Asylum Habilis

I don't want a thigh gap!

I'm wearing a maitreya and I love mesh clothing, but the thigh gaps! It looks so odd on my shape! I suppose my only answer really is omni pants but I haven't found any that really look like jeans, either way I'd welcome shopping suggestions. Hopefully somewhere I can get realistic looking pants that don't chop off my inner thighs.

There is no reason to have a thigh gap --  it is just a "style".  You need to adjust your shape or try a different ready-made shape. It is not the Maitreya body :D or likely any other mesh body out there LOL.  Good luck. 

• Like 2

I'm having issues with the pants, not the body. The pants are formed in such a way that I have to hide my inner thigh or look like I have holes in the crotch of my pants. I'm perfectly happy with my maitreya and my shape, but when I demo pants, they expose the inner thigh. Even on supposed fitmesh which is why I'm demoing everything. I hide the inner thigh, I end up with a gap I don't like. I haven't been able to mod any demo pants to make them closer in the thighs, and don't want to buy some that I won't be able to get what I want. My shape and body are exactly what I want, but I don't want to be naked all the time.

I'd welcome your suggestions in modding the pants, if you have any suggestions in that area.

• Like 2

As far as I can tell the issue of thigh gap has to do with the amount of hip width you have on the body.  The wider the hips, the bigger the gap cause it pushes the legs out toward the outside..   so given that..  if clothing is made and rigged for a certain mesh body,  yup there might be issues with pants.  And since most mesh bodies do not have that wide hips thing,  then the parameters that designers have to work with when they rig the mesh, will not allow for extra wide hips.. thus the poke through on the thigh if the thighs are large as well..   It would be nice to have a user tool that actually works the way fitmesh is supposed too,  but alas no one has come up with anything like that yet. Having said that;  there are some designers who make pants purposely with a thigh gap,  no idea why, but they are out there..  I also demo all pants just so I don't end up with a thigh gap which btw I also hate.. lol.  Hope you find some that work for you.   

• Like 1

I find that certain brands artificially create that thigh gap in pants. I don't like thigh gap either so I'm very aware. One thing I do when demoing pants is hit the show all button on the alpha tab to see if my inner thighs are being alpha'd to the point of changing my shape. I don't buy pants that do that. Unfortunately, changing your shape with pants that do this will not prevent the thigh gap. 

• Like 1

Happily I don't try the brands that Blush does LOL.  There ARE still some brands that I see that add a bunch of "extra" to the posterior portion of the body.  I mean is we wanted that wouldn't we just make our shapes like that?     

and yes, I think hip width has a lot to do with the gap as well as "fat". So if you make very wide hips and very little fat you will have "that look".  

So get your shape the way you want it and avoid brands that do not conform to the body shape. Now that there are so many brands with the popular bodies, it shouldn't be that difficult to find some that work well for you.   

17 hours ago, Asylum Habilis said:

I'd welcome your suggestions in modding the pants, if you have any suggestions in that area.

You can't mod mesh in this way once it's uploaded.

Have you tried alpha-ing out the mesh body in that area and altering your body shape till the jeans suit you better? It might make more jeans workable. Depends in part on what you're aiming for as the outward appearance. I've had good luck with a flat butt shape but that's easy. With a thigh gap, it could be less obvious what you need to do and could well need a combination of changes. Good luck.

I believe the problem is just the jeans designer. Not all fitmesh jeans fit the mesh body exactly. There are many stores that sell Maitreya fitmesh jeans. Just go around and demo every pair of jeans you can find. Some are designed to fit your mesh body exactly.

You can just readjust your shape to make your hip width narrower and/or your legs thicker to hide the thigh gap. It's just a style, and rigged mesh is all adjustable so you can mess with your shape as much as you want until you don't have it if it's not your thing.

I've noticed on my shape I also have a small thigh gap (with my Maitreya body). I usually use my Slink Hourglass body and it's a good alternative without a big thigh gap...but it could also be the designer of whatever clothing you're using

I made my own shape that I wear with the Maitreya Body and sometimes the same shape for the Belleza Isis body.   No thigh gap on either  so it could be partly the shape.. AND definitely some mesh pants are made with an intentional thigh gap that is where a demo comes in very handy.. thigh gap and no way will I buy.. it is that simple.

• Like 1

cocoro Lemon makes a straight-leg bluejean (in lots of colours) that you might demo.  There are also lots of skintight jeans in that store that could create the thigh gap sitch but if you check out the straight-leg ones and the baggy ones they are all fairly generous in the cut and true-to-shape.  I feel comfortable in those jeans, anyway, without ever really noticing an insult to my personal shape.  I hope that helps a little.

17 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

cocoro Lemon makes a straight-leg bluejean (in lots of colours) that you might demo.  There are also lots of skintight jeans in that store that could create the thigh gap sitch but if you check out the straight-leg ones and the baggy ones they are all fairly generous in the cut and true-to-shape.  I feel comfortable in those jeans, anyway, without ever really noticing an insult to my personal shape.  I hope that helps a little.

So we can wear jeans and not look like we've given birth to an entire city's population? This is helpful to know, thank you.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

So we can wear jeans and not look like we've given birth to an entire city's population

I'm tempted to start selling baggy jeans just to use that for my ad-copy :D

26 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

I'm tempted to start selling baggy jeans just to use that for my ad-copy :D

I've hear men call it "Train-Tunnel Pelvis Gap" LOL But, as I understand it, that gap *usually* comes from child-birth (the way many in SL are creating it) - because a natural pelvic gap happens the skinnier you are, not the other way around. 🤣