SL Mesh Men are a Bunch of Hotties!

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

The Aesthetic look is not one I get into.

The necks are too thick, the heads too small, and the shoulders too wide.

f05e0918884ce31073df312f3740a6ba.png.b234e4d5a8448530e977bd42dcba208d.png

Well, I don't get it?  It's modifiable, isn't it?

9 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Where are you people shopping?! Can’t find anything other than micro minis, freakum dresses and harnesses....really?

Theres...many stores that don’t cater to that.

And, at janetosilio, who said "Where are you people shopping?!"

I dunno, Frederick's of Hollywood, I think!  (half joking)

I shop both on Marketplace and Inworld.  On Marketplace though, the "too skimpies" are on the landing page, the checkout page, the category page.

I can understand why some choose the harnesses and skimpy clothes though, and that reason is for photographs because there is less chance of any body part poking through the clothes when in certain poses.   

I know, they are chosen for other reasons too...but I can understand the appeal for photographs because the less clothing, the less frustration of body poking through clothing.  

Like this for example:

Snapshot_093 (2).png

Edited by FairreLilette

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, I don't get it?  It's modifiable, isn't it?

Modifyable to a point. Both the Aesthetic and Gianni to an extent have very large biceps.

This means that even if you set the torso thickness sliders to 0 there is still a remnant shape. And of course this means you need a certain shoulder width to balance it. And a certain shoulder width means you need a certain height.

The Aesthetic shape is mod, but the proprtions of the mesh means it really doesn't work unless you aim for the look towards what is in that drawing. It needs to be close to 3 meters tall to balance the biceps, and this means that the head ends up too small, even at 100 size it's going to be a pea-sized head.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

Modifyable to a point. Both the Aesthetic and Gianni to an extent have very large biceps.

This means that even if you set the torso thickness sliders to 0 there is still a remnant shape. And of course this means you need a certain shoulder width to balance it. And a certain shoulder width means you need a certain height.

The Aesthetic shape is mod, but the proprtions of the mesh means it really doesn't work unless you aim for the look towards what is in that drawing. It needs to be close to 3 meters tall to balance the biceps, and this means that the head ends up too small, even at 100 size it's going to be a pea-sized head.

turn down the torso muscles, narrow the body thickness, thin the neck and use a catwa head.. boom.. non pea head toned male body.. 

drake_001.png

I'll disagree with a few things:

- Aesthetic bodies are the least customizable and there's a huge factory of clones for them, you can literally go to any adult sim and see the same avatar on 5 different accounts;
- Male hair is basically this. I see this hipster combo way too often too. Looks nice? It does. But after the 40th avatar I see wearing it all the guys have been looking quite the same for some time now (at least for me):
 Side-cut-and-full-beard-hipster-haircut. 

- Male clothing ALSO clips, less than girl's depending on the shape of the outfit. It's harder to see a guy wearing skirts or long pieces of fabric that might clip depending on how you sit. There are a LOT of stores with decent clothing for women. From casual to sexy and even the most elegant/classy styles, this is mostly a matter of searching. I usually prefer casual clothing so I don't kow much about elegant wear but you can start with Just Because, they have really nice dresses.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Angled head down makes it too hard to see. If you throw it on a pose stand with the camera straight ahead, head to toe visible, arms at the side then proportions can be seen properly.

I won't offend you with a critique, as it's what you like.

I have several human mesh avs.. It wont offend me if you dont like this one. I'm just showing it can be done. BTW, this av is only 6'6"

drake_002.png

You did well :) 

• 8:1 body
  • shoulders same as head
  • Your hips are a little narrow - although this is an ideal for Aesthetic - and they are not overly narrow. It's artistic.
  • Your arms are really short, I'd say 1 head too short in fact, but it needs a proper prim measurement.
  • Your hands and feet look like they could be correctly sized too, although I can't see 100% to be sure.

I guess, he is ~240 centimeters (7'11") measured with a prim?

drake_002.thumb.png.9aa76765e05145dfb38cf96063fada1d.png.8c976f9c11602796ffba99d462137379.png

41 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

194 cm measured by prim.. 6'4".. I did lengthen the arms a bit.,.. So, it is possible to have a non Arnold Aesthetic body.. I do dislike the enzo head personally.. Main reason i went with the catwa.. victor i think.. 

drake_004.png

Gorgeous!  I love the detail of the hands and feet.  I want that too!  

