trublbe with voodoo

LeoTheLoyal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I Have been going to the same sims for a few years one of witch has had the same nude beach skinny dip inn the name of the place and i went there after i had gone to this one club on an other sim named wet willies they had this voodoo security system eject and ban script prim and got ejected and banned from wet willies  for no reasion and now at any place that has this voodoo security rezed on the sim t automaticly ejects me from the sim and i'm unable to go o that sim  saying iv been banned from the sim by voodoo and it im me this message to get unbanned go to their web site to and it shows a link to this site i tried it but they never respond to my instant message i'm pretty sure its just a way to grife people and is against the LL TOS is there a way LInden can do anything about this at all its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them that person who is the one who made the voodoo security items really should be banned and all his stuff removed from the market place if its on sale there  i haven't looked though and anyone using it on their sim or have a store vender using it should remove it and or stop using it this is just BS i have people i go to these sims with some times and places they TP me to only to be ejected and banned by this scripted item im pretty sure there are others who have this same problem with this voodoo and its web site!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sounds like you have been listed in a networked security system. These are not against the TOS and not seen as griefing. People who own clubs have every right to use them or any means to help police who is allowed to be on there property.

These devices share their ban lists with other clubs, and should you be banned in one venue you will be automatically banned in all others using the same device. Once you have been added there is not much you can do except do what is advised and to be very patient. Very patient, it can take weeks or months to be removed, if ever.

You might also have some luck talking to the venue that banned you and find out what you did wrong. If you can convince them you have learnt your lesson you might be allowed back.

It's super critical that you approach this like a reasonable adult as losing your temper in any way to anyone involved will ensure you remain in the database forever.

But even with all that you might be stuck on the ban-list forever. Lucky for you there are a lot of places who won't use this system. It might be time to explore more and find new places to hang out. Better places that make their own decisions on who is a good guest and who is causing problems.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, LeoTheLoyal said:

also the previous day at the same club i had bought an outfit from one of the stores but that shouldnt have had any thing to do with it but it happened the following day after i bought the outfit!

There is an inworld location where they have a button to get bans deleted. It only works in occasions. Try that.

Unless you already tried. If this does not work try again writing them in their website.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

You might also have some luck talking to the venue that banned you and find out what you did wrong. If you can convince them you have learnt your lesson you might be allowed back.

I think you are being overly optimistic that the region and system managers will remember who they banned and why. It is even more unlikely anyone will know why the ban was placed if it was an automated ban.

Associating IP Addresses and avatar names and sharing that information is verging on a ToS problem. We have had networked security systems, like RedZone, that shared information banned from SL. The trick here is getting the insider info on what is being shared.

In the RedZone era detectors, like GreenZone, were gaining popularity and people avoided regions using RedZone. Once detectors were prevalent the debate heated up. See RedZone HUD Forced To Ask to Reveal Alt Accounts. (2011) So, maybe we need a VooDoo detector.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

that;s nothing special as LL simcode uses (or used, not completely sure it's still in place)that too in their region banning, i'm not sure about parcel level. Normally the altban would be lifted after a while.

It can be totally possible when they are actually banned from the sim, ánd added to Voodoo, only the real simban activates the alt ban.
If voodoo works with the avatar key it's not comparable to Redzone.

voodoo itself says:

Can I see peoples IP address and their alt avatars?
A: No, Voodoo doesn't disclose any information other than informing in local chat when an avatar is ejected.

So that;s a big difference with Redzone, who made the ip lists publicly available.

But the Redzone Drama was before GDPR... ;)

totally different beast nowadays

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

in what way is it defaming?, Voodo doesn't publish any info, names or any other personal info.
There's no loss, harm or any negative effect other than slightly uncomfortable feelings by being banned/denied access to a sim for previous reasons at another location.

If it was reportable i'm pretty sure it would have be gone for very long time.

The fact that it bans you says something negative about you to a venue owner. The owner of the system is pretty spiteful and added folk to the list back in the greenzone/redzone days that were in the greenzone group or had an opinion (on that other forum we can't name) of the system.

I might be on his ban list. I don't know and I don't care. I've yet to be anyplace that even has his system in the intervening years, but if I ever do, and it bans me, I'll be filing that AR.

• Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, Roxy Couturier said:

The owner of the system is pretty spiteful and added folk to the list back in the greenzone/redzone days that were in the greenzone group or had an opinion (on that other forum we can't name) of the system.

This bears repeating. The creator of the system added people to the list manually that he didn't like, for all sorts of various reasons- including joining groups to get their member list, just to add the whole list.

That said, most intelligent people know not to use these types of systems, so there's plenty of other sims to visit, and that's your best option. Just go somewhere else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

they are the most rude people on SL : I am banned for 4 years on a special sim - they say I am not banned and when I write to voodoo - they only get rude and insulting --my female avi was often on that sim only male avi gets banned and I may not even buy stuff from them -- I wish they would know what voodoo does on their behalf ! I am even not able to buy stuff from that sim via MP and a friend who wanted to send me a gift also got banned - these people play god :(  and it's a fact - they are very strict towards male avis - which often happens on SL !

Edited by YoSung
extra text entered

On 12/17/2018 at 2:14 AM, Cronix Byron said:

I was banned as well for "entering into a sim" (legal sim) " joining a group" (legal group, for 2 minutes, and sandboxes need group to rezz objects and do all kind of normal things) "and using vpn" (legal usage too). (No, I was not harassing the sim, they just see the sim as enemies of Vodoo system, apparently. )

Look, you don't seem to have grasped the central fact of Second Life:

He Who Owns the Land, Makes the Rules.

