Is it possible to toggle straving in mouslook?

Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am just trying LR with my steam controller because WASD puts too much strain on my left hand. However I find the the mouselook straving highly unintuitive and quite annoying TBH. Is there a way to make mouslook left behave just regular control left (and same for right of course as well)? I really really hate to configure two joystick setups and then switch them by hand...

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can use the mouse to steer while walking (or flying) in Mouselook.  Just keep your finger down on the Up arrow key, or the W key.  Your avatar will move in the direction of your mouse cursor.

I think they were asking about straffing, which is not a normal movement so a little different then what you mentioned. straffing if you didn't know is where you only move left or right while still facing in your original direction. often used in many fps games using the left and right bumpers to avoid enemy fire while shooting back at them.

it is like a side-stepping motion, not a walking forward motion

what you suggested would have them have them change direction upon where they were looking, which is something different. like driving a car. 

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I am just trying LR with my steam controller because WASD puts too much strain on my left hand. However I find the the mouselook straving highly unintuitive and quite annoying TBH. Is there a way to make mouslook left behave just regular control left (and same for right of course as well)? I really really hate to configure two joystick setups and then switch them by hand...

if you are in firestorm there is a joystick calibration and settings area, you might be able to configure it how you want and need for straffing.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can use the mouse to steer while walking (or flying) in Mouselook.  Just keep your finger down on the Up arrow key, or the W key.  Your avatar will move in the direction of your mouse cursor.

Yes I can but I still do that silly move each time I accidentally push the joystick to the left... it is A N N O Y I N G ! My thumb is not fast enough in correcting those moves

On 12/22/2018 at 8:04 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

You can use the mouse to steer while walking (or flying) in Mouselook. 

No I can't... with the joypad I have no hands free for another mouse ;)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.