Alpha sorting different for Rigged Items

Leviathan Flux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These two models/textures are identical, but the one on the right is static, while the one on the left is rigged.  I am using alpha blending for both, but the rigged one is showing edges differently for some reason, which I would like to get rid of.  Any idea why or how to go about fixing it?  I would rather not have to use alpha masking on it.

VxQLBJU.png

For anyone interested, seems to be working now.

I tried sorting the vertices order though that didnt seem to help.  It seems that it may have been a scaling issue as I had brought it into SL in centimeter scale then multiplied it by 100 in the SL upload window.  I am guessing it wasn't doing a good job since it worked after I adjusted the scale before trying to upload it. 

Actually, it seems it was the scale as well as the vertex order.  The layers of the hair on the bottom and inside needed to be lower in the vertices list.  If you use Maya, for a single piece of mesh, you can do this with the vertex order tool, or what I did, it just depends on what order you select each mesh when combining them, so I selected the lower layers first then the outer and combined them. 

• Thanks 3

The scaling would probably lead to rounding errors. The vertex ordering is key, this is something that the onion skin body and head makers have been exploiting for years. It's more a fluke than anything else really. Fluke may be a bit strong but relying on the ordering of vertices to make something render properly is a pretty fragile foundation you can see a point in the future where it all goes horribly pear-shaped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.