It does not matter what you have done.  Any landowner can ban you for ANY reason, or even NO REASON AT ALL.  So all your arguments about "I wasn't doing anything wrong" don't matter.  You didn't have to be doing anything.

Now, I don't like the Voodoo security system.  If you get banned by someone using it, the ban may also extend to every other landowner who uses the system, and believes "better safe than sorry."  I think this is unfair...but it's permitted by the Terms of Service.  Your only recourse is to POLITELY message, or send a notecard to, the owner of a place where you have been banned, and POLITELY request to be un-banned.  The owner doesn't have to do it, but you may get lucky.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LeoTheLoyal said:

its to the point its getting to really make me so angery that i want to well take things into my own hands and find out who these scumbags are in RL and do really bad stuff to them

I'd say to need to talk to someone about your anger issues - and most definitely do not even attempt trying to find them or do anything to them, in RL or SL.  You definitely need to chill out here in SL.  There is nothing in SL that should work you up that much.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sounds like you have been listed in a networked security system. These are not against the TOS and not seen as griefing. People who own clubs have every right to use them or any means to help police who is allowed to be on there property. 

This is just your interpretation. I was banned by Vodoo security system in one occasion too.

They ban people based on subjective stuff like "entering into a sim one time" "entering into one group one time" and "using vpn".

This means they can ban you for existing as well or creating an avatar with a name they don't like, a hairstyle they don't like etc etc

This can enter into defamation category and harassment and intolerance in fact. (I do not need to explain t why I use vpn or not, we are not in Third Reich and ips are something only LindenLabs should be allowed to use in the first place not some random guy who has no idea about cybersecurity)

But for Leo what matters is... that you need to actually find  a way for Vodoo to unban you. I would go inworld to their sim and talk to some official in there. Try to explain you never trolled anybody and that's it. Maybe if you are lucky they will delete the ban.

If not, explain in a report to Linden Labs that you are being harassed by Vodoo security system, defamed grid way through the usage of their system which falsely advertises the capacity to ban grieffers en masse when in fact it just bans random people for a multitude of useless reasons while advertising the contrary.

Afterwards report any person who supports Vodoo for the most pitiful TOS violation you ever encounter. You know when you are enforcing TOS you must actually not to commit TOS violations yourself in the first place.

To note: I was able to have my ban lifted but the person who handled it was really rude and no professional at all (he/she basically insulted me in the first place). I just pardon them this once because I do not want troubles or headaches but this is the truth.

Edited by Cronix Byron
Typo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Cronix Byron said:

This is ....................the truth.

could skip everything in your post except these words.

A land/sim/estate/club/house/store (and so on) owner can deny access to ANY account, at ANY time, for ANY or even NONE reason at all.
TOS isn't violated by that.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

could skip everything in your post except these words. 

A land/sim/estate/club/house/store (and so on) owner can deny access to ANY account, at ANY time, for ANY or even NONE reason at all.
TOS isn't violated by that.

You can skip all you want but it will because you don´t read well.

I never said owners could not ban whoever they wanted, I say that defamation, harassment and intolerance is a TOS violation it does not matter if you are the owner or not.

To use devices to store information and to falsely advertise this data belongs to grieffers and trolls when it´s not true therefore enters into harassment, defamation and intolerance article.

Owners can ban but Vodoo security system can not lie.

Owner can ban but can not defame.

Owners can also ban every "black skinned person" of Second Life and they will be allowed... until they get reported and guess linden labs ban them for intolerance.

Etc etc.

Edited by Cronix Byron
  • Like 1

The only evidence we have about the OPs willingness to learn and abide by rules designed to show respect for others, is the OP, which includes no punctuation and no paragraph breaks, and ignores spellcheck. These are all pretty much mastered by second graders who respect those who will be reading.

My conclusion is that it is not at all unlikely that the OP shows the same disdain for rules in SL he shows here in the forum. Now it may be that he is scrupulous everywhere but here, but there is nothing to lead to that conclusion.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Cronix Byron said:

Owners can also ban every "black skinned person" of Second Life and they will be allowed... until they get reported and guess linden labs ban them for intolerance.

Wrong. There is no way to tell a persons skin color from looking at his avatar.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

AFAIK this particular system does automatic "alt" detection and bans suspected alts that use the affiliated sploders ...

that;s nothing special as LL simcode uses (or used, not completely sure it's still in place)that too in their region banning, i'm not sure about parcel level. Normally the altban would be lifted after a while.

It can be totally possible when they are actually banned from the sim, ánd added to Voodoo, only the real simban activates the alt ban.
If voodoo works with the avatar key it's not comparable to Redzone.

voodoo itself says:

Can I see peoples IP address and their alt avatars?
A: No, Voodoo doesn't disclose any information other than informing in local chat when an avatar is ejected.

So that;s a big difference with Redzone, who made the ip lists publicly available.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

18 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

But the Redzone Drama was before GDPR... ;)

totally different beast nowadays

yes, but RZ shared the information about IP and names, and reveiled alt names,  Voodoo seems only to show avatar names to the one that actually bans one, those aren't protected as long there's no additional information publicly connected. Of course i don't know, but if Voodoo has registered by the local autorities, and keeps their privacy rules, there's nothing violated. No matter how loud there's yelled here. I'm pretty sure LL would have jumped on this long time ago if it would be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.