SL Mesh Men are a Bunch of Hotties!

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About the past four or five months I've been noticing a change in the male avatars.  I wondered what it was?

Then I decided to compliment a male avatar I was dancing near.  He thanked me and told me his avatar was from Aesthetic.  (Hope I spelled that correctly.)

Well, the male mesh avatars are absolutely gorgeous from head to toe!

The faces drawn so naturally handsome.  Like gods!  

Fabulous clothes from suits to casual.  Fantastic hair that's very artistic!  I love the hairs that are partially shaved and part in pony tail.  The hairs for men are so original and well done!  Jewelry that's sexy, and you can see it, and it looks real!  The ears are fantastic too!   Great coats!  Elegant ascots!  

So, I have been on a quest to find some artistic and "new" things for women because I want to look as good as the men!  I want jewelry that shows up.  I want hair that's creative and artistic and sexy.  

I want clothes that are stylish and sexy and not have my boob hanging out!

Cry*  I want to be as gorgeous and elegant as the men!

I really do!

Hope some designers take some clues by looking at these absolutely gorgeous mesh male avatars!  

Wow!  It's just a fantastic job!    

What do others think of the male mesh hotties in SL?

And please post a picture u gorgeous men of SL!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Fabulous clothes from suits to casual.  Fantastic hair that's very artistic!  I love the hairs that are partially shaved and part in pony tail.  The hairs for men are so original and well done!  Jewelry that's sexy, and you can see it, and it looks real!  The ears are fantastic too!   Great coats!  Elegant ascots! 
So, I have been on a quest to find some artistic and "new" things for women because I want to look as good as the men!  I want jewelry that shows up.  I want hair that's creative and artistic and sexy. 
I want clothes that are stylish and sexy and not have my boob hanging out!

Cry*  I want to be as gorgeous and elegant as the men!

I really do!

You tend to overreact sometimes? Maybe?

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Hope some designers take some clues by looking at these absolutely gorgeous mesh male avatars!

Even though women clothes in SL is mostly about mini skirts and bras barely covering the nipples, there are a plenty of designers creating awesome fashion, hairs, etc.
Have you ever been at the SL marketplace?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

You tend to overreact sometimes? Maybe?

Even though women clothes in SL is mostly about mini skirts and bras barely covering the nipples, there are a plenty of designers creating awesome fashion, hairs, etc.
Have you ever been at the SL marketplace?

Yes, of course I have been in Marketplace!  Big fish lips are everywhere!  Just type in Marketplace search box Catwa lipsticks and you will see.  Millions of fish lips!

I want a mesh head for women that's a little more natural looking with not so much breadth on the top lip and a more natural eye.

The mesh male avatars are way more gorgeous all the way around.

I have hunted for female coats and jackets since October!  

When I looked at mesh coats for men just to see what was available for men...well, the coat's for men are elegant and gorgeous!  Way better than the womens!

I have to hunt for good clothing from women.

I was invited to the Uber inworld which has helped me a lot!

But, I still think the mesh men of SL are way more gorgeous than the women!

And, I think they are very blessed.

I am even astounded at how creative the men's hairs are.  It's magnificent.  

And, yes I have some jackets, but the men's stuff is just more real, sexy and better.

19 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Please let us know where these amazing male clothes come from because from my experience its quite limited to a few stores unless you want jeans, t-shirts and boardshorts.

First, to see a lot of the mesh male avatar looks, join a SL photo group on FLICKR, and you will see photos there of how gorgeous the mesh men of SL are!   

Oh, and see even you think it is limited.  I have noticed this change recently.  Maybe 4-5 months.  But, there are a lot of amazing clothes recently I've seen for men.

Try NOT SO BAD or type in Coat Aesthetic or Jacket Aesthetic... etc.    

I don't shop for men as I am a women in rl and sl.  I shopped for a male friend for gift giving but it's been awhile.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't shop for men as I am a women in rl and sl.

But you should, you really should...
That would keep us from wondering about your excitement, and you would be able to wear amazing coats. Both sides win ^^

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
grammar

Are you sure this impression really comes from female avatars not having good things to wear or isn't it more related to well dressed male avatars just matching what you are attracted to anyway?

I have a male alt and he is definitly a hottie. He is like the Ken doll all my Barbie dolls ever needed in their plastic lifes. But its still kind of difficult to shop for him, especially since his body is newer and therefore the clothes made for it are limited.

Second question: What style of clothing would you like to wear with your female avatar?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, of course I have been in Marketplace!  Big fish lips are everywhere!  Just type in Marketplace search box Catwa lipsticks and you will see.  Millions of fish lips!

I want a mesh head for women that's a little more natural looking with not so much breadth on the top lip and a more natural eye.

The mesh male avatars are way more gorgeous all the way around.

I have hunted for female coats and jackets since October!  

