Sign in to follow this  
thomasmb728

How can I get a translator for open chat?

Question

3 answers to this question

Translators are a bit of a problem.

Pretty much all translators use either Google Translate or Microsoft Translator.  There used to be some free translators, but since both Google and Microsoft went to a paid subscription model for their translation APIs, these have disappeared from the market.

If you have a paid account with Google or Microsoft, you can use the viewer's built-in translator function.

If not, there are at least two commercially available translators on the Marketplace, Q-Translator and Universal Translator V8.

If you don't need a translator often, you can cut and paste chat to and from Google Translate's web site.

All translators (even the viewer's built in one, I think) only translate in the Nearby Chat channel.

15 hours ago, thomasmb728 said:

How can I get a translator for open chat?

search the mp and buy one, would be the easiest way. there are several good ones in the mp. such as  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Translator-57-Languages-Auto-Spellcheck-Dictionaries-Wiki-Search-Fake-Accents/641722 for example. You can find some cheaper though too.