Jump to content
IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

Recommended Posts

Grinds-my-gears.jpg

Creators who throw in unnecessary no-copy permissions into their copy no-transfer product.

Examples that I've suffered lately:

  • The product itself is copy, but the vendor ad/notecard is no-copy, so the box as a whole becomes no-copy
  • The product is copy/mod but with next owner permissions set to no-copy/no-mod
  • The main product is fine but one of the linked objects is set to next owner no-copy/no-mod, so you can't actually fix the problem

This gets under my skin pretty badly; there's just no reason to do it, and it's just pure annoyance for me (with an added dose of false advertising).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

People who try and dictate what you can post in "their" thread

People who can't keep the discussion to the forum and send abusive im's in world or pm's here

I logged in yesterday morning with the specific purpose of blocking inworld for that reason. 

I'm also finding it a bit odd that nothing has been done in the past 48 hours. It's almost as if he knows he can get away with it. 

Frankly, this isn't the only forum that reeks of favoritism by mods.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

People who can't keep the discussion to the forum and send abusive im's in world or pm's here

also on a sock account too ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

also on a sock account too ...

Sounds like you have a fair idea who it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I logged in yesterday morning with the specific purpose of blocking inworld for that reason. 

I'm also finding it a bit odd that nothing has been done in the past 48 hours. It's almost as if he knows he can get away with it. 

Frankly, this isn't the only forum that reeks of favoritism by mods.

I have him blocked, is he still posting here??? Or is there someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I have him blocked, is he still posting here??? Or is there someone else?

The thread in question is gone now, is it not?

It was the weirdest thread ever . . . it felt odd right from the outset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I have him blocked, is he still posting here??? Or is there someone else?

Not that I've seen today. I'll be blocking him on the forum if he comes back here.

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The thread in question is gone now, is it not?

It was the weirdest thread ever . . . it felt odd right from the outset.

It was still there this morning. *goes to look*

ETA: Nope. It's gone. They must have deleted it in the past half hour or so which is about right time wise. It's 9:20 AM now.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The thread in question is gone now, is it not?

It was the weirdest thread ever . . . it felt odd right from the outset.

It’s gone. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt though, with English not being everyone’s first language, no way to pick up on subtle cues, etc. But you’re right it was kinda weird from the beginning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

It’s gone. You try to give people the benefit of the doubt though, with English not being everyone’s first language, no way to pick up on subtle cues, etc. But you’re right it was kinda weird from the beginning.

The topic was interesting enough, although god knows one that we've addressed before (endlessly). It's the kind of thread I might usually contribute to . . . but this one made me uneasy, even before it went completely south. Something about his tone, I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The topic was interesting enough, although god knows one that we've addressed before (endlessly). It's the kind of thread I might usually contribute to . . . but this one made me uneasy, even before it went completely south. Something about his tone, I think.

His "tone" in the OP is what made the thread go south. It stunk to high heaven of narcissism. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The topic was interesting enough, although god knows one that we've addressed before (endlessly). It's the kind of thread I might usually contribute to . . . but this one made me uneasy, even before it went completely south. Something about his tone, I think.

You mean his condescending “yeah, yeah, kewl, kewl, kewl....but you’re wrong.” Kind of responses? Then he would go on to take your response and respond to some one else who said the opposite of what you said?

classic troll moves....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You mean his condescending “yeah, yeah, kewl, kewl, kewl....but you’re wrong.” Kind of responses? Then he would go on to take your response and respond to some one else who said the opposite of what you said?

classic troll moves....

And, “fun!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

ETA: Nope. It's gone. They must have deleted it in the past half hour or so which is about right time wise. It's 9:20 AM now.

So, we can mark ourselves “safe”?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And, “fun!”

I was going to say “and not genuine.”

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, janetosilio said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And, “fun!”

 I was going to say “and not genuine.”

 

I meant, they replied “fun” a couple times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Something about his tone, I think.

Not to go all SJW, but to me it reeked of middle-aged to Boomerish European white male superiority. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Not to go all SJW, but to me it reeked of middle-aged to Boomerish European white male superiority. 

Worse than that, even. For the briefest moment I wondered if he was an academic.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, we can mark ourselves “safe”?

Only if you've figured out how to hide from the mods.

39d2eade-6ebf-4470-8a67-0f9789610728_1.90386bead1f81b9ad4f7015a4f65d600.jpeg.4dd87661fc0670c118607b906607b0c5.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Not to go all SJW, but to me it reeked of middle-aged to Boomerish European white male superiority. 

I started to miss Phil. Lacking quality bluster.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I started to miss Phil. Lacking quality bluster.

I wasn't around the forums in those days, so I sadly missed that particular bluster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 12:43 PM, AyelaNewLife said:

As it happened to me yet again; people who open an IM by saying "hi" or the suchlike, and then go offline within 2-3 minutes. I'm not talking about freak coincidental disconnects, I'm talking about people who start a conversation and then immediately go offline for the day. 

That rustles me.

This has happened to me another three times since I posted this. It's a plague. 

When the revolution comes, these people will be the first to the gulag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same vein are the people that contact you only to take 10-15 mins to respond...every. Time. So a simple “Hi, how are you?” conversation turns into an hour long thing. When you finally close the box they respond again two minutes later.

The internet has become a tabbed out culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...