3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sorry you think that.

I was trying to give you advice that I found useful. SL can be a great healer, that's why it's full of hurt people.

Sorry you missed my point.

Telling me to be an adult and basically get over it.. isn't the way to go about that. But fine I accept that. I'm still not gonna be comfortable with this in SL however.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Ah so you can't handle the truth after all. Doesn't surprise me. Especially since you completely glossed over the word "think" in my post. You read it the way you wanted it to read. Not what I actually said. 

Be sure to block me in world as well. 

Oh and...

38-1196914641.gif.3469888b554b29a747ac2c8ea82f4fc4.gif

What truth exactly? I've just said nothing I said was aimed at you... You came out with saying you think I may not have been through it. You have no right to say that, how would you feel if I said the same about you? It's just something you don't do. Have a bit of respect. Not only did I actually state its happened to me on more then one occasion, I said my friends and family have aswell. So whats your deal? Saying that my friends and family haven't aswell? It was uncalled for, no matter what you thought I was saying directed to you... Seems to be the issue here though. People are only thinking about themselves. What they "think" or "want to think". That's fine, you do that but don't try bring me down with you over taking something I said the wrong way. Had I been in that same situation, I would of never even thought about saying that to you. I'd of just said the part of what you're basically saying to summarise it up "Er excuse me, I have felt this way don't judge me." Not defended and then passed judgement back. It's not a contest.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

What truth exactly? I've just said nothing I said was aimed at you... You came out with saying you think I may not have been through it. You have no right to say that, how would you feel if I said the same about you? It's just something you don't do. Have a bit of respect. Not only did I actually state its happened to me on more then one occasion, I said my friends and family have aswell. So whats your deal? Saying that my friends and family haven't aswell? It was uncalled for, no matter what you thought I was saying directed to you... 

Well. So much for muting me.

You have no right to tell me I have no right to freedom of speech. You have no right to twist every thing I say so that it no longer means what it originally meant. That is uncalled for.

Respect? Respect is earned, not just frivolously given way.

I never claimed you directed anything at me. YOU decided I did when it never happened. That is uncalled for.

Mute me for real this time and don't unmute me until you stop twisting what other people say to suit your need to be a victim. In other words, get over yourself.  You don't have a monopoly on being raped and suffering because of it. I've had to pay that price for decades. Come back and talk to me when YOU have lived with it for more than 40 years. I've had to live with it for 45 years.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You have no right to tell me I have no right to freedom of speech. You have no right to twist every thing I say so that it no longer means what it originally meant. That is uncalled for.

I never claimed you directed anything at me. YOU decided I did when it never happened. That is uncalled for.

Mute me for real this time and don't unmute me until you stop twisting what other people say to suit your need to be a victim. In other words, get over yourself.  You don't have a monopoly on being raped and suffering because of it. I've had to pay that price for decades. Come back and talk to me when YOU have lived with it for more than 40 years. i've had to live with it for 45 years.

I didn't get chance to mute you yet, so I replied. I haven't twisted anything, you've just randomly judged me (ironically) in defence of thinking what I said was aimed at you which it weren't. Hence why you quoted my comment and replied defensively of your experience. 

Again, I am sorry to see/have empathy for you, that you have the experience yourself aswell. I have nearly 9 years and I still struggle with it. So rather then being against me, if you let me I'd actually be supportive/compassionate with you about that. You didn't though, you judged me. Also I believe respect is given not earned. You respect people, fair if they blow your trust then they earn it. However that's how you view it and that's fine. Just don't think if you call me out/disrespect me for no reason at all, I will bow down to you either. I wouldn't "need to get over myself" had you not said things about me. We have to take a bit of responsibility for our own actions rather then excuse them. I haven't done anything to you. Don't treat me like I'm your enemy when I'm not trying to be...

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if you realize it but many people in RL act out simulated rape fantasy sex.  The victim pretends to not want to go along, but is really just wanting the partner to be very controlling.  You may not like what they do, but they do it.  For the most part, what is allowed in SL is based on what is legal in RL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I didn't get chance to mute you yet, so I replied. I haven't twisted anything, you've just randomly judged me (ironically) in defence of thinking what I said was aimed at you which it weren't. Hence why you quoted my comment and replied defensively of your experience. 

