Private Themed Region Invoice Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im part of a team of academics from a UK university who recently purchased one of the themed private regions on which to build a uni campus. We first placed our order in November last year and were given access to it 5-6 weeks ago. (bad enough in itself). Well, I say access...the member of staff whose name was no the Invoice was given acces to it; as yet we haven't gained full access for all our group's members as LL are taking an exceedingly long time in processing the invoice (and give us our bulk order of $1,500 worth of  L$ too!).

We've phoned Billing Support a number of times to see what is taking so long (and they were very nice people but said thay didn't have a phone number for the Invoice Dept -curious indeed - and we should contact them by their email address. Having done just that (numerous times), we've failed to get a single response from Invoicing (really quite rude to not even acknowledge the email?) and it seems we're in an impasse. We've handed over $4,000 and for 4 weeks have an island that only one person can access.....and no L's to build with (in fact we've resorted to using our own money to make *some progress*). Pretty poor show all round, LL.

Sooo..I was wondering...has anyone come up against the same issues and how did they resolve it? (Or did they just flit to Open Source?)  :D

I expect to post a blog about this, but first would like to get some more info:

The person who does have access to the sim must be listed as the owner.  Normally the owner can can control who  can enter the sim.  What happens when the person tries to set the access to let other people come in?  

When you say no L's to build with, are you saying that you have not received a stipend or that you are also unable to transfer funds into your SL account from the account set up by the university?    If the latter, did the university set up any arrangement to pay additional money beyond the cost of the land?

Hey Thinkerer. :)

Re. your queries:

"The person who does have access to the sim must be listed as the owner.  Normally the owner can can control who  can enter the sim.  What happens when the person tries to set the access to let other people come in?"

Yes, the person who has access to the sim is listed as the owner and yes, I too thought that whoever is owner can control who can access the sim (via Access in Estate Info, etc). But when we add anyone else, it just won't let them in. We even created a Group, added all the team members ot that and set Access to Group...but nope. Nothing. No-one but the owner can access it. :|

"When you say no L's to build with, are you saying that you have not received a stipend or that you are also unable to transfer funds into your SL account from the account set up by the university?    If the latter, did the university set up any arrangement to pay additional money beyond the cost of the land?"

When we ordered the region, our order included a bulk purchase of $1,500 of L$s to fund building and admin. Although it's recorded that all funds (including the $1,500 for the L$s) were received on April 3rd we haven't yet had a single L$ credited to our account (the purchasers account) ....and as they haven't as yet replied to the numerous emails we've sent them, we don't know what the hold up is in delivering our L$s.

It's the lack of communication and explanation that's becoming wearing (also the fact that we were scheduled to present the island and conduct a hands-on workshop at a Learning & Teaching Conference in the UAE...next Monday. :smileymad:

I'd be interested to see your blog, if you do one!

Cheers, Thinkerer. :)

Update: I found on another thread in the forum how to solve the problem of people other than the sim owner not getting access to the island. Twas our ignorance that when you have an entire region, you have to set Estate settings to Public Access as well as Land settings. A little advice on matters like this when you purchase a region might be a useful addition though, Lindens? :)

So now we're just waiting for our L's  :smileysad:

Good .  about  the  lindens -- dont't assume that they will be transferred to you automatically.  They would be transferred to a dollar account (or UK equivalent).  The av who owns the sim should check the dashboard associated with the account to see if funds have been deposited.  It will be up to that av to transfer the funds to Lindens.  Or the av could simply try to buy Lindens as see what happens.  

TKR

Hiya Tinkerer, (thx for asking!)

Re. the issues stated above, the very next day a Linden IMed me and we now have our cash :)) W're having some serious issues re. sky tping above 100m and the prim counts on sub parcels seems screwed (same no of prims used for all subdivided parcels regardless of size or whats on them) so I'm contacting a concierge to help with that cos we've spent hours trawling KB and...cant find answers. :(

This is an astonishing story. Linden Lab, as a company, is bottom drawer, but I would expect better than you got from them. They used to give us very good concierge support but they stopped doing that some time ago. Now the support is almost useless but you've found that out for yourself.

--||-

• 2 weeks later...

Hetty Harlequin wrote:

W're having some serious issues re. sky tping above 100m and the prim counts on sub parcels seems screwed (same no of prims used for all subdivided parcels regardless of size or whats on them) so I'm contacting a concierge to help with that cos we've spent hours trawling KB and...cant find answers.
:(

You're probably looking at the Simulator Primitives line rather than the Parcel primitives line, if all the parcels are group owned by a group on the same sim, you'l indeed see 15,000 prims available on all of them, because you can use your prim pool on any parcel you own.

Look where it says "primitives parcel supports" on the objects tab of the about land window for accurate info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.