Jump to content

What are some of your pet peeves?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I did 10,000,000 virtual dice rolls using llFrand in an LSL script

Someone has waaaaaaaay too much time on his hands.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
OMG really. Sometimes I think I need a refresher in grade school basics.
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

Quote

Alyona Su:

Lets be fair, though: If someone clicks a SLURL to your venue and lands somewhere and there is no venue within sight, they, more often than not, may get the impression "It's obviously moved". They also may be on-the-hunt and sim-hopping. No time to explore to find a teleport to some dance floor way up in some unseeable skybox that may or may not exist; it's too easy to TP to the next venue on the list. Just saying.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying but I did set out my landing point with clearly marked teleport portals marked 'Mystery Venue', 'Mystery Station', 'Moonbase' and 'Monolith' to make things kinda obvious. I guess I'll have to use flashing neon signs in future :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear creators, if you make an clothing that can't just be worn on its own (outside an adult venue that encourages nudity), and especially if it has a very specific cut, and you make vendor adds where your models pose with items that perfectly match - OFFER THOSE ITEMS IN YOU STORE FOR GODS SAKE!

I recently brought a small jacket and some cute sleeves. Both vendor pictures showed the models with matching items to form a complete outfit. Expecting that the store will have something like that, so I can recreate the shown outfit, I brought both and got disappointed. The store not only had not the items shown in the add, it had nothing that could be combined with those items. And the seller has multiple versions of this jacket-type. Waisted opportunity to make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Dear creators, if you make an clothing that can't just be worn on its own (outside an adult venue that encourages nudity), and especially if it has a very specific cut, and you make vendor adds where your models pose with items that perfectly match - OFFER THOSE ITEMS IN YOU STORE FOR GODS SAKE!

I recently brought a small jacket and some cute sleeves. Both vendor pictures showed the models with matching items to form a complete outfit. Expecting that the store will have something like that, so I can recreate the shown outfit, I brought both and got disappointed. The store not only had not the items shown in the add, it had nothing that could be combined with those items. And the seller has multiple versions of this jacket-type. Waisted opportunity to make money.

It is possible that creator didn't make those items and they were simply items the model found and wore. This is a common practice among those who do modeling in SL. We are provided the outfits and it is up to us (the models) to accessorise them. Creators do not normally provide accessories.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Stands in room, sees chair against the wall, sits on chair .. now screen completely filled with the back of the wall.  

2. Stood in store, sees nice group gifts and a lucky chair with my letter on it .. looks around for group join button, cannot find. Clicks on a few group items but no join offerred. Right-clicks one and checks under object for the group name, searches for group name, cannot find. Lucky letter changes, I leave and never come back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It is possible that creator didn't make those items and they were simply items the model found and wore. This is a common practice among those who do modeling in SL. We are provided the outfits and it is up to us (the models) to accessorise them. Creators do not normally provide accessories.

Is that a thing? I was under the assumptions that most creators simply use one of their own avatars or friends to create their vendor pictures, instead of hiring and paying a stranger to pose for them. Just like shop owners now tend to use bots in their stores, instead of real peoples avatars. I remember, when there was a time promises of sucessful modeling carriers in SL where (almost) a scam directed at clueless newbies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CandyCole said:

1. Stands in room, sees chair against the wall, sits on chair .. now screen completely filled with the back of the wall.  

This is an SL issue, not a creator or object issue. Though the creator could have used a free script to set the camera view for that object so it wouldn't do that. :) Anyone wanting a copy of this script, IM me in world. I'll throw it at you when I login next!  (Please be sure to mention "Camera Positioner Script" in your IM or I'll be clueless why you IM'd me) LOL

3 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Mesh skirts you can't sit in. Well, you can but they behave in most un-skirtlike ways.

Worst case scenario - lifts at front.

:|

That is the reality of a mesh skirt. The opposite is a prim skirt, which continues to hang straight down toward the floor when you sit. So which is the lesser of the two evils? :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:
4 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Mesh skirts you can't sit in. Well, you can but they behave in most un-skirtlike ways.

Worst case scenario - lifts at front.