Again, I am sorry that you have the experience yourself aswell. I have nearly 9 years and I still struggle with it. So rather then being against me, if you let me I'd actually be supportive/compassionate with you about that. You didn't though, you judged me. Also I believe respect is given not earned. You respect people, fair if they blow your trust then they earn it. However that's how you view it and that's fine. Just don't think if you call me out/disrespect me for no reason at all, I will bow down to you either. I wouldn't "need to get over myself" had you not said things about me. We have to take a bit of responsibility for our own actions rather then excuse them. I haven't done anything to you. Don't treat me like I'm your enemy when I'm not trying to be...

The only person here judging others is you.

Respect and trust are two different things.

I have not called you out or disrespected you. You have done both to me. You needed to get over yourself long before I ever posted in this thread.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know that everything you have said to me is a load of hogwash. Including the "I'm treating you like an enemy" BS.

I have yet to see you take any responsibility for the crapfest you contributed to in this thread. So far all you have done is make excuses.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy this topic again. We have had it like 50 times and it always ends up locked because fighting.

Ok so there are arguments for and against it. Below are my summarized arguments of both sides.

A argument against it:

Some people come to SL to escape RL or have a alternate life/relive their life. Some of these people could be rape victims who use SL to escape RL. Them seeing the rape RP could trigger flashbacks or PTSDs. Therefore it shouldn't be allowed.

A argument for it:

Rape RP is exactly what it is, RP. Technically both parties are consenting, be it volunteeringly sitting on a pose ball, activating RLV with a relay, or using a special hud. Those who do not want to see it shouldn't go out actively looking for it because this happens on private property or sims, not out in public. Therefore it should be allowed.

So say we do ban it, where to we draw the line?

• Would gorean/bdsm slavery/etc be banned? Technically in roleplay, the slave isn't consenting as the master has all the say.
  • What about AFK/idle sex places? No one is at the avatar to consent.
  • What about animal RP? Animals do not consent when they mate, they just do it.
  • What if there is a alien race RP where consent isn't a thing and it is just kind of globally accepted by their culture?

As you can see it is a bit of a slippery slope.

As for morals, what defines one person's morals as correct? As stated above with where we draw the line, morals can be very different from person to person or culture to culture. Some people even say doing adult activities, be it sex for pleasure/reasons other than reproducing, drinking alchohol, gambling(This is banned from SL, but in the case I am talking about is where no money is at stake. Technically gachas can count as gambling), etc, is a sin. Why should we ignore these morals?

Additionally it has been mentioned that rape roleplay is done because "men are insecure about their manhood". This is both ironic and offensive. It implies only men are interested in rape roleplay with women, ignoring the fact that there are gay people who also partake in this type of roleplay, and that there are women who also into this type of RP, be it on the receiving or giving side. I myself am pansexual, but I do highly prefer men and I wouldn't mind partaking in such RP. Being a subordinate/bottom, how would I be "intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women" in this case, if I was both the receiving end, male, and with a male partner?

Outside of trying to stay neutral:

I do try to understand both sides, but rape RP often partakes in closed environments specifically for such type of RP. Those who see it are often actively out looking for it. You can always just not look for or visit these sims or private parcels.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
i am a good grammer speeker
  • Like 5

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

The only person here judging others is you.

Respect and trust are two different things.

I have not called you out or disrespected you. You have done both to me. You needed to get over yourself long before I ever posted in this thread.

If you knew anything about me, you'd know that everything you have said to me is a load of hogwash. Including the "I'm treating you like an anemy" BS.

I have yet to see you take any responsibility for the crapfest you contributed to in this thread. So far all you have done is make excuses.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

I have made judgement towards rape RP in SL. I've suggested that the issue is brought to Linden Lab directly. Pointing out what rules are had but basically saying I think they need to be revised and the objects, places etc that are allowing this in SL should be looked into. I haven't disrespected you or anyone else. I've had all kinds of judgement thrown at me though just for having my view. I haven't said anything directly to you other then "I'm sorry for what you've been through also" and "You have no right to judge me". That's not disrespecting you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SteffiiSugabum said:

I have made judgement towards rape RP in SL. I've suggested that the issue is brought to Linden Lab directly. Pointing out what rules are had but basically saying I think they need to be revised and the objects, places etc that are allowing this in SL should be looked into. I haven't disrespected you or anyone else. I've had all kinds of judgement thrown at me though just for having my view. I haven't said anything directly to you other then "I'm sorry for what you've been through also" and "You have no right to judge me". That's not disrespecting you. 

