Missing item in my inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i have a problem i transfer a Lost and found item from my one avatar to an Avatar that i log on with luminya app because the item wouldnt rez out one the items was no copy i thought maybe it would rez out if i transfer it anyway i transfer it to luminya app on my other account and it saved but it no where to be seen in my inventorys in either them in case it went back to my old account but it hasnt thing is it was no copy item the creator is no longer on sl :( and i can not get the item again its for my sl business anyway i have try everything u can possible think of ive contacted linden lab ask them they suggested to clear caches and log into none laggy sim which i did that and aslo try it numberous times i even  try to reinstall it and i even try to clear my caches on luminya app to incase it was on there either but it wasnt does anyone else have any good ideas our know aaway i can get it bac :(

I would suggest logging in on the SL viewer to a quiet region, allow all you inventory to load then using the exact name of the item search your invent for it.  If I remember rightly when I used the lumyia app it didn't always save stuff to the folder I expected it to.  It sounds like you have already done most of this but you don't say if you are using the exact name of the item to search for it. 

Install another viewer - Firestorm or Catzip maybe - and check there.  Sometimes a single viewer inventory cache can get messed up and typical clear/cleanup methods don't fix it.  If you can see the item in another viewer, then we can help you with fixing things so that you see it in the SL viewer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wyson said:

Okay I try firestorm catzip singularity not any joy in finding it thank you very much though .

Sounds like you are going to have to chalk this up to an item lost in the sl void.  Was it something very expensive?  Can it be replaced?

Recheck lost and found.   See if you have a coalesced object (w/ the permissions of the lost item).   The icon looks almost like the object cube, but a little corner is missing out of it.    If a set of objects is returned at one time,  it can be mushed in there, and another object has the name.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wyson said:

Okay I try firestorm catzip singularity not any joy in finding it thank you very much though .

Side note for future reference -- If you are having difficulty with a No Copy item, definitely do not try to transfer it until the difficulty is cleared up.  Try all of the various inventory fix-it tricks, including checking here on the forums for more suggestions, first. 

One final note -- sometimes when a No Copy item is rezzed and it has problems, it ends up at the sim location of 0,0,0 - so you could go check that location.  Also, if it is "lost", it will sometimes come back after roughly 24 hours and end up either in lost & found or finally showing as rezzed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wyson said:

Okay thanks I go check to see yes I think I might have to to yes it was very expensive  it was apart my business and the creator is no longer on SL  to get it replaced the whole system cost me 15k 

Usually it’s not worth trying all the different ways there are to recover inventory but in your case it might be. I have a webpage where I collect useful tips for doing that. https://lagalleriasl.com/recovering-inventory/   It’s not exhaustive, tho — like I don’t remember if I added that tip LittleMe gave  you.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I would suggest logging in on the SL viewer to a quiet region, allow all you inventory to load then using the exact name of the item search your invent for it.  If I remember rightly when I used the lumyia app it didn't always save stuff to the folder I expected it to.  It sounds like you have already done most of this but you don't say if you are using the exact name of the item to search for it. 

Cindy was it still in your luminya when you search for it save when it didn't save to the right folder mine save But it was no were to be seen even when I use the search bit

Edited by wyson

1 hour ago, wyson said:

Cindy was it still in your luminya when you search for it save when it didn't save to the right folder mine save But it was no were to be seen even when I use the search bit

Yes I found it somewhere, just not where I expected.  It was a while ago now I just remember lumyia said save here and I said yes without paying much attention until I went back to it later and had to search all over for it

Hi everyone one okay I have an issue the item I lost I found it on luminya app when I try to Rez it says object failed to Rez and it copy's it self in the inventory and when I try to transfer It it says failed to but when I search on normal viewer our look for it it's no where to be found I can't get it to Rez on luminya  but it's definitely there anyone got any ideas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.