When I looked at mesh coats for men just to see what was available for men...well, the coat's for men are elegant and gorgeous!  Way better than the womens!

I have to hunt for good clothing from women.

I was invited to the Uber inworld which has helped me a lot!

But, I still think the mesh men of SL are way more gorgeous than the women!

And, I think they are very blessed.

I am even astounded at how creative the men's hairs are.  It's magnificent.  

And, yes I have some jackets, but the men's stuff is just more real, sexy and better.

Are you for real, all the women I am friends with or know through the forums are very well dressed and look great. 

In my experience there are of course some great looking guys mostly you see them on flickr, but go to the average dance place and no not that many. 

As for being sexy and ‘better’ no and if you have to hunt for good clothing you are looking in the wrong places. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Thats where I am going wrong then.  Not a fan of the Aesthetic body for my alt nor is my partner or his alt

There not all just aesthetic though.  I think most make all sizes just like women's has more than Maitreya for example.  

44 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Are you sure this impression really comes from female avatars not having good things to wear or isn't it more related to well dressed male avatars just matching what you are attracted to anyway?

I have a male alt and he is definitly a hottie. He is like the Ken doll all my Barbie dolls ever needed in their plastic lifes. But its still kind of difficult to shop for him, especially since his body is newer and therefore the clothes made for it are limited.

Second question: What style of clothing would you like to wear with your female avatar?

Just look at this pic from Adam Elestein, I think is the name.  Even the jewelry looks real.  I've seen it on male avatars where I hang out.  The jewelry looks real.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AEC-AESTHETIC-TONY-Casual-Suit-for-men-HUD-Driven-pack/8113592

I want realistic jewelry, that looks good close up and far away, and demos because I am striking out as far as finding something that looks real.

Also, since men don't wear make-up most of the time, I think the faces are painted better...better shading.  Just better.  Awesome cupid's bows; realistic lip. 

As a female avatar:  

First, I know there are some difficulties.  The legs don't move well through certain dresses.  Though I have found a few and the legs are not too bad, and it's a pencil style below the knee dress.

The maxi's have no feet.  I'd like maxis with feet, if the technology becomes possible. 

I'd like to wear skinny pants without having to choose pumps because the boots don't fit over the pants.  I know there is a difficulty with prim to prim there, and the boots are really large just to fit over the pants.  I don't like those really large boots.  

Then I have to wear paint on leggings that don't have much detail to wear boots and have a warm feeling when it's cold.  

I bought many pants I cannot wear because I have not found any boots to wear with them.  

I want just real clothes with casual flair to elegance.   I like all kinds of clothes.  I love fashion.

I like this dress I am going to paste the link, BUT it's slightly see thru and my legs don't move well in this dress when dancing.  I tried the demo but didn't buy.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TETRA-Sahara-Dress-Gray/9548616?page=1

To be fair to the OP,  although the default head is not appealing to most, there are some amazing face appliers available for the Aesthetic. The realism is pretty much "in your face" (no pun intended). Having demoed a few I'm rather impressed. I basically went for Aesthetic because the only other real option at the time was Slink male, and that one, while nice enough in some ways, was not for me. A number of good male bodies have popped up since, but I still prefer my toned-down Aesthetic to most of them.

The clothing part I don't get, though. All guys I've talked to about that in SL seem to think that the ladies have it easier in that regard. Although I get that there might be a gazzillion similar mini skirts, I mostly see template after template after template for us guys.

I'm pretty happy with this shirt from L&B. But beyond L&B and a few others it's fairly limited, at least for Aesthetic. (Pic taken with Mid resolution)

H.png

1 hour ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

To be fair to the OP,  although the default head is not appealing to most, there are some amazing face appliers available for the Aesthetic. The realism is pretty much "in your face" (no pun intended). Having demoed a few I'm rather impressed. I basically went for Aesthetic because the only other real option at the time was Slink male, and that one, while nice enough in some ways, was not for me. A number of good male bodies have popped up since, but I still prefer my toned-down Aesthetic to most of them.

The clothing part I don't get, though. All guys I've talked to about that in SL seem to think that the ladies have it easier in that regard. Although I get that there might be a gazzillion similar mini skirts, I mostly see template after template after template for us guys.

I'm pretty happy with this shirt from L&B. But beyond L&B and a few others it's fairly limited, at least for Aesthetic. (Pic taken with Mid resolution)

H.png

It's gorgeous!  It looks real.

I want a skin more detailed with no makeup, and then I'd like to be able to add makeup.  

I am only one week into mesh heads (not mesh body - been with Maitreya body about 7 months or so).

But look at this photo of my first mesh head skin.  It's horrible!  The face is really light, the neck is dark orange, and the body is another shade.  It is a cute skin but it needs re-shading altogether.  I bought the head with too much trust and not enough knowledge.  But, I have been in SL a year and a half and said it's time...but I jumped too quickly and bought a skin that's pretty much horrible.  