Funny how you keep trying to turn everything back on me. I'm not the one trying to force my trauma on everyone else in SL.

Get it through your stubborn skull. LL isn't going to do a damned thing to accommodate crime victims.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Why should I have to deal with the triggers from SL in the first place? Why you defending these people/places? That's what truly is baffling me. It's not just me who feels this way either as I have said many times. I'm also not playing a pitty card at all... but what you said was very ignorant and I was setting an example that IF I could just force stop my feelings, you honestly think I wouldn't? Yeah cause I don't just wanna feel at peace at all...

1. Because you already have tools to protect yourself from those triggers in SL.

2. Because it's a slippery slope. Ban one thing because of a vocal minority, then a whole slew of other things get banned. Because -someone- is offended by them. And there are already tools to prevent yourself from being triggered/offended by them. Also, participants in those fantasies are harming no one. Full stop. It's play acting, pretend, fully consensual.

Look this topic has been coming up for literally years in one form or another. Pick the kink: Rape and other kink sims, BDSM, LGBTQ, Furries, someone is offended by them, and wants to 'end this scourge NOW.'

Welp, all those things are still here, they're going to stay. If you don't like activity xyz, then don't go to sims that cater to xyz. Seriously, how hard is that?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Oh boy this topic again.

Ok so there are arguments for and against it. Below are my summarized arguments of both sides.

A argument against it:

A argument for it:

So say we do ban it, where to we draw the line?

• Would gorean/bdsm slavery/etc be banned? Technically in roleplay, the slave isn't consenting as the master has all the say.
  • What about AFK/idle sex places? No one is at the avatar to consent.
  • What about animal RP? Animals do not consent when they mate, they just do it.
  • Or what if there is a alien race RP where consent isn't a thing and it is just kind of globally accepted by their culture?

As you can see it is a bit of a slippery slope.

As for morals, what defines one person's morals as correct? As stated above with where we draw the line, morals can be vary different from person to person or culture to culture. Some people even say doing adult activities, be it sex for pleasure/reasons other than reproducing, drinking alchohol, gambling(This is banned from SL, but in the case I am talking about is where no money is at stake. Technically gachas can count as gambling), etc, is a sin. Why should we ignore these morals?

Additionally it has been mentioned that rape roleplay is done because "men are insecure about their manhood". This is both ironic and offensive. It implies only men are interested in rape roleplay with women, ignoring the fact that there are gay people who also partake in this type of roleplay, and that there are women who also into this type of RP, be it on the receiving or giving side. I myself am pansexual, but I do highly prefer men and I wouldn't mind partaking in such RP. Being a subordinate/bottom, how would I be "intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women" in this case, if I was both the receiving end, male, and with a male partner?

Outside of trying to stay neutral:

I do try to understand both sides, but rape RP often partakes in closed environments specifically for such type of RP. Those who see it are often actively out looking for it. You can always just not look for or visit these sims or private parcels.

I get what you're saying about this in part. However, I've also lost count of how many times I have accidentally read graphic descriptions from the search option in SL. Not even been trying to look for it either. In MP aswell, I could be looking for some clothing, furniture and it comes up with rape beds, hot tubs, date-rape pills... Don't even have to be setting it to Moderate/General for that and objects like that on Marketplace are banned which is what I've been saying. So I do think it needs to be looked into more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I get what you're saying about this in part. However, I've also lost count of how many times I have accidentally read graphic descriptions from the search option in SL. Not even been trying to look for it either. In MP aswell, I could be looking for some clothing, furniture and it comes up with rape beds, hot tubs, date-rape pills... Don't even have to be setting it to Moderate/General for that and objects like that on Marketplace are banned which is what I've been saying. So I do think it needs to be looked into more.

That I could understand and do find as a reasonable complaint. Perhaps SL could use a word blacklisting system for search? I could find it useful for many other uses other than just blocking graphic descriptions as well, such as those who want to not see furry hangouts, afk sex places, or places with "no furries/animal avatars" in the description, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Funny how you keep trying to turn everything back on me. I'm not the one trying to force my trauma on everyone else in SL.

