Rudeness in general

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am actually sitting just amazed at how rude some people can be perhaps its the anonymity of Secondlife makes them feel its ok. Late Thursday afternoon i was at a simm trying to take some pics for flickr and the forums in a quiet alley with nobody around and this guy pops up. He started chatting and although I could have done without it I chatted to him for a while. Did not manage to get the pics I wanted but hey I try to be civil. Anyway I said I had to go and he asked to friend me and because I was not paying attention it was a few moments before I saw the request then he says Sorry for asking and I said did not see it was talking to someone. So I thought no harm seemed nice enough so accepted. I did see him online but so were several old friends over the period between then and today but he didn't say anything and I was doing other things so I did not say anything either. Half an hour ago was playing with photography and a message pops up from him saying 'so you have not spoken to me since the last time therefor I deem you boring and not worthy of my time so f*** off. How charming lol. And all this over a period of less than 2 days. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I wouldn’t even blink before unfriending him, to be honest. I’m usually very honest with people I meet - I don’t often socialize without purpose. I am busy in both lives but I will always try to make time for a stimulating conversation. I don’t drop my train of thought in photoshop for the dreaded “hi” word. 

People just have different ways of throwing a fit, I guess 😛

• Like 5

I never even remotely accept friendship after just a few hours—or days, for that matter—, in fact I often have it on auto-refuse, which in and on itself (or the automatic refusal text) already makes some go ballistic. What I do have is (sometimes) long conversations with those asking way too soon, not so much out of a need to explain myself as because I wish they were a bit more serious with their concept of friendship; a few actually seemed to understand that it makes sense to wait until you actually know each other well and are sure you’ll get along and understand each other’s moments and busy times.

Then I see them disengaging and pinballing from woman to woman in the are, likely doling out requests left & right. Cos they understood so well.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Let me get this straight... you didn't IM him and you were the "boring one not worthy of his time"  over the period yet he didn't IM you over the same period either?   Pfft  don't give the idiot another thought :) 

I saw his message and the minute he said f*** off I must muted him and didnt reply what a load of b/s

• Like 7

It's a predictable part of SL. They want it all and they want it now.

So many huge egos out there. The 'experienced vets' are some of the worst.......

"Do as I want or I move on".....

/me thinking........."Ok buddy, move on".

Soon as poss please. :)

• Like 4

Well  <insert impish grin>   they could be very important and busy and under holiday stress.    I do understand not wanting to communicate with them further, but......

Since it is the Holidays, and before you mute them forever.   <Stiffles laughter>  

You could search for a compile a list of the various ointments and creams that they could apply to their POSTERIOR PAIN?  

Modern pharmaceuticals are improving all the time.    

Then after some helpful Holiday News.   Mute them.   <grins>  

• Like 1

He Is bored because you didn't talk to him, therefor he is dependent on you to make his life interesting. The fact is truly interesting people  do not need other people to make their  life interesting. So he is the boring one and you don't need him. Lots of guys try to pull  this crap, they aren't even worth a second thought.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I am actually sitting just amazed at how rude some people can be perhaps its the anonymity of Secondlife makes them feel its ok. Late Thursday afternoon i was at a simm trying to take some pics for flickr and the forums in a quiet alley with nobody around and this guy pops up. He started chatting and although I could have done without it I chatted to him for a while. Did not manage to get the pics I wanted but hey I try to be civil. Anyway I said I had to go and he asked to friend me and because I was not paying attention it was a few moments before I saw the request then he says Sorry for asking and I said did not see it was talking to someone. So I thought no harm seemed nice enough so accepted. I did see him online but so were several old friends over the period between then and today but he didn't say anything and I was doing other things so I did not say anything either. Half an hour ago was playing with photography and a message pops up from him saying 'so you have not spoken to me since the last time therefor I deem you boring and not worthy of my time so f*** off. How charming lol. And all this over a period of less than 2 days. 

Was he rude? Yes he was

However why friend him in the first place? You talked once for a few sentences. Sl is full of very lonely people who want to connect. First find out if you are compatible and have stuff to talk about or realise the one conversation friends a lot of them will go rude on your ass and learn to make it the water that lands on a ducks back. Personally I have found enough of the one conversation and friends people good company that I am willing to tolerate the low hit rate. Your mileage may vary as it inevitably gives you the self entitled and merely insane in large quantities

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Why friend him in the first place? 

For me, my policy is the be very liberal with granting friendships, and just as quick to delete those who prove themselves unworthy. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

For me, my policy is the be very liberal with granting friendships, and just as quick to delete those who prove themselves unworthy. 

Which was sort of what I said with the caveat that you need a thicker skin if you follow that route

I agree that I probably should not have said yes when he offered friendship. It actually was a longer conversation than a few sentences and he seemed nice, we had some things in common. I do find it hard to turn people down and I should know better after all this time. I just didn’t expect him to have a hissy fit if I did not immediately talk when he was online. I don’t as a rule spend a lot of time inworld but he did seem to be there every time I logged on. 

19 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I agree that I probably should not have said yes when he offered friendship. It actually was a longer conversation than a few sentences and he seemed nice, we had some things in common. I do find it hard to turn people down and I should know better after all this time. I just didn’t expect him to have a hissy fit if I did not immediately talk when he was online. I don’t as a rule spend a lot of time inworld but he did seem to be there every time I logged on. 

This is how I deal with this sort of thing

It is not my loss losing them as a friend but there loss losing me....egocentric yes but it means the hissy fit and block merely makes me shrug

You have to be a pretty exceptional person for me to make an exception to break my hard and fast rule of never adding anyone I haven't gotten to know over a period of several weeks or even months. I'll happily trade calling cards with you so we can maintain contact and get to know each other.  Adding someone right off the bat is an extremely rare exception.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You have to be a pretty exceptional person for me to make an exception to break my hard and fast rule of never adding anyone I haven't gotten to know over a period of several weeks or even months. I'll happily trade calling cards with you so we can maintain contact and get to know each other.  Adding someone right off the bat is an extremely rare exception.

makes a note not to send a friends request to selene

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Honestly,I don't think adding someone that you meet and get along with is where the problem lies..I've met a lot of really good people just bumping into them all over the place..Probably more good than bad..

I think all we really can do is what you did,keep a low tolerance right away.. I wouldn't let the nuts that get in the bowl spoil the possible fruit down the road..

leave it up to them to mess it up.. Because it's much easier to sort out the nuts than it is to gather fruit..

Some people get goofy right away,which to me is a good thing..Because there hasn't been too much invested..

It's the ones that crack later that I end up giving more thought about pulling from the list..

Some of the best relationships come from clicking right away in the first meeting.. I wouldn't let the bad ones jade you from the rest of the world..

I think all we can do is what you did..They tested you and you threw down on them..Sometimes you just have to throw down on someone..;):D

hehehehe

• Like 3

the problem is: I witness it anywhere on the interwebs and in RL, too - dramatically increasing from day to day....
And if you´re nice you´re either being taken for sarcastic (even if I was honest...) or they look at you as if they´ve seen a ghost. It´s weird these days...

usually if I´m taking pics and I see someone near me/aproaching me I put my titler on with something like "taking pics can´t talk" or "Blogger at work" or something like that...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.