Jump to content
IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Let me put it this way: they can't take it with them when they go :)

Don't tell me. I already know that. Tell them! They seem to think they can. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Don't tell me. I already know that. Tell them! They seem to think they can. ;)

Nah - people like that have tunnel-vision; they only discover reality when it's too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Nah - people like that have tunnel-vision; they only discover reality when it's too late.

I beg to differ. I don't believe they ever do discover reality. If they did, we'd all live in a much better world. Not perfect, mind you, just better. Much better, imo. The needs of the many outweigh the desires of the few.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My newest peeve is with MP.  It tries to guess what you are typing in search and seems to want to grab something from the list at random when you hit enter.

Omg yes - so very much this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Omg yes - so very much this!

Once...….………….I bought something in MP...…….AND...….THERE IT WAS...…..WHAT PEOPLE ARE BUYING NOW!!!!!!!!  WooHoo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My newest peeve is with MP.  It tries to guess what you are typing in search and seems to want to grab something from the list at random when you hit enter.

I figured out how this happens finally... look at where your cursor is sitting when it happens. If it's hovering over anything in the dropdown that's what it will select when you hit enter so move your mouse first. Works like a charm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New pet peeve, the need to tell people they need to look a certain way. When SL has always been about your world, your imagination. People are quick to judge others, unless you look, think and act like them. So basically if you have a system avatar, if you are into Kawaii, if your avatar is Maitreya and any other Bodies, that are not Hourglass, Freya or now Legacy. And you have to be unrealistically curvy. And with men, it's basically you can have any body, however, you have to be a giant and muscular. Like who the heck cares how others look, it is not harming them. So stop being so judgemental, and tearing people down. It drives me bonkers, especially with how people are on the bandwagon to attack people in the Kawaii lifestyle these days.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

New pet peeve, the need to tell people they need to look a certain way.

That would be truly annoying.  Where do you find people who do that?  I must lead a charmed life (or maybe I am already stunningly perfect?), but I've never had anyone feed me a line like that. Not that I would do anything but ignore that sort of twit and walk on by ......  🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Men who IM me and say that they like my look then EXPECT me to like them. After I tell them thank you and then they ask what I am doing, to which I say that I am talking to some friends, they get angry and start insulting me. Nowhere do I ask for IMs in my profile and I am  not single and it states that there. However, I know many don't read profiles. Why can't people understand that just because they may be interested in you, that you are not obligated to feel the same, ughh!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That would be truly annoying.  Where do you find people who do that?  I must lead a charmed life (or maybe I am already stunningly perfect?), but I've never had anyone feed me a line like that. Not that I would do anything but ignore that sort of twit and walk on by ......  🙄

You see it on people's SL Facebook a lot, especially within one group. Second Life Friends, they are the worst for it, and most people are the most judgemental people I have ever seen. Yet if you make a comment about them, or ask why they find something attractive. They will attack you, and act like you are judging them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

You see it on people's SL Facebook a lot, especially within one group. Second Life Friends, they are the worst for it, and most people are the most judgemental people I have ever seen. Yet if you make a comment about them, or ask why they find something attractive. They will attack you, and act like you are judging them.

Well, that stinks. It's one more good reason to avoid facebook. Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I must lead a charmed life (or maybe I am already stunningly perfect?), but I've never had anyone feed me a line like that. Not that I would do anything but ignore that sort of twit and walk on by ......  🙄

I'd give you an earful, but you'd just ignore it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

You see it on people's SL Facebook a lot, especially within one group. Second Life Friends, they are the worst for it, and most people are the most judgemental people I have ever seen. Yet if you make a comment about them, or ask why they find something attractive. They will attack you, and act like you are judging them.

I have heard so many bad things coming from people who use SL Facebook groups, mostly all drama, cat fighting, etc. I have a SL Facebook but hardly use it because I refuse to even be an observer of such drama and immaturity. It may be wise to take a break from those groups or leave altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ClariceRose said:

I have heard so many bad things coming from people who use SL Facebook groups, mostly all drama, cat fighting, etc. I have a SL Facebook but hardly use it because I refuse to even be an observer of such drama and immaturity. It may be wise to take a break from those groups or leave altogether.

The only reason I am on it, is to stand up for these people who are constantly judged. We were all noobs once, we all went through phases to find our trueselves. So why do we need to bring others down, we are supposed to stand together and lift each other up. So basically I just tend to debate, but at the same time try to be a voice of reason and good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

The only reason I am on it, is to stand up for these people who are constantly judged. We were all noobs once, we all went through phases to find our trueselves. So why do we need to bring others down, we are supposed to stand together and lift each other up. So basically I just tend to debate, but at the same time try to be a voice of reason and good.

We silly humans will never get along. We have too much pride, selfishness, bitterness etc. So, best to just ignore or agree to disagree. Pick your battles. I used to always want to argue and debate with those who would pick on people who they thought were "below them" but most of those people don't care. They are either narcissists, sociopaths or some other form of mental issue that makes them lack sympathy and empathy. These idiots are not worth our time, breath or rise in blood pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'd give you an earful, but you'd just ignore it.

You know me way too well, Maddy. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't on FB very long.  But I'm proud to say that my account was frozen, when I refused to supply more personal information.

It remains frozen.....🖕

Nobody tells the Warrior Princess what to do.

Only a couple of days ago, after one short IM a guy asked to friend me on FB..... HaHaHa. Now that's a peeve.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I havent been here in * counts the pages* Holy ***** 7 pages?! Well then... I hope y'all are well and being respectful lol

I've got a couple new peeves to add, and actually this ties in to what I seen someone talking about here:

9 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

You see it on people's SL Facebook a lot, especially within one group. Second Life Friends, they are the worst for it, and most people are the most judgemental people I have ever seen. Yet if you make a comment about them, or ask why they find something attractive. They will attack you, and act like you are judging them.