Get it through your stubborn skull. LL isn't going to do a damned thing to accommodate crime victims.

I'm not trying to do that either I've said about as much as you have about your own trauma, as I have about my own trauma. With the add that it does effect me, and "other people" in SL too. You keep taking what I'm saying out of context though. I'm not gonna try reason with you any longer cause it's not getting anywhere. I'm sorry that you are clearly hurting, but I'm not against you nor have I tried to be. I'm not here for you to emotionally take your anger out on either. So muting you it is. If you wonder why I'm not replying, that's why. I've tried to give you chance to understand what I actually mean because you've misunderstood me. Now you're snapping at me because you feel something and I am trying to raise awareness to an issue. So yeah I'm just not here for you to argue with. Had you been respectful and not tried to pick a fight with me I might have actually supported you.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

You can't wrap the world in cotton wool to avoid your triggers.

You need to be an adult and come up with your own coping strategies.

You need to have some empathy and understanding to survivors. If this was you or someone close to you i bet you would be whistleing a different tune.. don't say you wouldn't as if it was you mother, daughter, wife or sister or a close friend i am sure in reality you would back track. So carry on flaming/trolling the fact is rape is very real in real life and in a Virtual world too. Roleplaying it is sick and it is not a kink. So someone wants rough play in a consensual bdsm or commited relationship that is not rape. The whole idealsm of setting up a scene to rp is it sick and it is still saying rape is ok. When it is not. You's have done nothing but attack and troll and turn on people that have been or known someone that has gone through it. That shows yours mentality it also shows theres no empathy in understanding. Some may decide not to use there voice an still disagree with it. We choose to use our voice. It is not your voice over ours. Get it? You wanna have all the speech and say and bash others for speaking up too. No thats not ok and that is forcing your opinion at someone. Stating a view is not but when your purposely flaming and crituqueing someones post for your own gain in flaming is and its arguing for arguments sake. Its christmas eve or christmas day in most places. We all got better places to be and better ways to spend our energy. In the word of Mark Manson. We only have a limited about of F's we give in life. Make them worth it and relevent. For you and how you live if you choose to not to raise awareness or not use your voice thats on you. For those that are, quit getting at them. You can't be your way and expect them to change and conform to you.. A lot of people when they have been through bad stuff raise awareness and do advocate to help others who are and have been going through. Imagine if the world suddenly said Shhhhhhh all criminal acts are ok. What would the world and us as human beings amount too? SL is a virtual world played in reality by real people. In Real Life, The Real world... In Portraying it in Either a virtual reality or real life is still acting out on it. It is still doing it and condoning it. If you do not like our view.. Move on. You won't change peoples opinions or views when they are based on real life experience and humanity knowing the difference of whats right and wrong. 

"Maturity is what happens when one learns to only give a F about what’s truly F worthy. " -  Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life (Quote)

4 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I'm not trying to do that either I've said about as much as you have about your own trauma, as I have about my own trauma. With the add that it does effect me, and "other people" in SL too. You keep taking what I'm saying out of context though. I'm not gonna try reason with you any longer cause it's not getting anywhere. I'm sorry that you are clearly hurting, but I'm not against you nor have I tried to be. I'm not here for you to emotionally take your anger out on either. So muting you it is. If you wonder why I'm not replying, that's why. I've tried to give you chance to understand what I actually mean because you've misunderstood me. Now you're snapping at me because you feel something and I am trying to raise awareness to an issue. So yeah I'm just not here for you to argue with. Had you been respectful and not tried to pick a fight with me I might have actually supported you.

You are so far off base you've left the Milky Way. Every thing you have said in this post is nothing more than deflecting bullcrap.

For someone who is so upset by my posts you sure have replied to them all. Here, allow me to put an end to your charade. All you have to do is mouse over my user name over there <------<<< and click on Ignore User. 

Come talk to me when you are ready to learn just how the cow bit the cabbage and how you can overcome all that baggage you're dragging around. Seriously. You are only hurting yourself doing this. Stop it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Mute me for real this time and don't unmute me until you stop twisting what other people say to suit your need to be a victim. In other words, get over yourself.  You don't have a monopoly on being raped and suffering because of it. I've had to pay that price for decades. Come back and talk to me when YOU have lived with it for more than 40 years. I've had to live with it for 45 years.

