Jump to content
IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I don't measure when I cook, so I have no recipes and never make the same thing twice. There are times that makes me sad because I'll make something truly delicious and I don't know how I did it. For the most part it's worth that to avoid making the same thing twice.

My hand is my measuring spoon/cup. But then I did, years ago, go through the trouble of learning to judge how much by dumping tablespoons, teaspoons, half teaspoons, etc into my hand for a visual. 

About the only recipes I follow to the letter or pretty close to as far as measurements go, are baking and pastry type things. Just regular everyday cooking, I season to taste and usually don't even need to use my hand. So basically, nothing I cook ever tastes quite the same as the time before because it is slightly different every time.

Just ask Dmitri. He's been eating my cooking for almost 20 years now. And I haven't used the rat poison... yet. 👼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Just ask Dmitri. He's been eating my cooking for almost 20 years now. And I haven't used the rat poison... yet. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

My hand is my measuring spoon/cup. But then I did, years ago, go through the trouble of learning to judge how much by dumping tablespoons, teaspoons, half teaspoons, etc into my hand for a visual. 

About the only recipes I follow to the letter or pretty close to as far as measurements go, are baking and pastry type things. Just regular everyday cooking, I season to taste and usually don't even need to use my hand. So basically, nothing I cook ever tastes quite the same as the time before because it is slightly different every time.

Just ask Dmitri. He's been eating my cooking for almost 20 years now. And I haven't used the rat poison... yet. 👼

What / who did you feed to your wolves?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What / who did you feed to your wolves?

Well... before I met Dmitri they got dog food, venison, rabbit, mice... things like that. After Dmitri, since he no longer hunts, dog food, beef and bison.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

If you think ageing fruit cake is a gift from hell, you haven't tried savoury duck.

A Yorkshire delicacy. 

Gosh, that sounds  ... um ... interesting.  Maybe I'll look for Mr. Brain's Faggots in the grocery before I try making the recipe myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Well... before I met Dmitri they got dog food, venison, rabbit, mice... things like that. After Dmitri, since he no longer hunts, dog food, beef and bison.

So, “that ‘dog’ don’t hunt?” 😹😻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

 

No lyrics, no CC. 

I think the last time I had egg money was 199... um.. 198... uh... 197...no...196... oh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, “that ‘dog’ don’t hunt?” 😹😻

WeightyGregariousCrab-size_restricted.gi

 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No lyrics, no CC. 

Couldn't find lyrics. Fortunately Susan enunciates wonderfully and I'm a fast typist...

Egg Money by Susan Werner

He wore a straw hat on his head
And a tomcat in his smile
I told him he should understand this
Before he walked me down the aisle

You can have the money from the oats
The money from the cow
The money from the goats
And the money from the sow

But don’t you ever touch the egg money
That’s crossing the line
Don’t you ever touch the egg money
The egg money is mine

We had seven good years
Then the trouble all began
First he started nipping at the gin
Then he started seeing Maryanne

Then he started gambling dice
Lost the horses and the plow
I felt behind the stove
There was nothing there now

He had taken all the egg money
That’s crossing the line
Don’t you ever touch the egg money
The egg money is mine

Leaving would have been the thing to do
But no-one left in… 1922

So, the angel that I am
Poured the coffee in his cup
Served his toast with butter and jam
And the eggs were sunny side up

And the eggs were maybe too old
And the eggs had maybe gone bad
Three days and the body went cold
Doctor said... “It’s terribly sad”

The egg money
That’s crossing the line
Don’t you ever touch the egg money
The egg money is mine

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve actually heard it as a slur against gays.

I don't get it. But then I don't get most humans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve actually heard it as a slur against gays.

 I don't get it. But then I don't get most humans.

“That dog don’t hunt” meaning, “that gay/queer won’t seek a mate of the opposite sex and procreate.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“That dog don’t hunt” meaning, “that gay/queer won’t seek a mate of the opposite sex and procreate.”

Never heard of it being used in that context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a new one I have been hearing a LOT lately

I will get an IM from someone who isn't speaking English, and since I only know  that language, I will tell them to please speak in English.  they will translate but not before they say, or shortly after " You do realize not everyone is American/ speaks English, right?" ( not usually in that way but along the lines of that).....

I usually come back with a sarcastic remark like "No, really!? I hadn't noticed" Or" Well duh, but that doesn't change the fact I only speak English, Dumb*bleep*!"

