llRemoteLoadScriptPin

Xeph Brunsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a quick question for ya'll out there.

I'm fairly new to the above function but progressing as far as scripting a product updater goes.

Iv'e been able to achieve success with Remotely loading scripts to each child prim in a seperate 6 Prim link using a seperate control prim. However, Iv'e only been able to do so when using the UUID of each prim as the key.

The question is ... Is using the UUID of each prim the only way to update/send scripts to a seperate unlinked linkset? Being that the UUID's change on upon rez, If this is the case what would your suggestion be to obtain those UUID's each time? Listen events?

Additional Information: This function will be used to remotely upgrade/add scripts to a Scripted HUD.

Put a script in your object's root prim that is activated on rez and collects the UUIDs of all named child prims so that they are handy when you query the script remotely.  A simple initialization sequence like this should be enough:

integer i;
while ( i < llGetNumberOfPrims() )
{
    ++i;
    if( llGetLinkName(i) == "Top")
    {
        kTopLink = llGetLinkKey(i);
    }
    else if ( llGetLinkName(i) == "Bottom" )
    {
        kBottomLink = llGetLinkKey(i);
    }
    else if ( llGetLinkName(i) == "Left" )
    {
        kLeftLink = llGetLinkKey(i);
    }
    // and so forth
}

Then, following the scheme you outlined, send all your update scripts to the object and let this script in the root send them to the appropriate child prims and then activate them with the UUIDs.

• Like 1

Cap'n ... She's a Transferring!

Thanks again for your direction. Building upon your guidance I've scripted in a toggle on the HUD itself which passes the Current UUID of Link 1 ( Root) to the Update Object which can then be used with RemoteLoadScriptPin. Once in the Root a newly transferred script passes them on to other prims as needed, cleans up the root of copies when done and self deletes.

Cleaned her up by encrypting the Channel and Filtering quite heavily. Once the transfer begins the Listen is closed and all is well in paradise!

Thanks Again Rolig!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.