:|

That is the reality of a mesh skirt. The opposite is a prim skirt, which continues to hang straight down toward the floor when you sit. So which is the lesser of the two evils?

Aren't there flexi-prim skirts?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

funny pet peeve i remember.

person in catwa  group:i bought Catwa head, but instead of head i got werird boxes which  was attached to my screen and shows me pic of head, when i click nothing happends!

mod or any person who wanted to help:can you show gyazo or screenshot

and then person sends gyazo pic:

 

2019-11-07 (1).png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know i probably posted something about events. But please stop opening new ones, and try to make the ones already open look less basic and boothy. Nothing drives me bonkers like, I go to this new event with a unique name and all they have are booths. Like it's not that hard if you are putting together an event, and put a little time into the event and actually give it more character than just putting up decor. I have resorted to Seraphim to find things I may like at events, and even then, everything looks the same. You find that one item, that actually looks different that you really like and wind up buying. Please let's go back to 2013 to 2016, when events actually meant something and people were actually excited to go to one and spend oodles of money. Cut down the frequency of events, from monthly and biweekly, to annually and quarterly. Please oh please, can you do that?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Is that a thing? I was under the assumptions that most creators simply use one of their own avatars or friends to create their vendor pictures, instead of hiring and paying a stranger to pose for them. Just like shop owners now tend to use bots in their stores, instead of real peoples avatars. I remember, when there was a time promises of sucessful modeling carriers in SL where (almost) a scam directed at clueless newbies.

Some do, some don't.

Some modeling schools were scams, some weren't. I've attended both over the years. I was one of the first runway models in SL way back in 2005 for Top Models, Inc. I even branched out into InWorldz. Built a few runways for Dallas Modeling Corp as well. I was doing quite well and getting ready to get into stills when RL life went wonky. Maybe someday I'll go back to modeling.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
58 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Flexi skirts also fall downwards. They just do so in a more floaty way.

I control my flexi-tail twitch by changing gravity on a timer.

Skirts are a wee bit trickier than a twitching tail.  ;)   For one thing, they are not meant to twitch.  A skirt is meant to rest gently on your lap when you sit and to stay there without twitching until you stand up.  Generally speaking, it is poor form for a skirt to poof up and float at chest level when you are seated and it is unsightly for it to sink through your legs. 

Back in the dark ages, some clever person distributed a script that you could add to a prim skirt, making it flip 90 degrees at the waist when you sat down.   If your skirt's hem was above your kneecaps, it almost looked realistic (if you ignored the fact that the flipped-down back of the skirt exposed your butt).  Maxi-length skirts and gowns looked ghastly. Other people have tried tricks with flexi, like the one you suggest.  They all fail in mild to spectacular ways.  Mesh skirts are arguably the best attempt yet -- they don't sink through your legs and they don't always expose an open tunnel to your hoohah when you sit down.  They still look overstarched or like an odd rubber suit much of the time, though, especially if they are floor length. 

IMO, the best designers combine the advantages of prim, flexi, mesh, and system textures to conceal some of the worst features of each method, instead of relying on just one.  Sadly, the best solution for many women in SL is to forget about wearing skirts at all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:
6 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Mesh skirts you can't sit in. Well, you can but they behave in most un-skirtlike ways.

Worst case scenario - lifts at front.

:|

That is the reality of a mesh skirt. The opposite is a prim skirt, which continues to hang straight down toward the floor when you sit. So which is the lesser of the two evils?

Aren't there flexi-prim skirts?

Flexi-prim is Prim, just flexi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Except that scene with Marilyn Monroe..

But that was all about the leg-tease. In SL it's more difficult to find a non-thong pair of shorts pr a properly covered non-string top cover of a swimsuit. Though the "tease" is lost  a lot in SL because too many prefer the sah-lutt-look and give away the cow, so the chasers never have to buy the milk. Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Huh. Well I just learned something new. There really is a kink for everything.

Rule 34. I don't even think the lactation one is that unusual. I got some unexpected and totally unwelcome attention in RL when I was breastfeeding. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Rule 34. I don't even think the lactation one is that unusual. I got some unexpected and totally unwelcome attention in RL when I was breastfeeding. 

From the "Intolerants"??

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...