IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

29 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

"That's my daughter. She's a pain in the ass and her cooking stinks."

With a slight parental pride emphasis on the "my". You have to listen close to hear it. ;)

Edited by Selene Gregoire

10 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

With a slight parental pride emphasis on the "my". You have to listen close to hear it. ;)

Sure, a dash of parental pride and a pinch of martyr. We've earned it together.

• Like 1

I've been hanging out on Social Island, and I've been reminded of two of my longstanding pet peeves...

1. Avatars who don't respond to a friendly greeting, but just run on past.
  2. Avatars who immediately accost you, asking for your location, age, marital status, and phone number (!)  All of the Randy Noobs seem to wear the same avatar, that 70's character with the orange paisley shirt, Sonny Bono hair and mustache, and the little boom box.

I've discovered how to convert Type 2 into Type 1 though...sit in a wheelchair.

Nobody yet has seemed to notice that Disabled Lindal is faster than they are.  They run past, then I fly up, wheelchair and all, fly over them, and land in front of them.  Then I say, "Hello again!" as they come up to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've been hanging out on Social Island, and I've been reminded of two of my longstanding pet peeves...

1. Avatars who don't respond to a friendly greeting, but just run on past.
  2. Avatars who immediately accost you, asking for your location, age, marital status, and phone number (!)  All of the Randy Noobs seem to wear the same avatar, that 70's character with the orange paisley shirt, Sonny Bono hair and mustache, and the little boom box.

I've discovered how to convert Type 2 into Type 1 though...sit in a wheelchair.

Nobody yet has seemed to notice that Disabled Lindal is faster than they are.  They run past, then I fly up, wheelchair and all, fly over them, and land in front of them.  Then I say, "Hello again!" as they come up to me.

... Avatars that expect me to reply to random greetings, and/or stop and chat, if I'm focused on something important like running past them. Or shopping!

I guess regardless of what you do it'll be someone's peeve. :(

But I can elaborate. It's probably a thing derived from real life. Culturally, we never talk to strangers here unless clearly in a social setting, or drunk. And that value is so deeply ingrained into me that I can't help but bring it into virtual worlds too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've been hanging out  I've discovered how to convert Type 2 into Type 1 though...sit in a wheelchair.

Careful, one day you'll encounter someone with a fetish for that.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Avatars who immediately accost you, asking for your location, age, marital status, and phone number (!) 

• Planet Venus
  • Let me check my profile to be sure
  • Polyamorous; just me and fifteen guys
  • 800-555-1212 (Directory Assistance)

I like to have fun with them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Avatars who immediately accost you, asking for your location, age, marital status, and phone number (!)

I don't know that I've ever been asked for my phone number by someone I didn't know!

I feel so inadequate now.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't know that I've ever been asked for my phone number by someone I didn't know!

I feel so inadequate now.

One hopeful boy gave me HIS number.  I told him he should not be so trusting as to give out his number to anonymous people on the internet, and he never said a word to me again.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

One hopeful boy gave me HIS number.  I told him he should not be so trusting as to give out his number to anonymous people on the internet, and he never said a word to me again.

I found my number written on a bathroom wall once (probably by a jealous ex), does that count?