You have no right to try play yourself a victim of another victim. We all have bad we have gone through. It does not give you the right to become an agressor and try make it a pathetic competition. Respect is a given till someone shows otherwise. You treat others with how you'd like to be treated. If not then it is not one way for you and one for another. She never told you you didn't you made it all about you and tried to silence her in victim competition. So stop trying to portray yourself an what you have been through as more important then what someone else has been through. It Is Not a Competition. So get over yourself. What you lived with 40 years of it?? Again making what you have been through different to what someone else has been through. You wanna talk about years? Ok soo you wanna go on about years. OK.. both mine and steffs top the amount of years you have been through. YOU have no empathy or understanding instead of trying to show that or kindness to someone thats still struggling through it you would think your years you have gone through it would show you a way to help others and have a bit more thought since you know.. You have been there an all. Grow up, the only one that has tried to make a manopoly out of it is you. Get over yourself seriously. Start using your own experiences of what you have been through to try lighten up someone elses life instead of tearing it down. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

You need to have some empathy and understanding to survivors. If this was you or someone close to you i bet you would be whistleing a different tune.

It was me and I still do not agree that it should be banned in SL. We cannot let ourselves be victimized over and over again simply because of something that we see online.  Not learning how to handle our triggers and protect ourselves from more emotional trauma is letting the perpetrator win - and I'll be damned if I let that bast**d win.

A bit of research will show you that people really do engage in Fantasy Rape Play in RL.  Are you asking to make it illegal in RL?  Because a true rape is an abhorrent crime.  If it isn't going to be illegal in RL, then why would you ask that it be banned online?  Simply because you ran into it here and haven't yet accidentally stumbled upon someone acting it out in RL?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You are so far off base you've left the Milky Way. Every thing you have said in this post is nothing more than deflecting bullcrap.

For someone who is so upset by my posts you sure have replied to them all. Here, allow me to put an end to your charade. All you have to do is mouse over my user name over there <------<<< and click on Ignore User. 

Come talk to me when you are ready to learn just how the cow bit the cabbage and how you can overcome all that baggage you're dragging around. Seriously. You are only hurting yourself doing this. Stop it.

Your talking about your own posts. Because your the one treating this as a contest. Steffi has talked perfect sense and she treats others with the dignity and respect they deserve until otherwise. You obviously need help in over coming yours as your using it as a way to dangle over others in a one up manship. So you stop it. Your the one acting an agressor and trying to act like the abuse you have took is so much different then what others have. 

36 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

So, on one hand you don't want to 'stumble' across it accidentally while landing in a sim, but the description, which would tell you 'Not For Me' is bad too? I'm eyerolling really hard right now..

As for MP.. you do know the search is Boolean, right? you can type in '<search term> NOT rape' and there you go. no more rapeyness in MP search.

As I said, you have tools. Use them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It was me and I still do not agree that it should be banned in SL. We cannot let ourselves be victimized over and over again simply because of something that we see online.  Not learning how to handle our triggers and protect ourselves from more emotional trauma is letting the perpetrator win - and I'll be damned if I let that bast**d win.

A bit of research will show you that people really do engage in Fantasy Rape Play in RL.  Are you asking to make it illegal in RL?  Because a true rape is an abhorrent crime.  If it isn't going to be illegal in RL, then why would you ask that it be banned online?  Simply because you ran into it here and haven't yet accidentally stumbled upon someone acting it out in RL?

So purposely going an finding someones land on sl after disliking her posts are for what purpose. Just letting you know i seen you near her land. 

LL needs to bann it if they have banned it in some form they need to fully.

In letting it happen in sl as a BS RP is letting someone know in their psyche and subconsiously that it is ok to do.

It has happened i have heard of it. Children that grew up on sl or found a way to by pass into adult content under the age of 16 and when they were irl they did it. It is still a crime. 

Rape is not a roleplay or kink, anyone that says otherwise or acted it out is devoid of humanity or morals.

13 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

So, on one hand you don't want to 'stumble' across it accidentally while landing in a sim, but the description, which would tell you 'Not For Me' is bad too? I'm eyerolling really hard right now..

