What kinds of stuff do you put in your profiles?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With some of my accounts, I have a basic idea of what to put in my profiles. For example:

"Alien" account: "Home? 86 light years away."

"Shapeshifter" account: "I'm my own worst enemy."

"President" account: "Leader of the Republic of Liberte."

However, I have no idea what to put in some of my other ones, in particular the ones with female appearances. It's probably because I don't really give them a character of their own and yet, they still aren't the "real life" me.

1 minute ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

What kinds of stuff do you put in your profiles?

This is my basic formula:

• Something about my interests.
  • Something that can be used as a conversation opener.
  • Something to let others know if I would be interested.  In other words, sexual pref and availability.
  • Something funny.
  • Zero negativity.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine what, if anything, in my profile is true...

sl_image.png?c7778bcf7847ac036620d996d07

Biography

Your seeing this may mean I've taken a rare trip out into a populated place. Don't let me miss the opportunity to meet you!

Oh, and Snugs is my alt ;-).

Interests

Cognitive psychology Defenestration Engineering (Electrical/Biomedical)Intersection of Art and Science Photography (astro, micro, high speed, time lapse) ScienceStorytelling

Real World Profile Picture

fl_image.png?907a321afd6d0c5eedd6bc1a1c9

Real World Biography

Born on a sultry summer's eve in 1970, I was home schooled in the '40s. I've never owned a TV.

I love: 
Feynman, Twain, Earhart, J.S/PDQ Bach, Frost, Reinhardt, oscillosopes, telescopes, microscopes, Scopes Monkey Trial... and defenestration.

I'll also leave you to decide whether I'm Anne Francis reborn... or an ocelot.

(Did you see I mentioned defenestration twice, but not fire at all?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine what, if anything, in my profile is true...

sl_image.png?c7778bcf7847ac036620d996d07

Biography

Your seeing this may mean I've taken a rare trip out into a populated place. Don't let me miss the opportunity to meet you!

Oh, and Snugs is my alt ;-).

Interests

Cognitive psychology Defenestration Engineering (Electrical/Biomedical)Intersection of Art and Science Photography (astro, micro, high speed, time lapse) ScienceStorytelling

Real World Profile Picture

fl_image.png?907a321afd6d0c5eedd6bc1a1c9

Real World Biography

Born on a sultry summer's eve in 1970, I was home schooled in the '40s. I've never owned a TV.

I love: 
Feynman, Twain, Earhart, J.S/PDQ Bach, Frost, Reinhardt, oscillosopes, telescopes, microscopes, Scopes Monkey Trial... and defenestration.

I'll also leave you to decide whether I'm Anne Francis reborn... or an ocelot.

(Did you see I mentioned defenestration twice, but not fire at all?)

You just threw the whole concept of profiles out the window! 

*De-fen-e-strate!* walking robotically towards..

I don't think i've updated my profile since i wrote it 9-10 years ago, It has my then likes and interests and inworld location. it could do with an update more relevant to now if i could think of something better to put in it's place.
in the RL bit i did put my blog and this quote i borrowed from somewhere  "My mind really thinks i’m happy here but hasn’t been able to tell my face."  because it seems to reflect RL quite well 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Where did you say you parked your time machine? 😇

When I was born, Dad was 50 and Mom was nearly 43. Mom is the youngest of 14 and I am the youngest of my generation (I'd have to check) by at least 20 years. My oldest cousin is approaching 90. My emergency backup mom is 97. Throughout my youth, acquaintances thought my parents were my grandparents. I was spoiled rotten at family reunions because of my unusual place in the family tree. I have been called "Aunt Maddy" since I was a child, mostly as a way to remind all of my contemporaries that I'm not quite their contemporary.

We're surrounded by time machines. All you have to do is listen to them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.