trublbe with voodoo

LeoTheLoyal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I Have been going to the same sims for a few years one of witch has had the same nude beach skinny dip inn the name of the place and i went there after i had gone to this one club on an other sim named wet willies they had this voodoo security system eject and ban script prim and got ejected and banned from wet willies  for no reasion and now at any place that has this voodoo security rezed on the sim t automaticly ejects me from the sim and i'm unable to go o that sim  saying iv been banned from the sim by voodoo and it im me this message to get unbanned go to their web site to and it shows a link to this site i tried it but they never respond to my instant message i'm pretty sure its just a way to grife people and is against the LL TOS is there a way LInden can do anything about this at all its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them that person who is the one who made the voodoo security items really should be banned and all his stuff removed from the market place if its on sale there  i haven't looked though and anyone using it on their sim or have a store vender using it should remove it and or stop using it this is just BS i have people i go to these sims with some times and places they TP me to only to be ejected and banned by this scripted item im pretty sure there are others who have this same problem with this voodoo and its web site!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Cronix Byron said:

I just wonder who really knows if they even asked linden labs or not.

Even so  If I can not write notecards defaming you then they can not store information regarding people to ban them en masse because same attributes and causes applies.

So If I want to defame I just only need to write notecards and sell them in marketplace ?

I see it like that...

they don't need explicit permissions by LL, if they don't breach TOS or laws it's allowed, not different as any business in rl, if they don't break laws it's allowed to proceed business.
As the Voodoo website describes they do not share or publish personal information, not even public (!) visible ip.

i tried to find notecards on MP, but didn't see any related to this.

My advise would be: find likewise people, make a pot of money and start a lawsuit, it will be the only working solution for this kind of activities if it's found illegal. A ruling by the court will also be the only tool you can hand over to LL to force it to be deleted if it's not found as breach of TOS.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

33 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

they don't need explicit permissions by LL, if they don't breach TOS or laws it's allowed, not different as any business in rl, if they don't break laws it's allowed to proceed business.
As the Voodoo website describes they do not share or publish personal information, not even public (!) visible ip.

i tried to find notecards on MP, but didn't see any related to this. 

My advise would be: find likewise people, make a pot of money and start a lawsuit, it will be the only working solution for this kind of activities if it's found illegal. A ruling by the court will also be the only tool you can hand over to LL to force it to be deleted if it's not found as breach of TOS.

They say they do not publish or share. They could be lying for all I know. /me shrugs Why do I need to believe it? What reassurance is there? None

This of notecards is an example. I could write two notecards with lies and make a script to update it and then to say it is a security system. Technically the legality of the security system therefore would depend of the efficiency of the system and the way to repair errors not just me telling "its my security system woe woe respect it, I do destroy your privacy but do not worry woe woe trust me I will not handle it to anybody"

In regards to lawsuit, no idea if it´s even legal to sue something which passes through linden labs hands when it´s their infrastructure and virtual world etc etc

All I have see though is Vodoo does not have that much respect towards other Second Life citizens, maybe they should rectify that in the first place and show less arrogance.

Edited by Cronix Byron
  • Like 2

well it only banned just my main avatar account  only after a ether after i accdently clicked on a sploder ball as i was TPing into a club  or was a store in the clubs mall landing zone a few meters away from the club area that's when it put me on the voodoo ban list and i told the said clubs owner about it where it happened i wasn't banned from the club just the voodoo system via automated ban!

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So, how do they identify Alts?

Last I heard, this particular system ban doesn't domino to alt accounts.  The alt account has to get banned on its own.  Granted, I haven't talked to anyone about this system in a while, so they could have changed it or whomever didn't tell me the full scoop originally.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Voodoo isn't harvesting IP addresses Nalates. It's just a networked ban system. 

This isn't redzone.

They do identify people by ip addresses however and do take into account such ip address to decide if to ban or not (using subjective judgements therefore)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I correct this part I wrote. Seems threads should not be ordered based on votes maybe when people are arguing about the rules, else this does not make much sense... my bad.

Edited by Cronix Byron
Added: Two phrases.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cronix Byron said:

There is an inworld location where they have a button to get bans deleted. It only works in occasions. Try that.

Unless you already tried. If this does not work try again writing them in their website.

Is a bit of a problem. But, it is the Answers section and voting the best answer to the top is useful.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:
On 12/17/2018 at 7:22 PM, Cronix Byron said:

Seems threads should not be ordered based on votes

They don't need to be.  Go to the OP's post at the top of the thread and check the option to Sort By Date instead of Sort By Votes.

Side note - you will need to do that Sort every time you re-enter the thread or any other thread in Answers

On 12/16/2018 at 10:43 AM, LeoTheLoyal said:

I Have been going to the same sims for a few years one of witch has had the same nude beach skinny dip inn the name of the place and i went there after i had gone to this one club on an other sim named wet willies they had this voodoo security system eject and ban script prim and got ejected and banned from wet willies  for no reasion and now at any place that has this voodoo security rezed on the sim t automaticly ejects me from the sim and i'm unable to go o that sim  saying iv been banned from the sim by voodoo and it im me this message to get unbanned go to their web site to and it shows a link to this site i tried it but they never respond to my instant message i'm pretty sure its just a way to grife people and is against the LL TOS is there a way LInden can do anything about this at all its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them that person who is the one who made the voodoo security items really should be banned and all his stuff removed from the market place if its on sale there  i haven't looked though and anyone using it on their sim or have a store vender using it should remove it and or stop using it this is just BS i have people i go to these sims with some times and places they TP me to only to be ejected and banned by this scripted item im pretty sure there are others who have this same problem with this voodoo and its web site!