1 hour ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I'll disagree with a few things:

- Aesthetic bodies are the least customizable and there's a huge factory of clones for them, you can literally go to any adult sim and see the same avatar on 5 different accounts;
- Male hair is basically this. I see this hipster combo way too often too. Looks nice? It does. But after the 40th avatar I see wearing it all the guys have been looking quite the same for some time now (at least for me):
 Side-cut-and-full-beard-hipster-haircut. 

- Male clothing ALSO clips, less than girl's depending on the shape of the outfit. It's harder to see a guy wearing skirts or long pieces of fabric that might clip depending on how you sit. There are a LOT of stores with decent clothing for women. From casual to sexy and even the most elegant/classy styles, this is mostly a matter of searching. I usually prefer casual clothing so I don't kow much about elegant wear but you can start with Just Because, they have really nice dresses.

There are a lot more "artistic" hairs for men that I have seen with all different kinds of half shaves.

Adding in some photos BUT look at the photo with the men and the women with unisex hair, the one with the long hair, the man's nose is better shaded...just more detail in the male skins overall.  

Taking a cue from some of the men to search out a hair not so run-of-the-mill.   I have found a "starter" hair for her.  The last photo is of me -- a one week old mesh head avatar.  I am a noob to mesh heads...this is my first week.  I like her eyes and hair.  I still have a lot of work to do!  

nomatch.jpg

nomatch22.jpg

hair.jpg

Snapshot_158 (2).png

15 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

He thanked me and told me his avatar was from Aesthetic.  (

Well, the male mesh avatars are absolutely gorgeous from head to toe!

Like gods! 

you managed to like the most awfull ugly and ape like forms of men... those don't have apes as ancestery but walked out of the woods themself not that long ago.
it's absulutely the winner of bad looks.
God?... yeah... Beelzebub or his bro.

And i won't even start about that "head"... omg...

(note: all in this post is not the opinion of anybody else, nor intended as leading, it's mine only .. :) )

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Maybe 4-5 months.  But, there are a lot of amazing clothes recently I've seen for men.

go to the events... sneakers, t shirts tanks, tattoos, shapes, sneakers, t shirts, tanks, tattoos, shapes, sneakers, t shirts, tanks, tattoos, shapes, sneakers ...next designer:  more sneakers, more  t shirts, more  tanks, more tattoos, more shapes, and even more sneakers etc etc..... o and i forget the never ending collection of sweatpants.... but real stylish clothes for a night out? forget it, those are limited to less than a handfull.y miles
Male clothes releases get more and more more of the same.
For me it reached a limit, no more shirts, jeans or other stuff unless it really stands out of the medicre releases from the last years.

btw.. mesh did develope, but as example: i still use the Jomo jeans, it was one of the very first mesh releases for jeans... compared to the new deisigns they still stand out by miles, just pitty it only is useable for fully clothed outfits because it's only available in standard sizes.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

16 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

you managed to like the most awfull ugly and ape like forms of men... those don't have apes as ancestery but walked out of the woods themself not that long ago.
it's absulutely the winner of bad looks.
God?... yeah... Beelzebub or his bro.

And i won't even start about that "head"... omg...

(note: all in this post is not the opinion of anybody else, nor intended as leading, it's mine only .. :) )

That kinda hurts... I don't think the pics i posted look apeish.. or hideous..

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That kinda hurts... I don't think the pics i posted look apeish.. or hideous..

perhaps i shoudl give my last line in there a bold font,  i'm talking about the looks, not about the person, and i really just do not like the look of that brand.
For the type of body yours doesn't look bad, but i still can't like it, btw my response is to OP not as comment on your pics.

This body is often also seen in certain groups, and connected to the small heads, small brains, dinosaur arms and oversized genitals.

As you read here OP is lyric about it... and other are also liking it, there are also lots who don't, think, not think, but sure i'm not the only one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

@loverdag, it's not just the shape, though I like it but toned down a bit.  It's a modify shape.  I realized what it is.  It's the veins and the realism of the skin along with more realistic lip structures that men have.  It's that there is blue added.  When I painted, I always added bits of blue, red, purple and even yellow when painting a face.  Also, look at the hands of the Aesthetic body as they are very realistic.

I want a skin that's more realistic.  Now maybe women don't want too many veins, but it could be done subtly.

