Avalyn Valeska

Bento Sex Beds.....best ones?

about the quality of the bed

i would have to check but am pretty sure this mesh bed (like a lot of other furniture) is just a prop. The animation system is in a root prim. To change to another bed unlink the root prim and link another prop bed to it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

about the quality of the bed

i would have to check but am pretty sure this mesh bed (like a lot of other furniture) is just a prop. The animation system is in a root prim. To change to another bed unlink the root prim and link another prop bed to it

You also can just shop for one of these: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Adult-Bed-Engine-for-Gacha-and-Others/15951883

• Like 1

Well to be honest, the Ruckus furniture has some of the nicest (bento) animations I've seen, but they are mixed with some of the silliest and weird poses. And since they just number the animations instead of naming, there's no real way to keep them apart. Kinda messes up the feeling so to say if you go from using a really good sensual one, and then switch and end up looking like some acrobat doing nearly impossible exercises.

Makes me wonder if the creator just needed to fill up the bed and did not want to put in more efforts making good animations.

In general, I find Stockholm & Lima having really good animations, though they have been using the same for way to long now. Would be nice if some new ones came out. Same with Rawwage, great quality, but same old for so long and way to expensive for reused animations.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:42 PM, Shandi Varriale said:

He's ( reguster) got a new bed release on June 1st. OMG, these are are the best animations I've ever played with in SL, I'm blown away and hope he keeps producing more products.

In world test: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Refugio/101/137/69/

Thank you for posting this Nalates.

The inworld test has moved to: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gianno/125/113/601

Def some terrific animations. Nice to see a couple that I like IRL that I so rarely see in SL scripting. And it's mod, so you can change out the admittedly bland textures.

Side note re mod: the bed itself seems a little smaller than most. I found it's possible to stretch it a little larger, without affecting the relative position of the poses.

Stockholm&Lima & Dutchie both have nice furniture, I have several things from both of those stores, though they are a bit pricey.  Anam Cara Designs is a store I recently came across that has a couple of really well done beds with tons of animations.  The menu's are laid out well so it's not hard to find what you need & everything is priced well.  They also have a few other items you don't see everyday that are fun & the customer service was excellent when I had a question.

• Like 1

My answer to this would be Stockholm & Lima by far, approximately any of their beds. Fantastic animations ranging from romantic to rather carnal, the best ones I've seen in-world. I use the "Always" one myself. That the beds also *look amazing* is a huge bonus.

Edited by Cinos Field

We bought the "K-Ks KING PLAZA ANIMESH SEX BED"  Pretty good and has sexy animesh Figures that pop out and you can play with :) 

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

My answer to this would be Stockholm & Lima by far, approximately any of their beds. Fantastic animations ranging from romantic to rather carnal, the best ones I've seen in-world. I use the "Always" one myself. That the beds also *look amazing* is a huge bonus.

But none of them are have Bento animations, just the same old bulk-order animations everybody else has (especially the ones made by Sylva Petrov, they're extremely recognizable). The visual of the bed itself is the only upside.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

12 hours ago, PhilGalaxi said:

We bought the "K-Ks KING PLAZA ANIMESH SEX BED"  Pretty good and has sexy animesh Figures that pop out and you can play with :) 

Those characters are sexy? I've seen better looking system avatars from 2009.

10 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

But none of them are have Bento animations, just the same old bulk-order animations everybody else has (especially the ones made by Sylva Petrov, they're extremely recognizable). The visual of the bed itself is the only upside.

If Sylva was alive today, I'm sure we would have better content to work with. There's only a handful of people making decent animations now, enough that I can count on half a hand.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Quite a few things get sold as "bento animations" and when you look, you discover 2 of the 397 animations are bento... the rest are from one of the kits that went full perms back in 1907...

I would suggest people instead do this the hard way...

Get the AV Sitter system off of github.

Shop for copyable animations from animation shops

Buy a mesh furniture item that looks good, even if it's unscripted.

- put it all together yourself.

Handy trick: do it once into a single prim... then just copy that prim around all the furniture in your build, and add/remove animations to taste. Link the prim to a piece of furniture, set it to default action of sit, and name it for what it all looks like.

- This is hard to do the first time, but once you have that prim, you can toss out a dozen different pieces of furniture a day... All perfectly set up to you and your 'frequent flyers'... :P

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Get the AV Sitter system off of github.

Shop for copyable animations from animation shops

Buy a mesh furniture item that looks good, even if it's unscripted.

- put it all together yourself.