On 12/16/2018 at 12:09 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Avoid voodoo witches.

Its better to avoid reading an ugly text wall. Its like someone just spits into the forum and we have to clean it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

My suggestion would be to AR the maker of Voodoo every time you get banned from an new venue as, through his device, it's defaming you.

The problem with those networked security devices is... you are already whisked away once they publicly announce they removed you (yes some of them do so - which IMHO clearly constitutes as naming and shaming) - you cannot AR without seeing the evidence.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The problem with those networked security devices is... you are already whisked away once they publicly announce they removed you (yes some of them do so - which IMHO clearly constitutes as naming and shaming) - you cannot AR without seeing the evidence.

The very act of banning you is however ARable in this instance. You can AR because in some way shape or form, it -is- defaming the individual targeted. That's the price of hosting a vigilante system. Live by the sword, die by the sword.. or petard as the case may be.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

The very act of banning you is however ARable in this instance. You can AR because in some way shape or form, it -is- defaming the individual targeted.

in what way is it defaming?, Voodo doesn't publish any info, names or any other personal info.
There's no loss, harm or any negative effect other than slightly uncomfortable feelings by being banned/denied access to a sim for previous reasons at another location.

If it was reportable i'm pretty sure it would have be gone for very long time.

• Like 1

Network banning system are useful if you own a mass of sims and you want to save time and not having to visit every sim to do a ban,  I work with one currently and from what I know of the backend it does no media capture, so it's not collecting any outside information. 

But my advice talk to voodoo's in world support,  contact the venue people,  just ask nicely seeing what you did and seeing if you can appeal it, be chill though, dont lose your mind over it, there are a million and one places to enjoy yourself in SL.

Cronix Byron is absolutely right - why vote him down ? for writing the truth ? I know that myself : people don't want to read that !  Voodoo acts discriminating , only - and ruins the stores of some people - well , they hired them  so ... ? as a male I get that often they don't want you - but this goes too far and I will not turn into a fake Lesbian to go to a place ! this won't work anyway ;) 

Edited by YoSung

If this continues long enough the numbers in SL will continue to plummet to the point of the whole system becoming a cost and not a profit large enough worth continuing... LL needs to take a long hard look at why the numbers are in the 40ks now week after week when they used to be in the millions..

Voodoo systems are part of that reason list. I have been in SL since 2010 and I now own mainland and more than 1 full region.. but in my own club i couldn't vote using the vote box i owned! i was banned.. only recently did i take the time and action to figure out what this was about.. ive only been banned by one person ever in SL that i am aware of... and it was an ex who does not use Voodoo systems and i was actually on this ban list over a yr before we ever broke up... so i have no idea why i would be banned. well i jumped through their hoops and got un-banned. seems i was inactive??? really? heaven forbid you take a leave from SL you may never be allowed to come back!!!

wow imagine that... now all i want to do is attache my avatar to my voodoo acct but this part of this system still says i am banned. wtaf? i submit tickets and get idiocy.. system responses sent by incoherent customer service agents not fluent in human communication, and unintelligent repeating of the generic paragraphs in the FAQs section.

Im sorry. what a waste of my time. i tossed the vote box and am done with it. but here's the thing.. the loudest voice? ...is the one who leaves. Silence is deafening and the numbers in SL are dropping yr after yr and the end is coming if things like this system are continue to be allowed. My vote? dump the VooDoo systems and stand against the manipulation of others by an individual with a God complex running a voting system website.. bleh'

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

The only evidence we have about the OPs willingness to learn and abide by rules designed to show respect for others, is the OP, which includes no punctuation and no paragraph breaks, and ignores spellcheck. These are all pretty much mastered by second graders who respect those who will be reading. 

My conclusion is that it is not at all unlikely that the OP shows the same disdain for rules in SL he shows here in the forum. Now it may be that he is scrupulous everywhere but here, but there is nothing to lead to that conclusion.

I was banned as well for "entering into a sim" (legal sim) " joining a group" (legal group, for 2 minutes, and sandboxes need group to rezz objects and do all kind of normal things) "and using vpn" (legal usage too). (No, I was not harassing the sim, they just see the sim as enemies of Vodoo system, apparently. )

You should rather answer the problem and not the person who asks for help. He should write better but he is also obviously nervous.

6 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Wrong. There is no way to tell a persons skin color from looking at his avatar.

I can even know what you download from torrent lists by checking your ip alone (if you use, but there are more lists out there). In any case, your answer is a straw-man, they can know ethnicity by what they like groups etc.

Just imagine it as the "Cambridge Analytica" issue.

Edited by Cronix Byron
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Of course i don't know, but if Voodoo has registered by the local autorities, and keeps their privacy rules, there's nothing violated. No matter how loud there's yelled here. I'm pretty sure LL would have jumped on this long time ago if it would be.

I just wonder who really knows if they even asked linden labs or not.

Even so  If I can not write notecards defaming you then they can not store information regarding people to ban them en masse because same attributes and causes applies.

So If I want to defame I just only need to write notecards and sell them in marketplace ?

I see it like that...

No bashing you here Ethan, just speaking my mind now because I really wonder about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.