I've even been called racist because of this, which was both hilarious and infuriating....WHAT DOES RACE HAVE TO DO WITH IT YOU RACE CARD PULLING *BLEEP*?! VDMRRKJBFKBK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

Heres a new one I have been hearing a LOT lately

I will get an IM from someone who isn't speaking English, and since I only know  that language, I will tell them to please speak in English.  they will translate but not before they say, or shortly after " You do realize not everyone is American/ speaks English, right?" ( not usually in that way but along the lines of that).....

I usually come back with a sarcastic remark like "No, really!? I hadn't noticed" Or" Well duh, but that doesn't change the fact I only speak English, Dumb*bleep*!"

I've even been called racist because of this, which was both hilarious and infuriating....WHAT DOES RACE HAVE TO DO WITH IT YOU RACE CARD PULLING *BLEEP*?! VDMRRKJBFKBK

Look up a few phrases of Latin or some other "dead" or not wide spread language and reply with those. Bonus points if it's your native language. 👼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Look up a few phrases of Latin or some other "dead" or not wide spread language and reply with those. Bonus points if it's your native language. 👼

   Låter bra!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one of mine, I am a  blogger. And it's actually a two parter. The first part is, the fact that the brighter more cheerier photos, that get more recognition. However, people like me who don't do bright cheery photos, with the pastel colours. They don't really get the same recognition. I know for me, I am not changing my style. Just to get more views. But it honestly feels like there are these unwritten standards in SL blogging. Like your photos have to be High Quality, which totally makes sense. But it feels like there are more standards than that. You have to look a certain way, use certain bright colours. Use a really bright and pastelly windlight. Edit your photos. Like to me as a blogger, I feel kinda confused and downtrodden. On one hand, I don't want to conform, and I just want to be myself. But on the other hand, I just wish that darker pictures got more recognition. We work just as hard on these pics, as most of the population who does the bright, cheerful and pastel blogs. My second one, when bloggers only credit their sponsors. Like I know myself, I will credit everything. I can't just not credit everything. I just feel like these bloggers, are taking the easy way out, or are just too lazy to figure out everything they used. I hate having to ask a million questions, just to figure out where this person got it. I wouldn't have to ask, if you would credit everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

But it honestly feels like there are these unwritten standards in SL blogging. Like your photos have to be High Quality, which totally makes sense.

   ... Yeah, nah. I think the vast majority of people who call themselves 'blogger' in SL don't have a clue about photography. I frequently see blog posts that are shot in low resolution and using the viewer's photo filters. Or just random PS filters slapped on without any manual retouching - neck seams galore in most blogging groups. The reason they tend to get attention is through spam-following everyone they see (most of them have horrendous following to follower ratios), and spam-liking each other's posts for their buddies to return the favor.

   If creators figure that's the people they want to employ though, meh? I don't have any expectation of any creator throwing free stuff at me. If I see something that I like, and my wallet allows it, I'll buy it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. groups that are spamming my notification inbox to high hell. If anything it makes me wanna not bother with most groups, esp the ones related to nightclubs and whatsnot that are especially guilty of spamming left and right

2. whenever i enter a crowded grid and literally 90 percent of people are just parking/afk-ing. Dont get me wrong, people can do whatever the hell they please, i just find it quite nonsensical to have your avatar idling at one place, not even like dancing or anything all day long but hey, to each their own *shrug*

 

3. peeps who go crazy extents to play the apologists for the premium subscription and go butthurt when you arent literally sacrificing your firstborn on the altair of LL

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarkRavenWolfie said:

1. groups that are spamming my notification inbox to high hell. If anything it makes me wanna not bother with most groups, esp the ones related to nightclubs and whatsnot that are especially guilty of spamming left and right

2. whenever i enter a crowded grid and literally 90 percent of people are just parking/afk-ing. Dont get me wrong, people can do whatever the hell they please, i just find it quite nonsensical to have your avatar idling at one place, not even like dancing or anything all day long but hey, to each their own *shrug*

 

3. peeps who go crazy extents to play the apologists for the premium subscription and go butthurt when you arent literally sacrificing your firstborn on the altair of LL

You forgot to add a 4th point. When you have friends who constantly mass TP you to a club. Just to get money out of you. Seriously, it's annoying. If I wanted to go, I would go. Stop trying to use our friendship as a way to bleed me dry of money, cause you need those cute pair of shoes. There are better ways of advertising, than using your friends as a cash grab.

And the 5th point. When you accept a friend on FB, and all they do is use your wall as a place to put their ads. Like screw off with using my wall as your ad space. Next time you do it, I am charging you a flat fee, and an hourly fee, just to keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Look up a few phrases of Latin or some other "dead" or not wide spread language and reply with those. Bonus points if it's your native language. 👼

Caesar ad sum iam forte

Brutus et dederat,

Caesar sic in omnibus

Brutus sic in at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...