy

There are, of course, finer points to be made on this subject.

ETA: You're in luck, Rhonda. Beautiful clean coal is back!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Just want to voice my support for Bliss on this one. Yes, I know there are lots of men with female avatars who think it’s great. Yes, I know there are even some men who want to do it. But you know what? This is not a world where “I wanna do it, so I’m gonna do it and everybody else has to let me” is the end of the discussion. People have been investigated for raping in virtual reality as a rl crime. And virtual reality acts do affect rl people, including in quite traumatic ways. 

Emphasis mine. No one has ever suggested that anyone should have this done to them without their consent. Indeed there is no mechanical way to force people into this sort of thing, as even with RLV collars you always have the options of logging off and disabling the collar. We're talking about consenting adults that consent to this activity (hint: it's not non-consensual). You're straw-manning a non-existent scenario.

• Like 3