Many of the women's arms do look like a Barbie, kind of plastic, not much detail like a doll.

I dunno what other women want.  But, I'd like a more realistic lip and more detail to the skin.  

And, yes, I should get more into Uber.  It's helpful. 

Aesthetic body is the very last one I would call "realistic", how others already pointed out, even with edited shape it looks like Ken to female unnatural Barbie avatars. Nothing wrong with that, ppl have freedom to create their SL as they desire, but also nothing "realistic" there.

I start to think you like details on the skins, like the mentioned veins etc, and you miss those details on unnaturaly perfect female skins. (But just the fact A. have veins painted on skin, doenst make them "realistic").

Its probably because most female avatars wants to buy the "perfection", so creators have focus on that.

But you can find skin you like as face and then to add more realistic feeling to the body with additional "natural flaws" like https://www.flickr.com/photos/izziebutton/42418804780/in/dateposted/ (she made strech marks also for hips),  

face https://www.flickr.com/photos/izziebutton/29206014538/in/dateposted/

bare feet https://www.flickr.com/photos/izziebutton/36647212821/in/dateposted/

Those are just examples, same as the fashion I showed you yesterday, I'm NOT focused on that SL content, so I can't navigate you to more creators, I just want to show you, those things are possible. Upcoming BOM will help you to layer more such a things on the body, so to use it should be even easier than today, possible to combine it with tattoos etc. Thats all about how you are willing to ACTIVELY seach for such a content. Not to walk with mainstream taste means to have that harder. But its mostly doable I beleive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Snapshot_158 (2).png

You need to add a hair base in order to make the hair look better "sitted" on your head.

As for the details, the aesthetic skin have a big contrast between shadows and highlighs as well for the fact that since they are a "body builder" type of body, the default skin has a lot of veins. Women skins have usually more delicate features and a softer shading. But then again, this is about personal taste, if you like Aesthetic I have a friend with that body who's looking for a date, but most girls turn him down because he wears it.

7 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

perhaps i shoudl give my last line in there a bold font,  i'm talking about the looks, not about the person, and i really just do not like the look of that brand.
For the type of body yours doesn't look bad, but i still can't like it, btw my response is to OP not as comment on your pics.

This body is often also seen in certain groups, and connected to the small heads, small brains, dinosaur arms and oversized genitals.

As you read here OP is lyric about it... and other are also liking it, there are also lots who don't, think, not think, but sure i'm not the only one.

I thought the Aesthetic body was modify.  I did not know the pitfalls of it.  

Though I have seen male avi's with it.  The only male avi I ever took the time to compliment was in the Aesthetic.  He had longer hair perhaps to help compensate for the smallish head and cover the neck.  Big hair makes your head look bigger.  

However, yes, I like it very much but think they should make a toned down version too so head can be adjusted better to shoulders.

But, I was noticing your avatar photo by your name @Ethan Paslong.  I can see details in the hands and more detail in the face even in such a small picture.

I hope a skin creator comes out with a more detailed skin for women.

and @ loverdag ...I thought that was very creative of Izzie Button.  I am familiar with her work but never saw those.   

There is more for men than just t-shirts, sneakers, tanks and tattoos.  

Though I know how you feel @Ethan Paslong about wanting something new and different.  I do too! 

Still, I say, the men of SL are a bunch of hotties!  I love the more detail in the skin.  Don't get me wrong that women aren't pretty and creative.  They are...I just don't like almost all of the lips and the lack of detail in the skin for women.  The detail needs to be stepped up a few notches and the lip less caricature, imo.    

Edited by FairreLilette

3 hours ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

You need to add a hair base in order to make the hair look better "sitted" on your head.

As for the details, the aesthetic skin have a big contrast between shadows and highlighs as well for the fact that since they are a "body builder" type of body, the default skin has a lot of veins. Women skins have usually more delicate features and a softer shading. But then again, this is about personal taste, if you like Aesthetic I have a friend with that body who's looking for a date, but most girls turn him down because he wears it.

Oh, okay.  Thank you!  

Yes, she's just starting.  I have a lot to fix up yet!

The main issue with the Aesthetic body is that - out of the box - everything is set to 100%, which means that it's maxed out pretty much like that Tom of Finland image that Ethan posted. This makes the average third-party (ie: non-Aesthetic) head too small if it's not sized up considerably. I've also seen some rather comical looks on men who are bulked to the max on Aesthetic, but who have tiny stick-thin ankles that could never realistically support the weight of their body and little 'pin' heads that are far too small for their shoulders, reminding me of the closing scene in Beetlejuice.

