2 prices when going to pay?

BelindaHanson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah, group limits are a problem. 42 for Basic accounts, 60 for Premium accounts... and even as a Premium Member I keep bumping into the limit.

However, the spam from groups places a huge message load on the SL system. 50k users at peak all with at least 42 groups means a minimum of 2,100,000 connections to track and relay messages to. So, we aren't likely to see that limit upped anytime soon.

At the Townhall last month, they said that they were looking at ways to allow folks to have some more groups.  My guess is that the tiered Premium plans will play in to that.

I actually have group notices turned off for some of my groups and chat turned off for most of them.  Firestorm lets me do that - not sure if the LL viewer does or not.  Maybe limiting your ability to do chat with groups and/or automatically receiving notices would be one way to give more groups without negatively impacting server load much.  

• Like 1

I haven't seen this very often, but when I have, it has been because one price (the higher) is the regular price and the other price is a discounted price for members of the store's group.   When I've encountered this and I belong to the appropriate group, I make sure I have the correct group tag active before choosing the discounted price to pay.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

I haven't seen this very often, but when I have, it has been because one price (the higher) is the regular price and the other price is a discounted price for members of the store's group.   When I've encountered this and I belong to the appropriate group, I make sure I have the correct group tag active before choosing the discounted price to pay.  

Ah I see, thank you! 

Interestingly enough, some stores give a cheaper price to the group and do not charge for the group join.  Thus, even if you don't necessarily want to stay in a given store group, if you have the space to join it and it is free, go ahead and join for the discount and then just leave the group after the purchase - or maybe also check out the group gift area before leaving the group.

• Like 2

On December 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

, if you have the space to join it 

I never have space, I am always leaving one free group to make space to add one for some special deal

On 12/17/2018 at 4:51 AM, Talligurl said:

I never have space, I am always leaving one free group to make space to add one for some special deal

Yeah, group limits are a problem. 42 for Basic accounts, 60 for Premium accounts... and even as a Premium Member I keep bumping into the limit.

However, the spam from groups places a huge message load on the SL system. 50k users at peak all with at least 42 groups means a minimum of 2,100,000 connections to track and relay messages to. So, we aren't likely to see that limit upped anytime soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.