My second head and skin (see second photo) gives a unilip lip look and it's very difficult to create a cupid's bow, though I managed with a YS & YS skin, I believe it's called.  

Perhaps join the Aesthetic group inworld.  I get a lot of help with my inworld groups and get sales announcement inworld - some sales 50% off.  

I want a more natural lip and skin, and then be able to add makeup.

Here I am wearing a couple of jackets I finally found.  Women's clothes are very difficult to layer.  I want a more vintage jacket, but have as yet not been able to find one.  I love a vintage velvet jacket.  

p.s.  Adding in:  Try Adam Edelstein.  I have seen those inworld and they are just gorgeous!  I'd give it 10 stars for some of what I've seen.

Here is a link to some 99 linden nice suits:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CA-PROMO-SAVE-75-AESTHETIC-SLINK-SIGNATURE-COMPATIBLE-JACKETS/14216759

Also, when I started with Maitreya, I was having some difficulty and a friend told me to type in Maitreya in the search box, and then hit APPAREL, then WOMEN'S and then dresses, jackets, tops, etc.  You could do the same by typing in Aesthetic, then APPAREL and then Men's, then coats and jackets, shirts, etc.  This will pull up the Aesthetic clothing for each category and sub-category.  

Snapshot_2554 (2).png

Snapshot_017 (2).png

Edited by FairreLilette

SL isn't only ONE community, there are different "circles". I'm personaly not focused on fashion at all and I'm also not big shopper myself, but my focus is SL photography and it makes me to spend a lot of time in "Flickr SL circle" - big part of that "circle" are fashion creators and fashion bloggers (blogging fashion for both genders). Aesthetic avatars are out of the main focus there, male fashion bloggers mostly use other bodies. But female fashion uses Maitreya as one of the main bodies, some fashion is even exclusive for this body only. It puts both brands in different situations and can maybe answer why in same category "fashion sold on MP for lower prices" aren't always comparable. I don't say HQ female fashion can't be found on MP,  don't take me wrong, but I want to say that a lot of currently popular HQ brands do not sell their stuff on MP at all.

Those days are the most popular shopping events, so maybe its the way to go for you. Just be ready for different "price environment". Not all big events are on that web, but before you will find the right inworld groups to join to stay informed etc, I would recommend you to start with: http://seraphimsl.com/

I also recommend not to look only on the stuff currently on the events, but in general look on the quality and style - in time you can find brands you like and even if you would not like the particular items on the events, you can take LMs and visit mainstores, or to take groups and keep eye on their future stuff on upcoming events. Its good way how to find new brands, not only fashion, but also skins / make ups - and they can make inspire to buy other head, if your current choice for head wans't the right one. (I'm not sure how you made this choice, the head is very limited in skins and makeups compare other brands, it makes much harder to customize to your liking).

Give it time, visit events, checks creators mainstores, be ready to pay more and in few months you will hopefuly find what will make you happy.

Or maybe not, because majority on that events probably doesn't consider Aesthetic avatars "absolutely gorgeous", so maybe you do not have "majority taste" and then to find something for you will be harder. But you can at least try, to explore and actively look for what you like.

• Like 1

@loverdag  

I belong to the Cosmopolitan events.  It's shown me some nice things, as well as Uber but still a lot "too skimpy".  I know skimpy is very popular and I have a few, but I really want a maxi skirt and a maxi dress and just be myself with sandals AND FEET.  And, I want pretty dresses and a velvet jacket I can dress down.

I bought the Genesis Lab head and skin as a noob; too trusting, although I looked for reviews prior to purchase on the internet and could not find any.  And, I thought you could use any skin as I've only looked at Catwa and Lelutka and thought this head works the same.  Also, you CANNOT try on the body skin with the head skin -- that's where I was too trusting.  

Inworld, I see Aesthetic male avatars almost every day.  

It's apparently gaining a lot of popularity.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

@loverdag  

I belong to the Cosmopolitan events.  It's shown me some nice things, as well as Uber but still a lot "too skimpy".  I know skimpy is very popular and I have a few, but I really want a maxi skirt and a maxi dress and just be myself with sandals AND FEET.  And, I want pretty dresses and a velvet jacket I can dress down.

I bought the Genesis Lab head and skin as a noob; too trusting, although I looked for reviews prior to purchase on the internet and could not find any.  And, I thought you could use any skin as I've only looked at Catwa and Lelutka and thought this head works the same.  Also, you CANNOT try on the body skin with the head skin -- that's where I was too trusting.  

Inworld, I see Aesthetic male avatars almost every day.  

It's apparently gaining a lot of popularity.  

