it wont login or open

TornadoEve1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, so I downloaded this game yesterday and have been playing okay. However, today when I was playing, it randomly frezzed and I could not click on anything else. I tried everything. I uninstalled it and installed it again a couple of times of it still wont load, it will get stuck on the "loading" page and I really dont know what to do. I love this game, Im kind of already addicted to it but it really frustrated me that I cant open it and play it. Please help. 

Screenshot (43).png

Second Life Release 6.0.1.522263 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2711.99 MHz)
Memory: 8107 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6323
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6323

Window size: 1366x705
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 4
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB

VFS (cache) creation time: December 16 2018 00:33:51

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.64
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
December 16 2018 12:13:17

It does appear it to be that bug, any way to fix it?

Edited by TornadoEve1

15 hours ago, TornadoEve1 said:

It does appear it to be that bug, any way to fix it?

Yeah I agree, you have an affected Intel graphics card & driver version.
The fix needs to come from Intel because it's a driver bug - LL have filed a bug report with Intel.

For now, the only fix is to roll your Intel graphics driver back to version 24.20.100.6025

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, TornadoEve1 said:

Second Life Release 6.0.1.522263 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2711.99 MHz)
Memory: 8107 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6323
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6323

Window size: 1366x705
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 4
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 512MB

I may be missing something, and without doubt what Whirly suggests is correct, but.... a bandwidth of 3000Kbit/sec is WAY too high, especially since your graphics setting are fairly low.  I'd question the LOD factor too...1.125 seems far too low, 2.000 to 3.000 would be more appropriate. 

A bandwidth of much above 1.200 kbits/sec is ambitious even on a good fibre connection and on anything else 1,000 should be the max.  It looks as though your PC is waiting for data that will never arrive at the rate you have set.  I assume you are not using a WiFi connection, but if you ARE..500kbit/sec should be tops.

Edited by Aishagain

3 hours ago, Aishagain said:

I'd question the LOD factor too...1.125 seems far too low, 2.000 to 3.000 would be more appropriate.

Well, but I don't think that could cause the basic viewer failure experienced by the OP. Also, some of us intentionally run with the default low LOD factor because that improves rendering performance at the expense of revealing poorly made mesh (and sculpties). Some creators may suggest higher LOD factors, but that's really not an endorsement of their modeling skill. (It's fine, however, to temporarily crank up the LOD as high as it will go for static photography of long viewing depth scenes; if it takes a while for all that to rez, nobody's harmed.)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, Qie Niangao said:

Well, but I don't think that could cause the basic viewer failure experienced by the OP. Also, some of us intentionally run with the default low LOD factor because that improves rendering performance at the expense of revealing poorly made mesh (and sculpties). Some creators may suggest higher LOD factors, but that's really not an endorsement of their modeling skill. (It's fine, however, to temporarily crank up the LOD as high as it will go for static photography of long viewing depth scenes; if it takes a while for all that to rez, nobody's harmed.)

Perhaps you, Qie, and Minuet know more about how object LOD works, but I seriously doubt that most mesh and sculpties are so poorly made that an LOD of less than 2.5 causes much of many regions not to rez properly.  In over 10 years in SL and possibly due to my Windoze/Intel/NVidia hardware, I have never found an LOD below 2 to give other than a very poor representation of SL.  As you might say..."Just sayin'.

But no, I doubt that on its own it explains the OP's problem.

Edited by Aishagain
clarification

1 hour ago, Aishagain said:

I have never found an LOD below 2 to give other than a very poor representation of SL

Sadly true. Although one eventually gets used to having to cam in close to see what that jumble of geometry must be.

You may find the Firestorm Build Tool interesting in examining the different LOD levels of meshes. This is an early write-up of that feature. (Admittedly, I use Firestorm much less than most folks do, so I'm no expert on how any of it works, but it seemed cool the few times I played with it.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.