What do YOU do in Second Life?

HivieHivie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've done many different things in SL over the years and I recommend you go out and do whatever your heart desires. Recently, I've been going to shopping events in-world and getting demos of clothes, accessories, furniture, etc. I try the demos and sometimes I buy things or if I like the overall style of an item I'll go to the creator's main store if they have one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm What do  I do in SL .. heh..    I  host  Live Music  @ Cafe Musique  and   I   co-Manage @ Coastal Castaways  .  I also choreography and dance  for kjjeff  LIve shows (he is a amazing singer)  then  for fun ..   i  kill  zombie and  catch glytches ,  build all my own houses  my  lastest is  base  on Alice in  Wonderland..   there is  no end to the adventures  my escape in SL  ~ The BEST !!!    Enjoy it :) 

• Like 2

I've been addicted to SL since the first day my first avatar arrived back in June of 2009.  I've done lots of the things that the others before me have posted like shopping, exploring, building, decorating, dancing, chatting. These days I host at a blues club on Saturday nights. I love the music there and the friends I've made.

I've never been away from SL for more than a couple of weeks on vacation in the RL ap. RL has better graphics but the transportation system sucks. I like the people in SL better than the people that live near me. I love the conversations best of all I think.  I made alts as a hobby.  This avatar was my first alt that I made when I was one month old.  I made her to do the things that scared me.  Eventually I found that not being scared was more fun than being scared. My first av had her heart broken and left SL, but I never left. I just took over being the main av. Total immersion in SL can be as unpredictable and painful as RL so I no longer do the total immersion experience anymore.  I'm more of an augmentationalist now.  I have shared RL details with a few trusted friends and even met some in RL.

I play a turn based game in SL called tiny empires(TE) where I am a princess in the Kingdom of Rebels. It's the kind of game where you can do as much or as little as you like and I'm just a dabbler these days. I like that my alts can have a role in TE, seemed a shame to keep them in a folder on my computer doing nothing after the first few months of creation. Now they are my minions and they are working on achieving prince/princess status

SL can be anything you want it to be.  A social venue, a creative outlet, a therapeutic exercise, a way to live out your fantasies....

• Like 1

Some recent activities:

• Exploring lots of different interesting places - on foot, with sail boat. Fun!
• Building "summer cottage" on my parcel. Lots of fun!
• I studied and learned thoroughly how to use AVsitter on furniture. Fun!

And more what I often do:

• Dancing in places with nice music
• Live concerts
• Shopping
• Taking snapshots

• Like 1

I love shopping for new clothes to make new outfits and for new furniture to decorate my home. I recently got myself a shiny new Catwa mesh head. 

Spending time with my SL family.

I play as a kid avi (Tweenster) so I enjoy going to school. Used to attend HKE and currently looking to attend PSE since HKE closed. 

In the past I have roleplayed at Mischief Managed at Hogwarts since I love Harry Potter. 

I'm a boy scout at Camp Concord, it's a lot of fun!

I love swimming and sailing and would love to go on a boating trip around SL at some point. 

7Seas fishing is fun and I like collecting the SuperUltraRare fish to put in my aquarium. 

I absolutely love photography and exploring SL to take beautiful pictures for my blog. 

I find doing the quests and hunting for crystals in Linden Realms very relaxing and if you're smart about how you go about things you can make good money. I make around L$560 a week from the realms. 

I have relaxing by bowling, windsurfing on the beaches, scuba diving and by playing board games like Cheesy and uno. 

Clubs can be good fun although there aren't loads of kid friendly ones around. 

Honestly there is loads to do. 

• Like 1

Speaking as 1/2 of a long-standing Couple; my daily activities are highly influenced by “we” and I’m very happy that way 🙂

I DJ a bit, so club work can take some of my time, as does prep for the actual event and *shopping* to prep for the event.....”spend money to make money” is very true here.

My other big current hobby is SL photography and feeding my narcissistic Flickr Feed 🙂. SL is so transitory and so many interesting places come and go quickly, I try to document what I can amid the usualy hailstorm Of Selfies .....

My Partner and I go dancing quite a lot, especially when we can find clubs like the recently reinvigorated Blue Note and Fogbound (we both like a wide variety of music, but Blues is special for us).

Velvet Thorn is also very special to us 🙂

My photo-safaris mean that I generally explore the grid and meet people a lot. I get a lot of photo-locale referrals from people I meet as well as my scrubbing through the “SL Photogenic Locations” on the inter webs.

Lastly, I’m pretty chatty....I talk to people a LOT.

Thats mainly my Second Life.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c2f61456f4d7a3845

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

I learn new things everyday, todays new thing is that when you go to read a 7 page forum post check first if there is a lock at the front of the title, so that you don't read all 7 pages because you want to be sure that you are not saying the same thing as one or more people have already said, then get to the end and find out what you have been desperate to type cannot be typed. 

In summation, Second Life is for learning new things, loving old things, and enjoying all things :) 

It is also for finding another thread you can pout in so that what you just did (7 pages) is not something only you know about, others can just laugh at you too.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, HivieHivie said:

What do YOU usually do in Second Life?, what activities do you do on a day to day basis In world?.

I'm new so I'm just finding ideas of what others do in Second Life. 

I went through many phases - newbie explorer, shop owner, combat obsessed samurai wannabe, very bad but determined scripter and builder, roleplayer,  and now I just like decorating, dressing up, and taking pics. I am glad I took photos all along, so I have a record of all the stuff I did. 

• Like 1

Oh golly, so many things. I had my first job before my first log in. The whole idea of sl was as exciting as it was nerve-wracking and so I read the (old) forums obsessively for a few hours, messaged the owner of a sl news blog and got hired. Shortly afterward, my rl arts nonprofit made its appearance inworld for a year or so. Since I've been a journalist, editor, dj, filmmaker, assistant, life coach, wedding coordinator/officiant and half a dozen other things. I've roleplayed in Gor and in the past five years begun learning about BDSM and become a part of the community, where I've facilitated discussions and mentored formally and informally.

These days sl is all about those i love. Which honestly, was worlds away from what i either expected or wanted the first time i logged in. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.