with the rvl what is the person allowed to contorl and see

CarlyCaress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, CarlyCaress said:

if I have the collar on and have the rvl on.. as well as locked

what all can the person in control see?  Do they see my conversations with others when he is not on.. or when he is on? 

if right it will be described in the manual or description of the object you have, if thats not delivered contact the seller or the one that gave it.
"the collar" isn't really something we can guess what it is and who made it.

RLV and RLV scripts are not consistent across all RLV toys/tools and viewers. So, you have to read the manual for the relay, collar, or whatever tool/toy to see what capabilities it has built in.

RLV provides a programming interface accessible from scripted objects (relays and toys - in-world scripted things) that connects them to the viewer. It is very easy to send chat, location, viewer settings, and other bits of information to a second viewer. However, the video stream you see on your screen is way data heavy, which is why your viewer creates it locally and puts it on your screen. The visual image never leaves your computer, unless you use something like OBS to stream it to a gaming channel like YouTube's. 

If one were using a service like Bright Canopy where the video image is created server side and sent to your computer (or smart device, the usual reason for having Bright), then it might be possible to send the video stream to multiple computers. 

OBS is a good bit of programming needed to move the image from your computer to an online streaming service. RLV and your viewer are incapable of doing that task. I hope you start to see the complication in sending video. Basically consider that currently impossible.

Is there an RLV that can take snapshots and send them? I suppose it is theoretically possible. But, I haven't heard of any RLV thing that does it. But, I don't know all that is RLV.

Chat... What can be monitored and sent and when along with whether the listener has to be online or can be offline is a matter of how complicated the RLV tool is. Read the manual. From what I know it is a matter of sending chat convos to a 3rd-party host for later retrieval in the offline case. That would incur and ongoing cost. So, the free and low cost RLV toys are WAY unlikely to have such features.

RLV doesn't actually allow anyone to spy on the person wearing the RLV attachment. RLV either prevents you from doing something, or forces you to do something. (RLV can't force your avatar to speak or send IMs, though. The full RLV documentation is here and I have read all of it many times.)

Spying on your conversations can be done with regular, non-RLV scripts (Doing that is almost guaranteed to break LL's terms of service, though.) and the spy does not need to be online as the logs could be sent to their email address. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

On 12/18/2018 at 1:00 AM, CarlyCaress said:

if I have the collar on and have the rvl on.. as well as locked

what all can the person in control see?  Do they see my conversations with others when he is not on.. or when he is on? 

Unless the collar has the spy script and that was activated no they cannot see what you are saying in local. even with the spy script on and consented to it cannot see what you say in im or group chat. lsl and rlv cannot monitor or record group and im chat, it lives in another dimension separate from local chat.

and in most cases, they cannot even see what you are doing via the cam either unless they are in the same region you are in.

Now with the spy script, they can see your login, if you tp and where to and if you sit on things or someone touches your collar.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI lists everything that can be done in rlv, so pretty much if it is not there it cannot be done through rlv or your collar.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
added a little more info
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

RLV doesn't actually allow anyone to spy on the person wearing the RLV attachment. RLV either prevents you from doing something, or forces you to do something. (RLV can't force your avatar to speak or send IMs, though. The full RLV documentation is here and I have read all of it many times.)

Spying on your conversations can be done with regular, non-RLV scripts (Doing that is almost guaranteed to break LL's terms of service, though.) and the spy does not need to be online as the logs could be sent to their email address. 

There once was an rlv script that allowed syncing of the user's cam to another's cam, basically letting you see what they saw, or letting them see what you saw. And not directly through rlv itself but your an object with rlv on they can actually speak for you without your consent. the IControl collar allows this, it even allows them to drive you around, walking you where ever they want with you unable to refuse them doing it. 

mumbler objects can even change what you speak, replacing words to turn you into a bimbo or other various effects. there are even petplay items that can control what you can or cannot say or see and even change what you say to something else. but again that's not directly through rlv itself. it often just uses rlv to prevent you from removing the object doing it.

catch me in world sometimes, I might turn you in to my hips or wings and then limit what you can say or emote as them.

grr.. the forum split my edited reply again..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
silly forum..

