Premium Gift: Winter Cabin

November Velde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

54 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

100LI and Mod, but baked textures with shadows, so you can't really alter those.

Thank you. I don't think I bother to pick it up. I have a new winter cabin from Schulz Bros, from the Snowstorm edition of Builders Box.

It looks better and is 90 LI.

I have never picked up a premium gift, not one. It is because I started as premium late, I suppose. I am spoilt by all the amazing creations I get elsewhere.

I sometimes think I will get a gift, but always forget it.

But by all means, it is nice of LL to offer it, and it looks nice. For one like me, I would prefer some more LI added to my land for free, but hey, I know I can't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

that's pretty hight for a cabin, but it looks really nice

Being no premium member myself I still like the long range visual stability of the Linden/Mole creations. Usually they pop into view without missing windows or walls. Even highly praised creators often have missing windows on long distance... would it have been so hard to shell out those few extra LI to have high range flat panes with a window imposter painted on? So I prefer the high LI Mole stuff. Sure the swaginator hunt sofa is simplistic in design and has as pretty high LI for that - but when I look for a sofa to put on my porch that should be visible from next sim guess which one I will try first?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you. I don't think I bother to pick it up. I have a new winter cabin from Schulz Bros, from the Snowstorm edition of Builders Box.

It looks better and is 90 LI.

I have never picked up a premium gift, not one. It is because I started as premium late, I suppose. I am spoilt by all the amazing creations I get elsewhere.

I sometimes think I will get a gift, but always forget it.

But by all means, it is nice of LL to offer it, and it looks nice. For one like me, I would prefer some more LI added to my land for free, but hey, I know I can't get it.

This cabin is impressive. It rezzes quickly and I had no issues rezzing objects on the floors. The textures are very well done. It's small but for a cute little cabin in the snowy woods it's perfect. I know there's lots of stuff out there with much lower LI but most of them have LOD issues. :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I know there's lots of stuff out there with much lower LI but most of them have LOD issues. :)

I think that's the big one. This cabin is pretty good for madlands and doesn't break up into a pile of triangles.

The LODs have been properly made with a view distance of more then 500metres at the FS 2.0 and over 300 metres at the LL 1,5.

There are a lot of details that decay to lower LODs real nice.

90LI and breaks up or 100LI and doesn't?

• Like 4

Hmm, picked it up myself just now and I must say .... if it were not for the fact that it is impossible to get the Winter hunt gifts LL has put out once their time has passed ....

may put it out on the floating island I have at my Den but at a hundred LI, I will need decent, low LI and affordable furniture.

Part of the problem I have with decorating is that I try to keep at least three hundred LI free on the parcel - a little less is often fine. With one of my friends haing moved to her own parcel, I am at 544 LI .... The cabin eats a hundred of that so that leaves 444 - 144 if you factor in the buffer I like to try and keep.

I am rubbish at furniture buying.

Edited by Solar Legion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.