What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

This is why I rarely offer an olive branch any more. Ninety-nine times out of one hundred I draw back a nub. 

*sighs, shakes head sadly and walks away*

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

I think you offer olive branches to doves, not raptors.

- Facelights that light up a room. If your skin needs it, get a better designed skin.

- The lack of community that used to exist in SL. Now, its cliques and everyone else off in their own little corner. I once made a friend by accidently teleporting into their home. Now if you are in their draw distance, chances are you are a nuisance to them.

- When premium account holders (and LL for that matter) forget that free account holders spend money in here and quite frankly, demand for virtual goods and services in SL would drop to lethal lows without us. We are all customers here. Even those that never pay a dime are supplying demand for products being sold, are earning the lindens to spend by working in SL, and deserve more respect for their contribution to the grid. They also are potentially future premium account holders, and the perfect target audience to advertise premium accounts to. Second Life would not survive without free accounts.

- Group limits

- Mesh and the lack of a LL supported and offered Mesh creation tool.

- The idea that Second Life and real life are two different things.

• Thanks 1

It's usually more a case of old hardware and very low settings .. this is also why some people have full bright privacy walls. It's not because they are intentionally being a d... it's because it's dark and ticking that box makes things lighter. More often than not they have no idea.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

It's just him trying to paint himself like I was harassing and bullying him when i wasn't was what was really annoying me

duty_calls.png

(I struggle with this too, don't worry, I know how hard it can be sometimes to just walk away)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

duty_calls.png

(I struggle with this too, don't worry, I know how hard it can be sometimes to just walk away)

It really is! Like mentally I know they aren't worth it, but I simply can't just let it go when I see they are trying to lie, it's simply not in me 😂

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

Whelp, my latest peeve is that I can’t keep up with the forum anymore due to all of the whining er... I mean new posts. Also the use of the word less when fewer applies.

I am soooooooooooooo far behind in all of "those" threads.  I think they are growing faster than all the whining about the new Linden Homes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am soooooooooooooo far behind in all of "those" threads.  I think they are growing faster than all the whining about the new Linden Homes.

My problem is that if they show up as the next unread topic, I end up reading the latest posts because they are there on the screen, and then I realize that all I've done all morning is read people complaining about stuff.  This is one of the times that I'd really like the ability to put specific threads on "ignore".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's some photography pet peeves:

-Full bright furniture. Its an easy fix so its not that frustrating, unless you decorate a full scene, crank up your graphics and use your favorite shadows wind-light, only to see EVERYTHING you rezzed shining like the fabric is made of flash lights, THEN its highly annoying

-When people get right in the shot and won't move. Before Friends Only mode was a thing this was something I struggled with almost constantly, and most of the time the person just stands there and refuses to budge if you ask

-People who would just sit down on the thing your sitting on and automatically change the pose to a couple one. Thank god this doesn't happen that often anymore but I have  gotten very heated with people about this before, like FFS you RUINED MY PERFECT SHOT!

-When Textures decide they just don't wanna be fully rezzed anymore once you get everything adjusted perfectly

- When you don't notice something is out of place ( Somethings floating, not the right color, etc)  till your in Photoshop and then the mistake is glaring and you gotta retake it

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

- When you don't notice something is out of place ( Somethings floating, not the right color, etc)  till your in Photoshop and then the mistake is glaring and you gotta retake it

YES. This happens all.the.time to me. Unless it’s super horrible I just go with it and hope no one notices. Then I have this compulsion to point it out anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Full bright furniture. Its an easy fix so its not that frustrating

...unless it's no-mod. I've had that happen with far too many accessories ¬¬

Case in point, from an old pre-mesh head shoot:

piratefullbright.jpg.8166a2010377c429b7a145fe4edf18c8.jpg

17 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

When you don't notice something is out of place ( Somethings floating, not the right color, etc)  till your in Photoshop and then the mistake is glaring and you gotta retake it

And you can never get the shot framed exactly right the second time around!

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

People who act like that they don't need to lift a finger, and that others should do it for them. They refuse to solve their own issues and want to dump them in someone's else's lap by playing stupid.

People who don't read FAQs, important notices, important emails then act like it's an EMERGENCY when the said matter happens. Not our fault that you don't read important things, we are not going to drop things for you. Learn responsibility.

People who whine about everything. I am sure you MUST have some positive things in your life to be grateful for.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.