Handy trick: do it once into a single prim... then just copy that prim around all the furniture in your build, and add/remove animations to taste. Link the prim to a piece of furniture, set it to default action of sit, and name it for what it all looks like.

- This is hard to do the first time, but once you have that prim, you can toss out a dozen different pieces of furniture a day... All perfectly set up to you and your 'frequent flyers'... :P

It's what I've done. I have hundreds of animations all neatly organized in my inventory from when I've ripped apart any furniture I've had and only saving the animations I personally think are "good quality." It's a process, but not the worst one.

Pro-tip: You can even copy animations into your inventory from furniture that is no-modify. All you need is the copy permission.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Pro-tip: You can even copy animations into your inventory from furniture that is no-modify. All you need is the copy permission.

This is where I got 99% of the animations in my inventory, and I very rarely use the objects that contained the animations. Often as not, I bury the anims in objects nobody would consider "furniture" and may not even be rezzed unless somebody interacts with other objects in the scene. Long way from /1 hide, /1 show poseballs.

But I have to say I don't know that I notice whether an animation is Bento or not. Sometimes it's obvious but I guess I don't care? There's a popular batch of Bento facial animations, though, that look so totally unlike what they're supposed to portray -- even worse than the old built-in expressions -- that they make me giggle every time. (And something funky about the script that is often used to activate them, leaving the avatar in a kind of perpetual scowl/grimace/Joker-face until manually stopped.) I haven't quite decided how to handle furniture-imposed facial animations with Bento; maybe this is what the better Bento beds get right?

[ ETA: forgot to mention: another option to leaving that self-populated animation prim linked to your target furniture is to use the AVpos-shifter script to move in the animations. It doesn't usually save much LI to get rid of that prim (0.5 Server weight usually doesn't count), but I do this to merge-in animations from multiple disposable furniture sources, as a first cut at positioning them for the target object's AVpos.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I haven't quite decided how to handle furniture-imposed facial animations with Bento; maybe this is what the better Bento beds get right?

Nope.

The problem is that it becomes mesh head specific.

Animations that work for Brand A will have your tongue come out your left eye on Brand B.

Today I actually built an 'expressions HUD' - load it with the facial animations of your choice and furniture will animate your face as desired.

Right now the list of animations is in the script, and I've made 2 versions for 2 different sets of animations I have.

I have a third one for sale that is Catwa specific - it uses the Catwa facial animations as furniture expressions.

Once I have my new HUD working through a notecard I'll put it out - what's got me conflicted is for one kit of animations I run 2 animations as a time for some expressions - and I'm mulling over the best way to read that in from a notecard without making the HUD bloated. Right now it uses 15kb and has almost no script time, and I want to keep it that way or someone might as well use the HUD I ripped my animations from instead...

(that said, they would still need to buy that HUD, and then just rip the anims out of it and put them in my HUD instead, for a less laggy experience... So that's a value gain most people don't appreciate... so I'm not even sure there's a userbase for it beyond me.)

Anyway...

The market right now boils down to a choice between these two:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BENTO-EXPRESSION-HUD-V13-box/11827184
(one versions on MP, but 2 versions inworld - the second versions being for different heads).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HD-bento-Facial-expression-HUD-BENTO-poseao/11027732

And my Catwa specific thing sadly reveals that Catwa animations are way too subtle for this purpose...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

Makes me wonder if the creator just needed to fill up the bed and did not want to put in more efforts making good animations.

Even if Ruckus would sell a 1000 bento animation bed for 100 LD: Silly number menu - no purchase.
I want to know what will happen when pressing a button.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Even if Ruckus would sell a 1000 bento animation bed for 100 LD: Silly number menu - no purchase.
I want to know what will happen when pressing a button.

You haven't even looked at the Ruckus bed.
e36c4b62a2.png

Not like those words are any more descriptive... You can't do it in such a small space, especially when all of the animations just get lumped into one menu labeled "SEX."

What position is "Don't flinch?" BackShot A/B? Bodyguard? NoRetreat? Butterfly? You can't even begin to guess until you've seen them, and then it's just memorization. But you can memorize a set of numbers just as easily as a set of characters, they're all just symbols and mnemonics.

The original couch which was numbers-only had everything in sub-categories.
e19ff41752.png

So no matter if you can't remember the exact numbers, you'll know roughly what all of the animations inside of those categories will be like, besides Misc.

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You haven't even looked at the Ruckus bed.

