What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

But if you leave a review, that seems negative. Even if it is constructive criticism. Like hey, I really like your product, but there are a few things I would change about it. They instantly take it down, that is the issue today. No one likes constructive criticism and will delete those reviews instantly. So it's rather moot to review anything these days, RL or SL.

Some will do that. Which is why I keep tabs on it and I will flag it over, and over, and over each time they do that as it is a TOS violation. But it also *rarely* happens. Most legitimate merchants will simply respond to the review. Now if I contact the merchant and no response after a week, or they are rude and unfriendly about things, then I am prepared for any review to become delisted, and ready to flag away.

Based on your comment, *I get the impression that* you are paranoid about leaving reviews at the marketplace that are detailed and truthful, even if negative because then the creator may take it down to clear your review. Which, to me, is you allowing them to win.

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:09 AM, EveniosReturns38 said:

yada yada yada....

basic SL social relations: you don't own the people on your friends list. That list just means you have met them before and engaged in a conversation that resulted in a friendship request being accepted.  true friendship develops over time with shared experiences.

If: you consistently IM someone the moment you see them log on

Then: It should not be surprising when they remove your ability to see when they log on. People like to read notices, invites etc. and change their clothes before prior to engaging in chit chat. Or they might have a specific purpose for logging in and want to accomplish it in a limited amount of time.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, EveniosReturns38 said:

- when someone posts their lists of pet peeves and you are tempted to personally attack them for it.

good advice for us all.

What is it like to have absolutely no self awareness? What is it like to complain of a bad smell everywhere you go, and yet be utterly convinced that it's everyone else?

34 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's called Chutzpah.

Oy vey, but no. Chutzpah, that is just cheekiness, yes? But this man, he has all the schlimazel, but it is everyone else's fault, nu? He has so much tsuris, always he kvetches. Perhaps he could learn to treat people with respect, nu? Even older women and submissives, nu? This consent, nobody owes it to him, nu? Oy gvult, until he learns to behave properly, he is gornisht helfn, he will get bupkis. Feh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Latest new pet peeve:

People who post a bunch of what they claim to be pet peeves but in reality are just a means of trying to control  manipulate others so they can accuse those others of personal attacks that never happened. 

That's my latest one too, esp re crybabies who drag their personal issues into the forum in order to get sympathy or  orchestrate some kind of  revenge. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ikh bin mskhim. Deyn visn fun eydish iz fil beser vi mayn.  <<<  And you can thank Google Translate for that.  ;)

"Ikh is mskhim. The dough is fun fun eydish iz file we mayn."

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ikh bin mskhim. Deyn visn fun eydish iz fil beser vi mayn.  <<<  And you can thank Google Translate for that.  ;)

6 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

"Ikh is mskhim. The dough is fun fun eydish iz file we mayn."

Haven't a clue to what that means (thanks Google Translate)

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's what I got when I ran Rolig's post through Google Translate. 

Google Translate must be high today.

I get " Their bin MSKHIM. Dane wisn von aydish of fil beser you mine " and shows as russian.

russian.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Based on your comment, *I get the impression that* you are paranoid about leaving reviews at the marketplace that are detailed and truthful, even if negative because then the creator may take it down to clear your review. Which, to me, is you allowing them to win.

Yeah, but it's not paranoia. More annoyance than anything, you try to leave a very nice, and detailed message about what you as the customer, is having a problem with. They immediately delete it, so it's like. What's the freakin point? Your voice is just gonna be silenced anyways. 

12 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yeah, but it's not paranoia. More annoyance than anything, you try to leave a very nice, and detailed message about what you as the customer, is having a problem with. They immediately delete it, so it's like. What's the freakin point? Your voice is just gonna be silenced anyways. 

It isn't paranoia when you know they are out to get you. shiftyeyes.gif.38df7abf4cf4c818d769b7b6559447d1.gif

flyswatter.gif.a8c0276e7d9c2da9e6fddf830c430e8f.gif

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.