As for MP.. you do know the search is Boolean, right? you can type in '<search term> NOT rape' and there you go. no more rapeyness in MP search.

As I said, you have tools. Use them.

I don't get where your coming from in your first sentence? I haven't said I landed in a sim. It's the description just in search literally. Even names of places they will keyword aswell... and no I do not look up the word rape etc either. It will come from trying to look for markets, clubs, shops just anything... doesn't even have to have adult unticked at times I've found aswell.

As for MP, I didn't know that no. So thank you for informing me of that. However it is banned from MP if you look at the listing guidelines aswell. So yeah I still do think it needs to be looked into. ~ Also, just as an add, there is also the issue of when you're just on the MP home page this stuff coming up aswell in the featured sections etc. Or if you buy something for free, the adverts for other products, this stuff is coming up in there also and its just not at all related to anything I have/would look at.

Edited by SteffiiSugabum
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

I don't get where your coming from in your first sentence? I haven't said I landed in a sim. It's the description just in search literally. Even names of places they will keyword aswell... and no I do not look up the word rape etc either. It will come from trying to look for markets, clubs, shops just anything... doesn't even have to have adult unticked at times I've found aswell.

As for MP, I didn't know that no. So thank you for informing me of that. However it is banned from MP if you look at the listing guidelines aswell. So yeah I still do think it needs to be looked into.

You need to re-read the MP guidelines. The keyword there is 'depictions', as in pictures. as a word, 'rape' is allowed, as long as the picture doesn't depict said rape.

As for the first sentence, it was another poster on the 'ban rape (fantasy) sims' bandwagon, in fact the OP I believe.

Basically, search is one of the tools you can use to prevent yourself from encountering those types of sims. If you eliminate the term from SL search, then you would run into the problem of encountering such RP without warning when you land on the sim. Also, some -other- word would become the euphemism for rape in search such as 'forced' or 'violated'. it wouldn't go away.

If reading the word is too much for you, I gently caution that perhaps you aren't ready for a fully adult SL.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SteffiiSugabum said:

Banned Content Is Not Allowed For Any Residents.

• Non-consensual sexual content, or any content or items that depict or suggest sexual activity that all parties involved did not consent to.
  • Sexual content involving minors, or any sexually explicit or suggestive content or items depicting minors.
  • Cruel or hateful content, or content or items that depict or suggest cruelty or hatred towards individuals or animals.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines <- reference. 

It is banned, I personally think Linden Lab needs to set their foot down on banning places which exist for this.

I don't need to re-read them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roxy Couturier said:

You need to re-read the MP guidelines. The keyword there is 'depictions', as in pictures. as a word, 'rape' is allowed, as long as the picture doesn't depict said rape.

As for the first sentence, it was another poster on the 'ban rape (fantasy) sims' bandwagon, in fact the OP I believe.

Basically, search is one of the tools you can use to prevent yourself from encountering those types of sims. If you eliminate the term from SL search, then you would run into the problem of encountering such RP without warning when you land on the sim. Also, some -other- word would become the euphemism for rape in search such as 'forced' or 'violated'. it wouldn't go away.

If reading the word is too much for you, I gently caution that perhaps you aren't ready for a fully adult SL.

It still comes up regardless of items name or description or lands

I really don't see much help from this long on going battle with anyone .... just people are getting hurt talking about their dark past.To all who feel "rape" , "forced" or any sim to be banned ...

•  either report the matter to LL, or your any legal firm and get it closed if law say so
  •  make you way in SL to focus on things that you like more ... if you want adult fun just not violent once search for relevant sim or open one yourself with like minded residents 
  •  Leave Sl all together ( not being rude but, that's better than remembering your suffering everytime you log in   

What you actually are doing is trying to convince people (most of them don't enjoy that either ) that sims should be banned, try to understand its a user to user forum and I don't know if it helpful to be expressing your anger or disgust here as no one here decides what should be banned and what should not be in SL. No one here hates or are not sympathized with victims just that we have to keep in mind Facts rather than just emotions.

Lets try to be mature and do things that actually matters rather than doing baseless arguments in place meant for something else. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  

Feel free to be my Santa and spoil me with gift .. I go my same name in-world ;)

• Like 4