The Art of Mental Illness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

T A M I, The Art of Mental Illness, is an art gallery in development, being established for the exhibition of all forms of art by people who deal with mental illness daily.
The gallery is managed by founder and curator, Danny Noyes, whose real life persona has suffered with Bipolar Affective Disorder with Suicidal Ideation for over a decade. Being a resident of Second Life since 2006, I have become aware of the value that this place can bring, in gathering people from all over the world with like minds, ......even if they can be, a little unstable at times .
My real life persona has found that people with such conditions have talents that so often go unrecognised. Sometimes, because of the stigma and misunderstanding these diseases have within our communities, others, because of the extremely poor self esteem or outrageously high expectations. Such is the manner of some disorders.
Using second life and creating a supportive community around this gallery, will I’m sure, build an understanding, that all of us in the mental health community, carers and affected, should look forward too .This Gallery then is established with this objective. To provide an outlet within second life to exhibit, discuss and support, residents with artistic passion who suffer with mental health issues .To exhibit all forms of the arts at no cost to the artist .To only have original work that may be sold directly through the artist .To encourage artists to provide links and information to their real world art for proper exposure. To seek support from benefactors to improve the real life exposure of the artists with mental health issues .The Art of Mental Illness – Art gallery Is for all of us who feel safe in Second Life living with these wretched conditions. For more information please visit the info desk at the gallery.
Search for T.A.M.I - The Art of Mental Illness, in world. at the gallery you can pick up our magazine that has more detail of what we hope to achieve. TAMI is a non profit organisation and does not take commissions or any funds from contributing artists. All moneys remain with the artist. If you could join the group that would be helpful too....

Saphire 93,227,85

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing, Danny. I have just been here, it looks really interesting and a great cause. I cannot stay logged too long now because I am at work in RL but I will go back to the gallery for a longer visit.

Again thanks for the information. :smileyhappy:

(the gallery is in Saphire 93,227,85)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.