Deal with the Bot accounts already LL...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm tired of having bot accounts come into our sim and sending IMs to residents asking for Lindens, these are all 0 day accounts with the name Steven and then a bunch of numbers, there was similar accounts that followed the Jason[????] naming convention, I keep submitting Abuse Reports but nothing seems to be being done.

What does it take for LL to deal with spam issues?

Unfortunately, they really won't ever do anything about that, for people are allowed to have alt accounts and even use the alt accounts for things you might not like. there is a user on sl that I can't tell his name, that always comes into various adult groups and ask the same thing all the time. his account is never more than 3-4 days old because he gets banned for *****, then makes a new account again.

get a land security system and only allow members on the whitelist to enter, maybe create a group and tell everyone you want there to join that group and make the land group access only. then they won't be able to enter the land anymore, make the group private aka invite only and they won't be able to gain access to the group or land at that point unless someone in the group invites them, which then lets you know its someone from the group doing it and really can't be trusted.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

On the other hand, running bots without flagging them as bots with Linden labs is not allowed I believe.

the rules are vague on this, it is forbidden to use unflagged bots for traffic boosting, and advertising bots are restricted in the amount of people to SPAM daily, ... the rest is nebulous

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Is there still a feature for, is it just for sim owners....about age of the account or there is a gaget for that as well..  You can set it to the age you allow avatars to enter. I know when I created my alt several years ago I could not enter a place till my account was three months old. This place not sure if we can say the names of the creators but it also sells security orbs as well.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:05 AM, LadyPetunias Audion said:

Is there still a feature for, is it just for sim owners....about age of the account or there is a gaget for that as well..  You can set it to the age you allow avatars to enter. I know when I created my alt several years ago I could not enter a place till my account was three months old. This place not sure if we can say the names of the creators but it also sells security orbs as well.

the only issue with that is bots would eventually reach that age and then be able to enter the group or region at that point. So even that is just a temp fix at best. and diehard spammers will age bots to get around such methods of keeping them out.

In diablo II on pc I used to see spam bots that were leveled up to rank 90 to get past most level restricted games to spam the players of that game. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:05 AM, LadyPetunias Audion said:

I get bots on my region that have been around for nearly 10 years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.