By contrast, guys who bother to take the time to actually work with the underlying body shape (such as Drake has) can make something great out of it, but the vast majority of guys I see wearing it just leave it as-is, hence the comments you'll see made about it. Within the gay community I tend to see good things done with Aesthetic. Outside of it not so much, as a rule.

14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

There is more for men than just t-shirts, sneakers, tanks and tattoos. 

Yes, there is, but you have to know where to look for it. Added to that: if you want it to be original and high-quality, and - especially - non-template stuff, then you really need to look for it. I've been blogging male fashion in SL since 2008, and I shop an indecently large amount of time that I'm in SL. Ethan isn't far wrong when he says that the majority of menswear at events is sneakers, tattoos, sweatpants, sweatshirts, etc. It is, if you shop exclusively for a male avatar. It's something that I've bitched about for a long time in SL.

• Like 3

@FairreLilette

Personally, I think you are totally unfair to all the female head and skin makers out there - in my opinion, there are plenty of realistic heads and skins available.

Snapshot_058_cr.thumb.jpg.4d14bb3776b533f92f0efd7c2bdb1ad7.jpgSnapshot_013c_cr.thumb.jpg.b9b6d23ba91d4772299bc082f4122456.jpgSnapshot_051_cr_cr.thumb.jpg.d81124621a57c6edad14fd2fed0d6230.jpgSnapshot_189_cr.thumb.jpg.0bd53dfb3bd9175e6cdb844d5115866d.jpg

I don't think there is much of a duckbill on any of these faces (4 different mesh heads from 3 makers, and I could show you more like these from other brands...), and their skin and hair look quite nice and detailed to me as well - but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you got yours and I got mine :D

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

The "unrealistic" Aesthetic... :)

Yep, the biceps are way, way too large with respect to everything else. But that seems to be the case with most male avies. Not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but looks pretty realistic to me.

realistic.png

back-muscles-01-labeled.png

It think it's realistic.  I downright stare at the men in this.  Ha.  Sorry, not staring at your husband or boyfriend...I just look at avatars because this is an avatar world.   

What lighting is the photo taken in, btw?

Oh, and about heads being too large or too small...I think that about my avatar all the time.  The head's too big/the head's too small.  But, that's mostly when I go from high platforms to flat feet.  I make my head a little larger for high platform shoes and smaller for flat feet.  It's also camera angle too that makes heads look too big or too small at times.  

12 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

@FairreLilette

Personally, I think you are totally unfair to all the female head and skin makers out there - in my opinion, there are plenty of realistic heads and skins available.

Snapshot_058_cr.thumb.jpg.4d14bb3776b533f92f0efd7c2bdb1ad7.jpgSnapshot_013c_cr.thumb.jpg.b9b6d23ba91d4772299bc082f4122456.jpgSnapshot_051_cr_cr.thumb.jpg.d81124621a57c6edad14fd2fed0d6230.jpgSnapshot_189_cr.thumb.jpg.0bd53dfb3bd9175e6cdb844d5115866d.jpg

I don't think there is much of a duckbill on any of these faces (4 different mesh heads from 3 makers, and I could show you more like these from other brands...), and their skins look quite nice and  detailed to me as well - but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you got yours and I got mine :D

I don't like that white line above the lip like shown in the last photo.  And, I took all the eyelashes off.  lol  I don't like those either.

But, yes, it's a matter of taste.

I think I have mesh head shock or something going from Classic head to mesh head just one week now.  

The noses in these photos are better done though!  

I'm still looking...I have a lot of skins I haven't gotten too.  

10 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It think it's realistic.  I downright stare at the men in this.  Ha.  Sorry, not staring at your husband or boyfriend...I just look at avatars because this is an avatar world.   

What lighting is the photo taken in, btw?

Oh, and about heads being too large or too small...I think that about my avatar all the time.  The head's too big/the head's too small.  But, that's mostly when I go from high platforms to flat feet.  I make my head a little larger for high platform shoes and smaller for flat feet.  It's also camera angle too that makes heads look too big or too small at times.  

Feel free to stare :) Just taken with Firestorm default settings.

In case anyone calls this back "unrealistic": There's this thing called deadlifts. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.