Its why I talked about "SL circles". They are popular in some circles with no doubts, because who desire to looks like Barbar Conan or Rocky (the heroes of 80' movies ...), they probably do not have better choice, this brand is the best for them. The question from our point of view is if the users are big shoppers, if they are fashionistast -  I guess they probably mostly aren't and its why most of the creators (at least in "my circle") do not focus on them. Its why I do not dare to compare with Maitreya, being in completelly different situation. 

Uber is probably one of the possible events for you, not sure about Cosmo. 

What I had in mind are events with fashion like  https://www.flickr.com/photos/33431298@N05/31217253477/in/dateposted/ or https://www.flickr.com/photos/thaliaheckrothflickr/30816963887/in/album-72157690151080454/ (this one is even on MP) or https://www.flickr.com/photos/janirecoba/44476703390/in/dateposted/

I'm not sure Cosmo is fitting the category.

Also I recommended to give it time, to expect that searching can take months (esp. now when is on events focus on Christmas) - for reason. 

If you did visit (few times) only two events (and one of them with mostly other type of fashion than you want), you didn't do long-time reseach yet.

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I agree that you might not always find the type of clothing you're looking for at events, but events are a good way to collect LM's of stores that you can visit and check their fuller inventory.  There are stores which may have something at an event that is more on the skimpy side, but at their inworld store they may have a few non-skimpy items.  I wear maxi skirts a lot during the spring and summer seasons, and always wear them with my feet unhidden and either sandals or sneakers.  

If a coat doesn't come with an included 'shirt' you can wear an applier tank top under the coat, if layering it over a regular top doesn't work.   Also, check some of the suggestions and pictures of winter sweaters and coats in this thread:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/429988-its-“sweater-weather”-and-i-have-nothing-to-wear/

19 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I agree that you might not always find the type of clothing you're looking for at events, but events are a good way to collect LM's of stores that you can visit and check their fuller inventory.  

I beleive thats exactly what I said above: "I also recommend not to look only on the stuff currently on the events, but in general look on the quality and style - in time you can find brands you like and even if you would not like the particular items on the events, you can take LMs and visit mainstores".

Is my english so bad it wasn't understandable?

19 minutes ago, loverdag said:

I beleive thats exactly what I said above: "I also recommend not to look only on the stuff currently on the events, but in general look on the quality and style - in time you can find brands you like and even if you would not like the particular items on the events, you can take LMs and visit mainstores".

Is my english so bad it wasn't understandable?

No, your English was fine.  I had read the thread before deciding to answer and came back to it, not realizing I was apparently saying something that was already basically said.  I'm a little under the weather, and I didn't realize how similar in wording  your comment and mine were.   

Edited by moirakathleen
added missing letter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

No, you English was fine.  I had read the thread before deciding to answer and came back to it, not realizing I was apparently saying something that was already basically said.  I'm a little under the weather, and I didn't realize how similar in wording  your comment and mine were.   

I'm glad I was understandable :)

And I'm actually also glad we wrote same, OP's answer on my post didn't feel much like OP was considering to do so, maybe now will...after they will see same advice from more people trying to help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loverdag said:

Its why I talked about "SL circles". They are popular in some circles with no doubts, because who desire to looks like Barbar Conan or Rocky (the heroes of 80' movies ...), they probably do not have better choice, this brand is the best for them. The question from our point of view is if the users are big shoppers, if they are fashionistast -  I guess they probably mostly aren't and its why most of the creators (at least in "my circle") do not focus on them. Its why I do not dare to compare with Maitreya, being in completelly different situation. 

Uber is probably one of the possible events for you, not sure about Cosmo. 

What I had in mind are events with fashion like  https://www.flickr.com/photos/33431298@N05/31217253477/in/dateposted/ or https://www.flickr.com/photos/thaliaheckrothflickr/30816963887/in/album-72157690151080454/ (this one is even on MP) or https://www.flickr.com/photos/janirecoba/44476703390/in/dateposted/

I'm not sure Cosmo is fitting the category.

Also I recommended to give it time, to expect that searching can take months (esp. now when is on events focus on Christmas) - for reason. 

If you did visit (few times) only two events (and one of them with mostly other type of fashion than you want), you didn't do long-time reseach yet.

@loverdag, it's not just the shape, though I like it but toned down a bit.  It's a modify shape.  I realized what it is.  It's the veins and the realism of the skin along with more realistic lip structures that men have.  It's that there is blue added.  When I painted, I always added bits of blue, red, purple and even yellow when painting a face.  Also, look at the hands of the Aesthetic body as they are very realistic.

I want a skin that's more realistic.  Now maybe women don't want too many veins, but it could be done subtly.

Many of the women's arms do look like a Barbie, kind of plastic, not much detail like a doll.

I dunno what other women want.  But, I'd like a more realistic lip and more detail to the skin.  

And, yes, I should get more into Uber.  It's helpful. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.