Why is my Ana LAQ head is white, no skin?

Arabella Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Also, look in the items in the folder that the head was in to see if there is any other item in the folder with "skin" in the name.  I'm not currently wearing a LAQ head, but for the two that I have, one has an item called "LAQ ~ headname skin appliers" and the other one has an item called "LAQ ~ headname skin 2.0".  

Also, is Omega already installed in the head?  The last LAQ head that I bought had a notecard in the folder that an Omega installer was needed. 

How do I install the Omega installer? I tried to "add" it to my body and when I touch it says: "Attempting to Activate LAQ" I went to sand box and put it on the ground and it says the same "Attempting to Activate LAQ" So frustrating.

Also I just bought the skin at LAQ and a square with 4 windows to choose from and the head is still no skin.

I look in my LAQ head folder no skin applier there

8 minutes ago, Arabella Destiny said:

How do I install the Omega installer? I tried to "add" it to my body and when I touch it says: "Attempting to Activate LAQ" I went to sand box and put it on the ground and it says the same "Attempting to Activate LAQ" So frustrating.

Also I just bought the skin at LAQ and a square with 4 windows to choose from and the head is still no skin.

I look in my LAQ head folder no skin applier there

Usually you install an Omega applier by wearing the item it is to be installed in (in this case the head) and then adding the installer (it will be a hud on the screen) and then clicking the installer. 

I've never purchased a skin from LAQ, but it seems to me that you should not need an Omega installer for putting a LAQ skin on a LAQ head...  

Are you at a location where scripts are enabled?  (if you are not allowed to run scripts at the location you are at, that might interfere with the skin applying). 

If you're still having issues with getting the skin applied, then I think you will need to ask in the LAQ inworld group.  

1 minute ago, Arabella Destiny said:

I bought the LAQ HUD but how does it work?

The LAQ Hud lets you change makeup options, hairbase colors, brow colors, etc., and facial animations.  You "add" it and it displays on your screen - it you do that and all it shows is a small rectangle, click on that and the hud should fully open. 

The Hud doesn't apply the skin, That you need the applicator for  the skin to do, and be sure it is trying to apply to the head not the body. I  use Lure skins,  and the applier has buttons   for  the body and others for the head, I need to do both. I really do not fully understand it. There are actually three buttons for the head, i just click them all, that seems to work.

Just now, moirakathleen said:

Usually you install an Omega applier by wearing the item it is to be installed in (in this case the head) and then adding the installer (it will be a hud on the screen) and then clicking the installer. 

I've never purchased a skin from LAQ, but it seems to me that you should not need an Omega installer for putting a LAQ skin on a LAQ head...  

Are you at a location where scripts are enabled?  (if you are not allowed to run scripts at the location you are at, that might interfere with the skin applying). 

If you're still having issues with getting the skin applied, then I think you will need to ask in the LAQ inworld group.  

The LAQ Hud lets you change makeup options, hairbase colors, brow colors, etc., and facial animations.  You "add" it and it displays on your screen - it you do that and all it shows is a small rectangle, click on that and the hud should fully open. 

LAQHUD.PNG

9 minutes ago, Arabella Destiny said:

Maybe this visual will help. I try to touch it so it opens for me but the box on the right comes up. It won't do anything else. I "add it" and it comes up as per pic. I'm I suppose to wear it? Attach it to a body part?

Frustrating

If I remember correctly LAQ head HUD have 4 positions for saving entire skin+make up presents. Thats very useful when you are about to demo skins or makeups,  or when you only want to have 4 "ready to apply" different makeups. You can save  there all appliers you are currently wearing on the head, skin, blush, lipstick, eyeshadows, hairbase - and next time to apply that on the head all with one click, without need to find in inventory all those appliers. But right now, when you need to apply skin for the first time, its not the rigth button to use, thats not skin applier you are looking for.

This button is part of the HEAD HUD, you need to find separate HUD with skin applier (or omega HUD, if your head didnt have omega pre-installed).

I would recommend to detach the head main HUD for while and to attach it back after you will manage to apply the skin first. Also... is it some HUD rezzed above your head ...? Or whats that? HUDs are supposed to be attached on avatar (on screen), not rezzed. 

Edited by loverdag
typos, typos and mooore typos - Im sure some escaped ...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arabella Destiny said:

I don't know how that happened :(

Well, thast not disaster, if its HUD rezzed on ground, just delete it. 

Open the folder with head in your inventory, there should be a lot of things, try to find the one named like skin, then make right mouse click on it and chose "add". It should attach the skin applier on your screen. There you click on it and apply the skin on the head.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.