I am disgusted by the rape play that I've seen in Second Life. Why does most of the adult role play in Second Life involve men who are insecure about their manhood intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women. This is not sex. This is rape. This is not ok. 

I have ideas for things I want to do in Second Life. If anyone is interested historic role play that is not rape-oriented, and is not about degrading women, let me know. I'm a beginner at role play. I'm interested in adult and mature stuff. I want to learn how to design clothes and objects. I don't like rape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

Why does most of the adult role play in Second Life involve men who are insecure about their manhood intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women. This is not sex. This is rapeThis is not ok.

I am not In those kind of role-play either, but there are many people who enjoy it (both gender ) My experience in SL has taught me to not let things that I don't enjoy or feel disgusted about bother me, as they are being enjoyed by others which is completely understandable..... best way is to find what you like in SL. SL got something for everyone :) 

Edited by autonug
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

I am disgusted by the rape play that I've seen in Second Life. Why does most of the adult role play in Second Life involve men who are insecure about their manhood intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women.

The Rape excists only in your imagination, it's RP, not real, and the people in there are there voluntary. Quite a difference with rape.
It also has nothing to do with insecurity.

I have ideas for things I want to do in Second Life.

Go do those, and stay away from the adult special themed RP sims.

This is not sex. This is rape.

in fact the first one is right, the second shouls also have the word "not" in it.
It's Roleplay.

This is not ok.

This isn't true, it is ok, only not for your moral standards in  RL, but this is SL and you ( and me too, it's not my like for being in SL ) we can walk away from it, and don't go back.
Your (and mine and many others...) morals are not leading for other people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rape is Rape, It is not a kink or roleplay and it is sickening regardless of sl or real life. Rape is not in someones imagination only someone having no clue in dealing with it or not had it happen would say that. Rape is very real and anyone acting it out should be ashamed of themselves. It shows you the mentality and its probably same people in sl that get a sick kick out of doing it rl. Just stop. Don't justify it. It is beyond vile and disgusting

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Don't justify it. It is beyond vile and disgusting

nobody justifies it, but it's NOT what you say it is, it's PLAY, VOLUNTARY
Stop glueing your morals on others.

Next is vampires? Furries with fleas?

• Like 1

Good luck getting LL to put a stop to it Serenity. The adult community is a huge draw for a lot of people to actually play SL. The fact they CAN act out their fantasies regardless of what they are in this environment is the reason thousands of players log in each day. I think the point that people are trying to make though is that....rape is the act of one person forcing another, through means of threats, violence or physical force, to have sex with them. In that sense what goes on SL isn't rape, has never been rape and will never be rape. What is acted out in SL is actually a consensual role play arrangement and transference of power between two consenting adults. One of which wants to feel the....thrill??....of forcibly dominating and sexually degrading?? someone without the pesky legal issues that surely accompany such actions and the other wants to feel the...thrill??...of being forcibly dominated, degraded and so on and so forth etc etc *insert risk free statements here*.

Do I find it a bit odd that people have rape fantasies...sure....you can fantasise all you want but the reality compared to the fantasy are two completely different things and even the most rape fantasy obsessed individual will find themselves screaming for help in the real life scenario. But I learnt a long time ago that there is no point in getting yourself wound up over the goings on in the adult side of SL, there are things happening over there that make standard rape role-play look like a picnic with Jesus. If you don't like it, do what I do....stay away from those areas. I seldom go near the adult side of SL as i'm not in SL for that reason.

The last time I went near the adult side of SL was when I did what I called a "Sexual Weirdo Safari" about 18 months ago and went exploring it to see what actually happened over there.

Most memorable moment was a hyper overweight futa in full black latex with gigantic boobs with spinning spirals over the nipples, wearing a pig mask, pulling along no less than 6 naked slaves on leashes.

Most disgusted moment was walking into what claimed to be a standard normal sex sim to find a full grown 40 year old male avatar having sex with child avatar. Needless to say much reporting happened before leaving very quickly.

I now stay away from adult SL....do the same if its not your cup of tea...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ethan Paslong said:

Furries with fleas?

Nothing worse! Those fleas jump, and I have a neko tail, and I don't want fleas near my butt!

Just now, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Open your mind.

Please, stay well away from the Dolcett region where they kill, roast and eat women (although often they roast them alive). Likely need to stay away from the regions when animals and humans enjoy each other's intimate company.

Likely stay out of all the Gor regions too, but not for the slavery and forced sex, more to avoid the BtB'ers.

Just now, Bliss Rembrandt said:

I am disgusted by the rape play that I've seen in Second Life.

Then don't go to those regions. Problem solved.

And to help you avoid those regions the Lab give you content controls that you can (and should) use. Set your viewers maturity to Mature instead of Adult and you won't ever see this content.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

Why does most of the adult role play in Second Life involve men who are insecure about their manhood intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women?

Amusingly, if you read the chat from some of the rougher sex sims, much of it is women wanting some man to come intimidate, overpower, and humiliate them. And complaining not enough men being interested in doing that.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

No it is not. Open your mind. If you cannot comprehend all aspects and how sick it is then you have not educated yourself on the topic.
Don't force your morals on to others and expect you talk to anyone that actually has gone through it. Had it been someone you know or you.
You would have a different view.
If your gonna post ona topic on rape atleat have the audacity to know what it is fully and understanding.

you confuse REAL rape with Role PLay , try it on everyhting in SL... it's not possible to compare to reality.