8 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

There once was an rlv script that allowed syncing of the user's cam to another's cam, basically letting you see what they saw, or letting them see what you saw. And not directly through rlv itself but your an object with rlv on they can actually speak for you without your consent. the IControl collar allows this, it even allows them to drive you around, walking you where ever they want with you unable to refuse them doing it. 

mumbler objects can even change what you speak, replacing words to turn you into a bimbo or other various effects. there are even petplay items that can control what you can or cannot say or see and even change what you say to something else. but again that's not directly through rlv itself. it often just uses rlv to prevent you from removing the object doing it.

Mumbler scripts don't speak AS your avatar, though. Sure, a script can change its name to match an avatar's name, but the messages are coming from a separate object and the difference is very noticeable by default. Same goes with other avatars "making you speak," it's an object talking, not your avatar.

Syncing one's camera to where your camera is is kinda the same thing, they don't really "see what you see," they just know what your camera is pointed at (so they don't see your HUD or chat windows, the same animations/sounds might not be playing, they won't know if you have something derendered..), and they must be in the same region and not blocked by parcel privacy.

Controlling an avatar's movement is another very simple non-RLV feature, scripts can push the owner's avatar even in no-push areas, that's how it's done.

Note that I don't disagree with anything you've said, I'm just clarifying some of the details and reiterating that none of these things are related to RLV.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Mumbler scripts don't speak AS your avatar, though. Sure, a script can change its name to match an avatar's name, but the messages are coming from a separate object and the difference is very noticeable by default. Same goes with other avatars "making you speak," it's an object talking, not your avatar.

Syncing one's camera to where your camera is is kinda the same thing, they don't really "see what you see," they just know what your camera is pointed at (so they don't see your HUD or chat windows, the same animations/sounds might not be playing, they won't know if you have something derendered..), and they must be in the same region and not blocked by parcel privacy.

Controlling an avatar's movement is another very simple non-RLV feature, scripts can push the owner's avatar even in no-push areas, that's how it's done.

Note that I don't disagree with anything you've said, I'm just clarifying some of the details and reiterating that none of these things are related to RLV.

Yes, they cannot speak as you but can spoof to be you, and unless a person has certain settings on in their viewer it is not as easy to see or determine for the new user. Not everyone is aware they can change their colors to see if an object is speaking. Not everyone has particles turned on for when an object speaks, letting someone know it was an object or script talking. Some objects are good enough to even link to the users profile if clicked on, to simulate the same real effect if clicking on the user's name normally. I have my color settings set to change if and when an object is speaking compared to an avatar speaking and where it creates a particle effect. Not everyone though does this because they want that immersion and feeling that someone else is speaking for them or that their speech has been magical changed or controlled or to make others who are unaware of such things believe it is them acting/speaking in the manner that they are; be it for rp or other reasons and yes it is not directly through rlv; but rlv is often used to prevent the removal of the item, allowing the other to do it with or without the consent of the wearer using the item.

yes, they won't see exactly what you see but that was not the point of what I said, it was just about that they can simulate seeing what you see or control what you see, and again its a script in an object and is within rlv to do this to control where your camera is and what you can see to some extent. just wont let you 'see' their ui/hud; but rlv can be used in a way see what is on their hud in the form of what hud attachments they have on and prevent them from using them or even to remove them. rlv can control where your camera is and then prevent the moving of the camera from that position. Not everyone using this is always seeking to see 'exactly' what the other user is seeing, though if someone wanted to go that far they could just use anydesk or teamveiwer to rdp into the others computer and see what they see. which many users seeking that ultimate level of control and power exchange or immersion do.

I never said that it was rlv that allowed them to control the movements, just that it is a feature of some rlv enabled devices/collars. where again often rlv is used to prevent the removal of the item or from the other user being able to refuse them the ability to do so. so not directly rlv, but rlv effected in that it cannot be removed or stopped because of rlv, unless you log in with rlv off. which some will then consider it cheating out of rlv by doing so. that just because you turned on rlv and wore the item you gave consent and now have to just deal with it and turning off rlv again is unfair/unsportsmanlike/cheating.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.