I just remember having used a similar furniture recently. And the menu only gave me numbers to choose from.
Maybe i was wrong accusing Ruckus (just had that name in my mind after Zeta mentioned it), but i still woulnt buy such things, not matter who is the creator.

8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What position is "Don't flinch?" BackShot A/B? NoRetreat? Butterfly?

Come on. :) You get no idea just by reading that descriptions?
Dont flinch sounds like i shouldnt choose it, if i want to see a gentle and romantic pose.
Backshot could tell me i have to wash my hairs soon.
Butterfly, well, thats not so easy. But i imagine my arms are grabbed and held behind my back.
If you prefer to memorize 34f, 78d and 13a instead, fine. But that doesnt work for me that well.

12 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

So no matter if you can't remember the exact numbers, you'll know roughly what all of the animations inside of those categories will be like, besides Misc.

You are right, i cant remember the meaning of the number, and even more, i dont want to be forced to remember this numbers? Why should i? I drive my car for 3 years now, and im still happy about all the categorized named buttons and switches on the dashboard.

Got something for you ;)

keyboard.jpg

As a touch typist, that's not even a challenge. If I ever get comparably practiced in adult animations, I'll question my life choices.

I have wondered, though, why there aren't more (any?) furniture items that use temp-attached HUDs with low-res pictures of animations instead of cryptic/clever names. Even better, web HUDs with animated gifs -- if only attached MoaP actually worked and could be trusted. I guess even low-res pictures could take some time to load.

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I just remember having used a similar furniture recently. And the menu only gave me numbers to choose from.

You're thinking of Ruckus' Smash Couch.

24 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

As a touch typist, that's not even a challenge. If I ever get comparably practiced in adult animations, I'll question my life choices.

I have wondered, though, why there aren't more (any?) furniture items that use temp-attached HUDs with low-res pictures of animations instead of cryptic/clever names. Even better, web HUDs with animated gifs -- if only attached MoaP actually worked and could be trusted. I guess even low-res pictures could take some time to load.

Because who wants to look at images on an HUD when they can just look at themselves animated? If it's a sex bed, they should have little reservations, heh.

Just now, Lucia Nightfire said:

Because who wants to look at images on an HUD when they can just look at themselves animated? If it's a sex bed, they should have little reservations, heh.

Performance anxiety.

Got something for you ;)

Every post I write on the forum (including all of the scripting I do), I do by having my head turned about 45 degrees away from the keyboard because my browser is on my second (side) monitor. Sometimes I do it in a pitch-black room. (Yay night-owls!) I could use that keyboard just fine.

Dont flinch sounds like i shouldnt choose it, if i want to see a gentle and romantic pose.
Backshot could tell me i have to wash my hairs soon.
Butterfly, well, thats not so easy. But i imagine my arms are grabbed and held behind my back.

I wouldn't recommend Ruckus for anything romantic, but "Don't flinch" is actually a pretty gentle animation.
The "Backshot" animation doesn't imply shooting anything onto your back. It's more of a "twerk with a split."
"Butterfly" is actually the top holding the bottom's legs up, while the bottom lays on their back.

You didn't get any of those right (and you can check for yourself in the store), even if I kind of granted you the Backshot one because it was "almost close enough."

49 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

You're in luck! It's expensive, non-bento, but very good.
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DOS-Curvature-Modern-Leather-Sex-Couch-v10/15065280

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I wouldn't recommend Ruckus for anything romantic, but "Don't flinch" is actually a pretty gentle animation.
The "Backshot" animation doesn't imply shooting anything onto your back. It's more of a "twerk with a split."
"Butterfly" is actually the top holding the bottom's legs up, while the bottom lays on their back.

You didn't get any of those right (and you can check for yourself in the store), even if I kind of granted you the Backshot one because it was "almost close enough."

There is no reason to verify what you said. I just believe you.
But that still doesnt change the fact, that numbers are probably the worst way to name a huge pile of animations.
I mean, whats next? Morse code? .. / .- -- / - --- --- / .-.. .- --.. -.-- / - --- / -.-. .-. . .- - . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. / .... ..- -.. / -... ..- - - --- -. ...
Or Windings? Well, Ascii art would work :)

46 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

"twerk with a split."

Ahhh yeah, jerking it where she’s twerking it.

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You're thinking of Ruckus' Smash Couch.

[Ruckus] Let's Smash Couch V2 eliminated the numbered animations, they have names now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

[Ruckus] Let's Smash Couch V2 eliminated the numbered animations, they have names now.

Then I will have to update the model my Animesh playmates app uses.