I respond to a thread about RP, nót on Real Live criminal acts. You pull it to a RL situation. Instead of trying to force unknowing to me, you are the one that makes the thread derailing.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I respond to a thread about RP, nót on Real Live criminal acts.

Depending on where you live RP Rape can be a RL criminal act.... just saying 9_9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Depending on where you live RP Rape can be a RL criminal act.... just saying 9_9

i know, but if people join in from countries where that's forbidden theý are the responsible ones, not the ones that do it legally.
LL could even stop giving access to this based on country like they do with gaming.

The solution for this problem is told several times already : go away from there ..

• Like 2

Just now, Fionalein said:

The world's a big place. There are a lot of laws in a lot of countries. Some might forbid alcohol, some might forbid females showing hair, a few might forbid gatcha, yet another might forbid depictions of rape, or incest or any number of kinks.

Because SL is a worldwide game one needs to be be aware of laws in your own jurisdiction, and if you see something that would break the law in your place of residence - leave.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

Don't force your morals on to others

... says the person forcing their morals on others.

Look, don't get me wrong, non-consent roleplay is definitely not my thing and will never be my thing, but I don't have the audacity to try and police the sexual activity of two (or more) consenting adults. And neither should you; the 1800s were over long ago, begone with your puritanical nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

Amusingly, if you read the chat from some of the rougher sex sims, much of it is women wanting some man to come intimidate, overpower, and humiliate them. And complaining not enough men being interested in doing that.

"Women" as in "RL guy with a girl avatar".

• Like 4

There is a different to forcing your opinion down someones throat which is what is happening when someone voices an opinion thats been effected by it yeaah go bash the survivor an say shes forcing her morals on people. You will find i am not what i am actually saying any sane people knows right from wrong and rape is wrong. End off

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bliss Rembrandt said:

I am disgusted by the rape play that I've seen in Second Life. Why does most of the adult role play in Second Life involve men who are insecure about their manhood intimidating, overpowering and humiliating women. This is not sex. This is rape. This is not ok. 

I have ideas for things I want to do in Second Life. If anyone is interested historic role play that is not rape-oriented, and is not about degrading women, let me know. I'm a beginner at role play. I'm interested in adult and mature stuff. I want to learn how to design clothes and objects. I don't like rape.

I am glad your raising awareness♡

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Serenityfirefly McMahon said:

There is a different to forcing your opinion down someones throat which is what is happening when someone voices an opinion thats been effected by it yeaah go bash the survivor an say shes forcing her morals on people. You will find i am not what i am actually saying any sane people knows right from wrong and rape is wrong. End off

The only person in this thread forcing their opinion down someone else's throat is you. You do not have to visit sims that are targeted towards this sort of roleplay; I certainly don't. But that's not enough for you, you are now trying to insist that everyone else conforms to your wishes, rather than just leaving. Please stop.

• Like 5

Just a few things to note:

• If you cannot tell reality from fantasy, the Internet in general is not for you. That is being polite.
  • No one is ever forced to visit sims containing content they find objectionable.
  • Role Play is not real - if you find that difficult to understand, see the first bullet point.

Most of the rest I'd say has already been covered to death. Be a bloody adult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Banned Content Is Not Allowed For Any Residents.

• Non-consensual sexual content, or any content or items that depict or suggest sexual activity that all parties involved did not consent to.
  • Sexual content involving minors, or any sexually explicit or suggestive content or items depicting minors.
  • Cruel or hateful content, or content or items that depict or suggest cruelty or hatred towards individuals or animals.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines <- reference. 

It is banned, I personally think Linden Lab needs to set their foot down on banning places which exist for this.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Solar Legion said:

Do note where you found that - The Marketplace Guidelines.

That is for the Marketplace - nowhere else.

Yup, saying what I can see. It's on topic with the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is a simple problem: Roleplay helps fulfill a desire that otherwise cannot be satisfied (pout and do your happy "it's just fantasy"dance @Solar Legion it stays true none the less) - but there lies the fallacy. Participating in RP also helps to "normalize" that desire - people indulging in that roleplay more and more forget why it is wrong in RL...

There is also a second problem. All the hidden closet kinksters now fear their kink will be demonized next so they jump to the defense of everyting whatever abomination it might be... if the lab would not have banned the underage content I am sure some here would even defend that with the same reasoning.

You are easy to read folks ;) ...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question, what question?

We have an OP that found content they object to and then came to the forum to vent, another poster that seems to believe that RP is somehow real (judging by their reactions thus far) and several adults that have stepped in to correct the prior two on their misconceptions/overreactions.

Don't like a particular type of content? Don't go looking for it. Somehow stumble across it? Move on.

It's been 15+ years - Linden Lab has explicitly banned one type of adult content thanks to how it was being presented on their service along with a cadre of the sort that will jump onto any service they feel will allow them to remain hidden.

• Like 1