  • This! Both SL and FB, it seems like no matter how politely you put your statement, people will take any sort of statement about avatars personal and go off about them. I made a peeve list on the SL friends group of FB and most of them had to do an avatars appearance (Disproportionate Avatars, Splayed Bento hands, etc) and people got so heated over it I had to delete the post. went about personally attacking me, posted things I had on my alts profile in the comments and using it as a means to attack me, people asking me to post a picture of my avatar, even though my FB profile pic IS a picture of my avatar the over all reaction was honestly startling and made me uneasy. in  the span of an hour I got around 200 comments and almost ALL of them were nasty.
  • The Growing problem of rude business owners in SL, From the Owner of the Brand Brittany Golden, to the Owner of the event LEVEL and the creator of of a popular vendor system. and This is anything from how the respond to constructive criticism, to how they respond to blogger applicants asking for feedback and even general customer support, it seems like theres a gradual decline in SL Professionalism and a growing lack of tack and human decency, its like these people don't seem to get that how they treat people, whether it be a customer or a potential staff member, reflects on their business, especially if it gets out how they act
  • I posted on facebook about this one so I'm just gonna paste the status here: I've gotten to where I strongly dislike getting the "Hi/ Hello/ Hey" IM's. I'm not against talking to people, I can talk ya ear off if what we're talking about is interesting but more times than not I never know how to keep these conversations going and it seems like the person on the other end doesn't really know why they've IM'ed me either.

    I'm not kidding when I say this is usually how every "Hi" IM goes:

    Person: Hi

    Me: Heya =)

    Person: How are you?

    Me: I'm good and how are you?

    Person: I'm good too

    Me: Thats good =)

    *long pause later*

    Person: So what are you up to?

    Me: oh not too much, store hopping mostly, what about you?

    Person: Not too much, just standing around

    Me: Awww hehe

    *After another long pause and person not saying anything, I close the window*

    Anyone who knows me know I can be easy to talk to but if you don't give me SOMETHING other than Hi to work with then the odds are of it leading to a dead conversation in 5 minutes is pretty high.

    TL;DR version, please IM me with something more than Hi, please lol It'll be less awkward for the both of us!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Creators running giveaways on Facebook. I get that you want publicity, but why Facebook? How many SL residents even have Facebook accounts (that they post SL stuff on), given that they demand RL details?

And more relevantly, how many Facebook users would care about that picture of shiny virtual clothes that you shared? Nobody who ever was in my friend list, that much I know for sure.

Surely twitter or Flickr would both be much more suitable if you insist on social media. There is also the radical ideal of doing giveaways in-world, but banish the thought!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

This! Both SL and FB, it seems like no matter how politely you put your statement, people will take any sort of statement about avatars personal and go off about them. I made a peeve list on the SL friends group of FB and most of them had to do an avatars appearance (Disproportionate Avatars, Splayed Bento hands, etc) and people got so heated over it I had to delete the post. went about personally attacking me, posted things I had on my alts profile in the comments and using it as a means to attack me, people asking me to post a picture of my avatar, even though my FB profile pic IS a picture of my avatar the over all reaction was honestly startling and made me uneasy. in  the span of an hour I got around 200 comments and almost ALL of them were nasty.

The biggest one was the whole Kawaii look. If I remember someone posted that they found it creepy, and hundreds of people were just on attack mode. Basically attacking anyone who weren't like them. This is getting kinda tiring, especially when it comes to your topic. You can't bring up your topic, or anything about curvy avatars. But they can bring up anything about, not being HG or Freya, having a system avatar or having that kawaii look. Bunch of hypocrites in my opinion, and this has been going on for as long as I can remember. At one point in time, they had it out for the furries. It's getting annoying actually, just let people who they want on SL. It isn't harming them at all.

 

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

New pet peeve, the need to tell people they need to look a certain way. When SL has always been about your world, your imagination. People are quick to judge others, unless you look, think and act like them. So basically if you have a system avatar, if you are into Kawaii, if your avatar is Maitreya and any other Bodies, that are not Hourglass, Freya or now Legacy. And you have to be unrealistically curvy. And with men, it's basically you can have any body, however, you have to be a giant and muscular. Like who the heck cares how others look, it is not harming them. So stop being so judgemental, and tearing people down. It drives me bonkers, especially with how people are on the bandwagon to attack people in the Kawaii lifestyle these days.

that is so true. Ive always liked kawaii but thankfully i was never attacked in sl so far but i know people who have. People have forgotten about the motto of SL.  Also depends which sims you hang out at. One of my favorites is Chouchou and are mostly japanese people who hang out there and they understand the kawaii lifestyle.

Edited by Jeny Howlett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeny Howlett said:

that is so true. Ive always liked kawaii but thankfully i was never attacked in sl so far but i know people who have. People have forgotten about the motto of SL.  Also depends which sims you hang out at. One of my favorites is Chouchou and are mostly japanese people who hang out there and they understand the kawaii lifestyle..

It shouldn't matter how you look or what lifestyle you are in, you should be able to enjoy the grid without the abuse like everyone else. I am getting sick and tired of seeing this all the time, and you have a bunch of people who will join in on it. Take a few seconds to learn about lifestyles or certain looks, instead of being so ignorant and bullying them to the point they are scared to even be themselves. This is what happened to furries, and they went into hiding for many years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...